Pogba out for 4 to 6 weeks | No Megathreads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Giggs used to pick up a fair bit of injuries but towards the end of his career (im talking about 29/30) he improved massively on that front. I guess it'll just be something we have to wait and see on. But i would hope he doesnt become a sick note :(

That would be a shame for the lad and everyone in football (you know those that like seeing good quality football)
Damn it, need to get Pogba on the yoga.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
With leg strapping for one of those internationals I think? Might be some truth to these furious Jose rumours. Though Jose could maybe have given him some precautionary rest. Pogba's had hamstring injuries before I think. Same leg?
It's sad that Jose didn't think about resting him regardless of what his personal trainer claimed about Pogba's fitness. He should have rested/substituted Pogba more often.

OohAahMartial

It's sad that Jose didn't think about resting him regardless of what his personal trainer claimed about Pogba's fitness. He should have rested/substituted Pogba more often.
Then again Jose likes players to play through niggles and if they don't they can fall out of favour for it. Hardly encourages players to be cautious over their fitness.

Marcelinho87

Missing the games against Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Arsenal and City.

You couldn't make this shit up. To feck with our luck.
The games in which he failed to turn up in last season, I think we will be alright.

I love Pogba, but his weakness is that in the big games he thinks he has to do it all himself and it becomes a frustrating experience.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Posted at15:12
More tests for Pogba
Man Utd v Everton (16:00BST)

Simon Stone

BBC Sport at Old Trafford

When he spoke to the media on Friday, Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho initially would not confirm Paul Pogba would be missing for any more than today's game with the injury he sustained against Basel on Tuesday.

He later extended that to 'a few games'.

However, it seems United cannot be entirely sure how long Pogba's absence will be.

He is to have more tests next week after which more will be known.

It is understood the initial hope Pogba could be fit for the high-profile trip to Liverpool on 14 October is unlikely to materialise.

SATA

Jose didn't need to play him against Basel really if he indeed has an injury prior to that, abit of mismanagement there i would say

van Nistelrooy

BBC Sport are reporting that Ousmane Dembele has been ruled out for 4 months by Barcelona, due to a hamstring injury.

Could be worse.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Genuinely don't think it'll cause any issues for you lot. You'll be strong without Pogba, might even be shocked how good you are without him being the focal point and firing off 35 yard shots whenever he's in the opposition half. Could be a blessing in disguise.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's okay because Souness just said opposition managers will be more scared to see Fellaini on the pitch instead of Pogba. So we're actually better off.

Next he'll be saying Ruben Loftus-Cheek is just as good as Pogba.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Genuinely don't think it'll cause any issues for you lot. You'll be strong without Pogba, might even be shocked how good you are without him being the focal point and firing off 35 yard shots whenever he's in the opposition half. Could be a blessing in disguise.
Genuinely think you'll be surprised at how much he does for us. Without him last year all our creativity and control went.

OneUnited24

Jose didn't need to play him against Basel really if he indeed has an injury prior to that, abit of mismanagement there i would say
Injuries like this tend to flare up whenever and are a result of prolonged muscular strain. Its likely he might have pulled up today or at the next game.

Please seem to think if you pull a hamstring its just because you failed to warm up properly but i've heard of cases that say otherwise. Its just one of those things.

Genuinely think you'll be surprised at how much he does for us. Without him last year all our creativity and control went.
My biggest worry too. Guess we'll see how we get on today. Last season i think a bit of that had to do with our forwards being static and slow passing. The movement has been good this season but it usually is Pogba who finds them so...

Macern

Pee pee pants
Nah, he's extremly imprtant for us

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Can't say I followed you that closely to notice, but I still think you'll be fine without him. Time will tell.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Nah, he's extremly imprtant for us
You'll know that by mid October, that's why I said I think you'll be surprised. You wouldn't be surprised if you thought already you can cope without him :) you and other think you'll miss him, I don't.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
It's 5 games into the season - you think that Jose should have already rested Pogba? Jeez, the blame is always on the manager for some people...
Yes. Especially after he played with a knee band in the International game. You have to protect your best talent.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Our midfield is so much worse without him. I really hope he's not out longer than 3 weeks.

izec

If he is missing anywhere close to 10 weeks, we are fecked. Most important player in the team

Oneunited26

With fellaini in the team who has got has much control in the engine room has a drunk driver, fellaini is a good squad player, but? week in week out with fellaini playing alongside matic, its going to cost united points

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
With fellaini in the team who has got has much control in the engine room has a drunk driver, fellaini is a good squad player, but? week in week out with fellaini playing alongside matic, its going to cost united points
4-0 vs Everton, not missing him so far eh :D

Kaos

That scoreline flattered us tbh, and not to mention they've started this season pretty appallingly.

Our midfield lacked any real creative impetus and it showed - our front 6 were all over the place.

Oneunited26

Yes we won, but more has got to be done in the showcase of the entire match, everton did get better and it could have easy be 1-1. 6 weeks is a long ass time to lose pogba, and not to mention match sharpness that is 2 months without pogba, lets wait and see how we do when Pogba returns. If we still in and around the title race when Pogba returns, we got through the heavy storm

Cathy Ferguson

4-6 weeks is quite a lot for a hamstring injury unless it is a partial tear.

2-3 weeks is more common and the 4-6 weeks has never been confirmed by the club.

Bojan11

Jose is using his monkey Duncan Castles to write lies and you all are falling for it.

dogwithabone

Although we won today I definitely think we missed him. Don't think Everton would have got the foothold in the game they had at times had they had him to worry about. Fellaini is an equal physical presence but he doesn't possess anything like the same ability on the ball or level of athleticism that Pogba does.

Jose: No recovery estimate yet

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
"I don't know if it is 12 weeks or 12 days, honestly," said the manager at his post-match press conference, following the 4-0 win over the Toffees.

"Any comment or any new rumour is totally wrong because we don't know if it is 12 weeks or 12 days. The player was diagnosed initially after the match because of the conditions of the muscle and the bleeding. The decision was one more week to wait to see really clearly in the scans, that I mentioned, of the injury.

"Nobody in this club spoke about 12 days or 12 weeks. Not at all. In the hamstring, it's a normal procedure and we wait a few more days. So it's completely nonsense information."
Jose has basically shit on Castles' bald head.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Good. Hope he's back for the dipppers.

Klopp_De_Klown

we missed his spark today.

It did not look the worst when he came off he tried to see if he could run it off and wasn't happening. I imagine a 4 week lay off. Without knowing the full facts. I'd be shocked at 12 weeks, 3 fecking months that cant be right surely.

Personally its all about a little rotation now to have everyone fit and fresh for the pool game and the games that follow. Lukaku needs a rest Matic too.

AdnanRED

As long as Matic doesn't get injured too I am not too worried, Pogba sometimes tries too hard in big games and doesn't do the simple things right. I reckon Jose is preparing Ander for the big games coming up or he could just be playing mind games and Pogba could come sooner than we think, I think now we are more solid when playing with 2 in midfield and I can see us playing a 4231 other than maybe against City.

Hullyback

Supports
Liverpool FC
Yes we won, but more has got to be done in the showcase of the entire match, everton did get better and it could have easy be 1-1. 6 weeks is a long ass time to lose pogba, and not to mention match sharpness that is 2 months without pogba, lets wait and see how we do when Pogba returns. If we still in and around the title race when Pogba returns, we got through the heavy storm
Personally I see Lukaku as being a bigger loss if it were to happen for you than Pogba. Pogba was there last season and these kind of games did end up 1-1 like you mentioned it could have been. Lukaku being there turns these games into wins. His sheer presence puts the fear into teams, I don't think Pogba does that.

I'd much prefer to see Pogba on the team sheet than Lukaku come October when we play you, even though his record isn't that great against us, he now has a decent team behind him and can see him causing all types of problems to our lacklustre defence.

You'll be fine without him. Either first, or second to city by a point or two when he returns, I'd put money on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.