Pogba

iHicksy

Honestly - I can't help but feel that the old trafford crowd is partly to blame for our players (Pogba etc) feeling like they can put in zero effort on the pitch and then release comments like the above whilst at the club. Because they know there's going to be no repercussions. We seem to hold ourselves to some higher standard where we refuse to boo our own players. No matter the performances or lack of effort on their part. They aren't held accountable by the club, or by the fans.

I'm not saying we should turn into a Madrid (boo'ing ronaldo etc) but when players like Rashford and Pogba are putting in zero effort and the fans just clap them then i'm not sure what we expect. Look at Martial at Sevilla, he's jogging around putting in no effort into tracking players etc and rightly getting boo'd by the fans after only a couple of games because they're used to a higher level of effort. Meanwhile here we cheer him and still have people thinking he should be given another chance after 5 years of zero effort and sulking. We need to wake up as a fan base and start holding players accountable, god knows they get more than enough love from the match going fans the majority of time and rightly so, when they actually...try. As the bare minimum.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Why not?

If I were him and City made a good offer I'd go in a heartbeat.
Because, despite popular opinion, Pogba isn't a shit bag.

I mean, sure, everyone has degrees of shit baggery in them, but you'd have to be the lowest of the low to run down your contract only to sign for a league rival. Pogba just wouldn't do it.

Does anyone else think he's capable of doing that?

hobbers

I mean, sure, everyone has degrees of shit baggery in them, but you'd have to be the lowest of the low to run down your contract only to sign for a league rival. Pogba just wouldn't do it.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past him.

Wing Attack Plan R

He knows far too many people in the United set up to switch to City. Newcastle, on the other hand and for £500,000 / week, I could see.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He knows far too many people in the United set up to switch to City. Newcastle, on the other hand and for £500,000 / week, I could see.
I expect he probably would choose City if it were a choice between City and Newcastle. He wants to win titles, not help build a team that will compete for titles in a few years when he may be retired or past his best.

However I also expect he'd prefer to go to just about any of the other top teams in Europe before going to City. That's partly because of the Utd rivalry, and partly because of probably wanting to get out of England and start fresh.

Of course, Pep wouldn't have any interest in signing him at this stage so it's a moot point.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

I reckon he'd do it in a heart beat and so what if he did. He's just an employee looking for a new job.
This so called rivalry is not a thing to players that are from a different country.

He wouldn't get into the City team unless he started actually working his ass off on the field and if he did then he'd be the biggest shit bag going.

Won't happen though as City seem to do transfer business properly and they wouldnt be wasting money on a mediocre older player

Hughie77

I think he'd go to City as well, the guys got no scruples or any respect , only for himself, that has shown on the pitch, that was shown years ago when SAF was here.
The guy and his agent look out for themselves, I'd have a guess Utd haven't offered him a contact for the silly amount they want so, the knifes come out then. Its been like that since he's been here. I've defended him so have others in his time at Utd. But if City cough up his wages and they want him he'd go.

Red00012

Why would he go to Newcastle , he’s openly said he wants to be winning trophies. He’ll be 34/35 before they are challenging

OleGunnar20

If that was the best deal on the table I think he would, absolutely. He strikes me as 100% self-interested, rather than a malicious shite type. Whatever is best for Paul is what he'll do, and who can blame him really?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Mental health is a serious topic and whether Pogba is being truthful or not isn't what I wanna talk about, I am massively disappointed by his lack of self accountability.
Not once did he acknowledge his own shortcomings. It really is time to part ways after this season

RuudTom83

If he leaves the UK, nobody (in the English media) will watch him every week. But he will turn up once or twice in the CL and everyone will cream themselves with Jamie Redknapp claiming United were idiots to let him go.

Whereas any reasonable fan will agree Paul isn’t the problem by any means but he is not the solution either.

Time for both club and player to part ways. Thanks for the haircuts and a dozen good performances Paul.

Robertd0803

I have no doubt whatsoever he is capable of it.

We all idolise RvP and he did it (to a certain extent).

MattofManchester

That interview annoyed me. It's another international break, another comment to stir the pot.

It's also on the back of poor performances against both Atletico and Spurs.

Nevermind that, if Paul Pogba had performed to a reasonable degree throughout his 6 years here, he'd have a leg to stand on with the interview.
But he hasn't.
Now I'm not talking World Class performances all game every game.
But he's probably had more stinkers than world class games for one, and he's been poor and cost us a few games making the exact same mistakes in most of them.
His own individual performances have been under par, so he can't really hold his head above the clouds and say the club has let him down under those circumstances. That's a ridiculous notion. His form here is not one of a player who belongs in a title winning team.

The positional issue is just as irritating. If he developed any semblance of defensive and positional skill, he would be a number one pick in the team all game every game. But he chose not to, meaning managers had a hard time fitting him in, as he's essentially a central midfielder(not an attacking midfielder, not 10, but a central midfielder) , who doesn't want to defend and shows no awareness(the same lack of awareness that lost him the ball against Switzerland and allowed them to counter for the winning goal in the Euros) in the main engine of a team.
You've got players like Carrick, David Silva and Modric who developed the defensive aspects of their game to give them a greater skillset for their team, then you get Paul Pogba who wants you to have two other midfielders in the team to do the parts of the game he doesn't want to do.
Even De Bruyne has defensive fecking duties ffs.

This is essentially the problem with Manchester United.
Lack of responsibility.

Too many players whinging and that things are not perfect for them rather than putting the hard graft in to secure their place in the team. They play for themselves, not the club.

He'll leave, but I'm very sure you'll see the same performances for his next club that you see here, and the same frustration from their fans that you see from ours.
His hype has been more than the quality he has displayed.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, the question is whether he'd actually consider it a dick move. I honestly don't know - players these days seem less, let's say, "tribal" than ever. Perhaps also less in touch with what more "traditional" football fans feel.

As for his personality, no - I don't think he'd do that if he considered it a dick move (meaning - he wouldn't willingly pull a dick move, not giving a feck that it was a dick move).

He doesn't strike me as a dick. In fact, he seems to be well liked and respected by those he works with. The idea that he's "toxic" and so forth is widespread - but mainly among fans who don't know anything about how he interacts with his colleagues.

An interesting example is the Rooney comment which has gathered new momentum recently: Rooney reacting to Pogba dancing after a defeat, etc. What Rooney actually said wasn't particularly damning (of Pogba) at all: in fact, he praised him as both a team mate and a professional. He - belonging to a different generation - didn't approve of the dancing, but he explicitly stated that he had nothing against Pogba on either a personal or a professional level.

All things said and done (as far as I know), the only person who has ever questioned Pogba's integrity or professionalism is...Mourinho. And - yeah, enough said.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We made a big mistake not selling him a few years back - he has continually flattered to deceive…just not cut out for the premier league….he will go back to a lesser league, look great, blow smoke out of his own arse and bitch. Sound like Lukaku? Yes.

Pogba is a tidy player at the right level and environment but the EPL finds him out big time. Big time Charlie set for big time PSG. Shame but another marriage thats ended in tears.
Ah, comparing him to Lukaku…

Yes, that’s a logical comparison to make isn’t it.

clarkydaz

If he leaves the UK, nobody (in the English media) will watch him every week. But he will turn up once or twice in the CL and everyone will cream themselves with Jamie Redknapp claiming United were idiots to let him go.

Whereas any reasonable fan will agree Paul isn’t the problem by any means but he is not the solution either.

Time for both club and player to part ways. Thanks for the haircuts and a dozen good performances Paul.
i would look forward to that, as he doesnt do it here

honirelandboy

Fred is shite, but at least he tries. Pogba and the likes on big contracts think there above sprinting back and other players should be doing it.

Hammondo

He's part of the problem.

redmanx

He's equally to blame for the failure. Has he been consistently good??

He's literally the main signing of this "project" which started years back. Tremendous lack of self awareness by Pogba to act as if he is just a victim/bystander of this club's performances.

He's every bit as disappointing as the others, if not more because of his off the field drama.

But hey, lets blame it all on teammates and previous managers. How convenient!

Every player says "I want to win". Actions speak louder than words.
Has Pogba even been consistently average?

Stookie

Nurse bell end

Yeah, he’d go in a heartbeat. He wouldn’t give two fecks in my opinion. He had no loyalty to United. He’s already said he’s wasted 5 years of his career here without seeing the irony that he was part of the problem. Yeah he’d be off like a rat up a drainpipe.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, he’d go in a heartbeat. He wouldn’t give two fecks in my opinion. He had no loyalty to United. He’s already said he’s wasted 5 years of his career here without seeing the irony that he was part of the problem. Yeah he’d be off like a rat up a drainpipe.
That statement was taken out of context according to a statement the following day. I'd be inclined to believe that, as twisting a statement to appear as controversial as possible is something the media love to do.

In any case, I think you lot are wrong about Pogba. He knows moving to a league rival would be a dick move. I don't believe for a second he'd do something like that. PSG is his only viable option considering his salary demands.

buchansleftleg

On one level I sort of see where he is coming from. The club hasn't had a plan for how to use his talents and hasn't invested in building the right midfield options for the club.

However you can also see why the club hasn't been able to create a plan because of his own inconsistencies.

Is he the long term Matic replacement, protecting the defence and spraying long accurate passes?

Is he the destructive midfielder, breaking up play and making simple passes to the creative players?

Is he the midfield maestro, ball glued to his feet, always in space, dinking little passes to unlock defences?

Is he the driving box to box midfielder, always moving, always where the threat is or needs to be?

At various stages he's tried all of these roles and he's been horribly inconsistent in all of them.

For me his most effective role has been that of the midfield maestro, but he was so easy to mark out of the game as he had little or no support and often surrendered possession at the worst possible moment.

I know he has faced a lot of persecution based on his family and religious beliefs, but he has also been a frustration to watch as he has often been lackadaisical, lacking effort and walking around the pitch in a disinterested way.

It's an unfair comparison but I watched the "Robbo" documentary the other day.

He took on all those roles at various points and gave his all. He wasn't surrounded by the greatest of talents, but his sheer will dragged the whole team on at times.

Pogba may say all the right things in team meetings. He may behave like a model professional on the training ground and do all the United foundation stuff for charity etc.

However I can't think of a single game where it looked like he used every inch of heart, muscle and sinew for the team like Robbo did.

Few players would stand upto comparison with Robbo, but Pogba....never even came close.

Cantonagotmehere

Use him as a sub for the rest of our games, unless we are playing shite teams and McT or Matic can be the only D middie.

Goodness I hope goes to PSG and has his fun there.

Hammondo

On one level I sort of see where he is coming from. The club hasn't had a plan for how to use his talents and hasn't invested in building the right midfield options for the club.

However you can also see why the club hasn't been able to create a plan because of his own inconsistencies.

Is he the long term Matic replacement, protecting the defence and spraying long accurate passes?

Is he the destructive midfielder, breaking up play and making simple passes to the creative players?

Is he the midfield maestro, ball glued to his feet, always in space, dinking little passes to unlock defences?

Is he the driving box to box midfielder, always moving, always where the threat is or needs to be?

At various stages he's tried all of these roles and he's been horribly inconsistent in all of them.

For me his most effective role has been that of the midfield maestro, but he was so easy to mark out of the game as he had little or no support and often surrendered possession at the worst possible moment.

I know he has faced a lot of persecution based on his family and religious beliefs, but he has also been a frustration to watch as he has often been lackadaisical, lacking effort and walking around the pitch in a disinterested way.

He took on all those roles at various points and gave his all. He wasn't surrounded by the greatest of talents, but his sheer will dragged the whole team on at times.

Pogba may say all the right things in team meetings. He may behave like a model professional on the training ground and do all the United foundation stuff for charity etc.

However I can't think of a single game where it looked like he used every inch of heart, muscle and sinew for the team like Robbo did.

Few players would stand upto comparison with Robbo, but Pogba....never even came close.
I would say midfield maestro is his worst role, because he has never been able to run a game. He is the opposite of that type of player, hes a luxury player after everything else is working and done, he can be put in.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

For me his most effective role has been that of the midfield maestro
, but he was so easy to mark out of the game as he had little or no support and often surrendered possession at the worst possible moment.

For me he he has a very good pass in him. His vision is exceptional. He just doesnt work hard enough. He is also not very good at retaining the ball, so he gets caught in possession often.

Terrific vision but we only see it once every three or four games.

Albin Johansson

Mental health is a serious topic and whether Pogba is being truthful or not isn't what I wanna talk about, I am massively disappointed by his lack of self accountability.
Not once did he acknowledge his own shortcomings. It really is time to part ways after this season
Agree to all the above. He is so deep down in the whole narrative of him being the victim, which is always fueled - if not started - by his agent. The man has been offered so many chances to prove himself as a top top player. No one can deny his qualities and raw talent but his consistency is awful and honestly how much of a world class baller are you if you need the whole team to be built around you for you to turn up. Replace him with someone who can put a shift in and have the desire to come back from difficult spells.

Fluctuation0161

For me he he has a very good pass in him. His vision is exceptional. He just doesnt work hard enough. He is also not very good at retaining the ball, so he gets caught in possession often.

He excels when he has no defensive responsibility and a strong midfield around him. He is a luxury player in many ways. But in the right team he can also be a match winner.

With us he has been so inconsistent.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I honestly couldn’t care less where he ends up as long as he finally leaves. He is so far away from being anything close to a United legend that he can go to Liverpool for all I care (not that they would want him but still).

Gurtej

He is 29, yes 29…. With his body structure he will lose pace sooner than others …. It’s clear he is already gotten slower since 4 years ago…

Yes he may have one good pass but he has multiple flaws….hopefully club won’t make a mistake to give him a new contract and that too with improved terms… no other club will offer him same or higher wages par PSG…

Foxbatt

This is a huge problem with him. You look at the way he positions his body when he is trying to keep the opponent off. It is wrong and that is one of the reasons why he is so easy to tackle. he tries to dribble and then if he loses possession we are under the cosh. When he gets the ball his team mates are normally in position to receive a pass but because he delays it, the space gets blocked. I cannot see if ETH comes he is going to accept players who do not move the ball when other players are in space. It is best for everyone if he goes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ive never seen a player tested under 3 managers, different systems and different positions, fail to muster considerable consistency in any of them and it still not be his fault according to some sections of the fanbase.

yamo123x

No surprise he goes away on international duty and again slates the club paying 300k plus a week...a player who allows his agent to publicly ridicule the club, a player who has a poor injury record and takes himself off to Dubai to recover. ...a player who wants to win things but cannot put 2 decent performances in back to back.

I once sang his praises, on his day he is our best midfielder but his day happens 3 times a season...

Hope the club withdraw their contract offer.
Can’t wait for him to leave.

m1tch

I get nervous about this guy, I feel like he's gonna sign that contract we offered just to spite us all.

Stadjer

I get nervous about this guy, I feel like he's gonna sign that contract we offered just to spite us all.
I would love to see redcaf that day. Dont think you need to worry one bit though, there is no chance he signs if Manchester United misses the CL. I think he rather signs for less money somewhere else and play CL.

clarkydaz

I would love to see redcaf that day. Dont think you need to worry one bit though, there is no chance he signs if Manchester United misses the CL. I think he rather signs for less money somewhere else and play CL.
Good job, probably be injured or unable to play 90 minutes anyway

wolvored

Yes. I City are the only team to offer him what he wants contract wise, he would go in an heartbeat. Remember who is agent is.