Pogba

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
And if he flatters to deceive again? I suppose it's because his style isn't compatible with RR and he'll surely flourish under the next manager. Rinse, repeat.
Look at his stats for this season so far, top assists for us and second or third in the league and he's not played for the last 6 weeks. Same people were here saying Fred isn’t up to it, same with Dalot, Telles etc under Ole, now with a decent manager they are showing their true potential. And Pogba is levels above those three. Maybe we should just wait and see how he does.

united for life

Nah.
The hate posters show on here for players that have been under coached or been playing under negative managers is ridiculous.

Pogba deserves to be given a chance to see what he can do under RR, I bet he passes (pardon the pun) that test with flying colours
i think Pogba (mainly through his agent) asks for this “hate” - i am using your word here, I do not call it hate, it’s just people’s opinions. Just today Raiola said something about Pogba not joining Bayern as they don’t pay “this kind of salary”. He also keeps going on about Pogba leaving the club. Paul doesn’t help himself either. He flirts with other clubs also. All of this added to Pogba’s inconsistant performance yield to this “hate”. We can sit here and blame all the United managers he worked with, but his attitude/commitment have a lot to do with his shortcomings.

He is not entitled to any improved contract terms in my opinion. As RR said today, there is no need to convince players to stay at the club, we’re manchester united. If a player wants out then go.

TheLord

Pogba and his manager are exactly the type of couple who can derail a well-functioning ship - I’d love him to be shipped off to Pool or City.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Pogba and his manager are exactly the type of couple who can derail a well-functioning ship - I’d love him to be shipped off to Pool or City.
Exactly my thoughts, although I would rather he end up playing for a team outside the EPL.

redshaw

Look at his stats for this season so far, top assists for us and second or third in the league and he's not played for the last 6 weeks. Same people were here saying Fred isn’t up to it, same with Dalot, Telles etc under Ole, now with a decent manager they are showing their true potential. And Pogba is levels above those three. Maybe we should just wait and see how he does.
People keep going about his assists this season but didn't he get them in the first couple of games almost, on the left wing and then played poorly there afterwards? We smashed Leeds and Newcastle if I recall. He moved to the middle again and we saw the same old Pogba getting dispossessed easily and making very bad lunging tackles after losing the ball. Leicester he was very poor.

About the those stats again I remember the commentator saying he doubled his assists for the entirety of last season in the first 2 games, he supposedly had just 3 maybe 4 assists for the whole of last season.

gantherbale

I don't support that deal that much .. in Man Utd he is not what he plays in france or like he was in juve .. I don't see that much hope from him , great player just not for us

Kodi nox

Last edited:

The Bloody-Nine

Nobody instructs Raiola what to do, he’s a law unto himself, always has been.
Complete bullshit. He does what his employers tell him to. That's why they employ him.

Pogba told him to wind his neck in on his last rant, eventually.
Source?

But this is what he does in order to whip up a market and make the most money for himself and his client. Look what he did with Haaland just recently, took him in a tour of Europes top clubs whilst under contract at Dortmund!!
He doesn't attempt to engineer transfers for players who don't want to move.

RUCK4444

Complete bullshit. He does what his employers tell him to. That's why they employ him.

Source?

He doesn't attempt to engineer transfers for players who don't want to move.
Ironic you call somebodies post absolute bullsh*t and follow up with exactly that. If he was then Pogba wouldn’t have had to tell him to wind his neck in when he last opened his mouth against the club.

He’s not Pogba’s mouthpiece, this is how Raiola drums up interest and whips up a market to create opportunities to profit for him and his client.

The United

Pogba should be given a chance under RR maybe considering he is going to leave in 6 months.

But, people thinking he will fit in his system as 10s is stretching it a bit. If RR wants more aggression and intensity from 10s, Pogba in his standard work rate would not do well.

And Imagine holding the ball for 10 seconds inviting all the pressure on him or passing hospital passes to the defenders. RR wants no 10s similar to the ones from City. Pogba at best would be a Grealish type fit in with his system.

The Bloody-Nine

Ironic you call somebodies post absolute bullsh*t and follow up with exactly that. If he was then Pogba wouldn’t have had to tell him to wind his neck in when he last opened his mouth against the club.

He’s not Pogba’s mouthpiece, this is how Raiola drums up interest and whips up a market to create opportunities to profit for him and his client.
I asked you to provide a source for Pogba "telling him to wind his neck in". I'm still waiting.

RUCK4444

I asked you to provide a source for Pogba "telling him to wind his neck in". I'm still waiting.
I’m not here to educate you, do your homework.

When it escalated with Raiola and the club Pogba did an interview and said he’s happy here and it’s widely understood Raiola was told to stop talking about the club.

You act like he’s Pogba’s mouthpiece, he’s not, he could have stopped him sooner but they both benefit from him nonsense, we knew this before we bought him, Raiola does it with every player.

Greck

That new contract still costs less than replacing him. Maybe if VDB had panned out but I'm not confident enough in our midfield's passing or technical abelites to offload even Pogba.

Roane

People keep going about his assists this season but didn't he get them in the first couple of games almost, on the left wing and then played poorly there afterwards? We smashed Leeds and Newcastle if I recall. He moved to the middle again and we saw the same old Pogba getting dispossessed easily and making very bad lunging tackles after losing the ball. Leicester he was very poor.

About the those stats again I remember the commentator saying he doubled his assists for the entirety of last season in the first 2 games, he supposedly had just 3 maybe 4 assists for the whole of last season.

Fun fact

Taking away penalties, Pogba has a higher goals/assist contribution per 90 minutes than Gerrard and Yaya Toure.

I don't know of people rate whoscored but he is flying on there too in international tournaments.

RUCK4444

Fun fact

Taking away penalties, Pogba has a higher goals/assist contribution per 90 minutes than Gerrard and Yaya Toure.

I don't know of people rate whoscored but he is flying on there too in international tournaments.
Fun fact… he’s a world class footballer. It’s known in every corner of the known footballing world except RedCafe :wenger:

Roane

Fun fact… he’s a world class footballer. It’s known in every corner of the known footballing world except RedCafe :wenger:
Never understood why people knock his skillset as such. Sure I get it if you think his fee hasn't been justified etc but you can't knock him with stats.

90 + 5min

Fun fact

For or against us?

He is not good enough. Far from "world star" quality some want him to be. It would be best for everyone that he leaves club.

RUCK4444

Never understood why people knock his skillset as such. Sure I get it if you think his fee hasn't been justified etc but you can't knock him with stats.
He’s held to different standard than the others in the squad, always been an odd situation with how he’s viewed.

Likewise I understand the fan frustration but there is so much we’ve gotten wrong at the club with the squad and management during his time here that we’ve pretty much guaranteed the worst return possible on our investment in him, during that time his numbers have always been good whenever fit.

Roane

He’s held to different standard than the others in the squad, always been an odd situation with how he’s viewed.

Likewise I understand the fan frustration but there is so much we’ve gotten wrong at the club with the squad and management during his time here that we’ve pretty much guaranteed the worst return possible on our investment in him, during that time his numbers have always been good whenever fit.
Yeah I've always said if I was in Pogba situation I would maybe be looking to go. Prime of my career with medals previously and then return to UTD where things have been a mess since SAF.

I think people underestimate the effect of that scene where he was getting stick from the crowd after a match a while back. To memory that was the only time he wanted to leave.

Litch

Real Madrid are a shadow of the club he dreamed of joining. PSG I'm not sure with Messi now there can make the numbers work, that's leaves us. Pogs will stay purely on the basis, no one else can pay the money, even without the transfer fee....l

Siezard

Pogba needs to learn from Sergio Romero's case. Not many clubs can pay for what he wants.

Romero left and probably earn much less and has little news now in a relegation threatened club. He managed to drag them out of relegation zone though.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Lindelof Fred Telles Dalot were all deemed rubbish and not United quality by some, yet after three games under this coach they have suddenly become good players wonder how why that is (maybe just maybe a decent coach has made a difference)

Pogba is the best midfielder at the club and by some distance, yet we should let him leave on a free, and then probably have to spend some 70-100m to replace him.

No other clubs fans are as toxic towards their own players as is shown in the threads on the Caf. Go figure.

KingCavani

As it was with Rashford a few months ago, the best United player is always the unavailable one.

:lol:

The United

Lindelof Fred Telles Dalot were all deemed rubbish and not United quality by some, yet after three games under this coach they have suddenly become good players wonder how why that is (maybe just maybe a decent coach has made a difference)

Pogba is the best midfielder at the club and by some distance, yet we should let him leave on a free, and then probably have to spend some 70-100m to replace him.

No other clubs fans are as toxic towards their own players as is shown in the threads on the Caf. Go figure.
Yup, let's get behind Pogba for 6 more months!

unclefredo

Not a Pogba fan at all to be fair. However, I would be happy to give him the chance to extend his time here but it has to be in January.

I think even the most ardent fan would have to agree, he's not exactly deserved a raise in wage. We've apparently offered him a deal which is still on the table and is still great money for him.

If he doesn't sign by the end of the transfer window, we should issue a statement that he will be leaving in the summer and pull the offer. We are clearly his "safety" and in terms of succession planning, the next manager needs to have this situation resolved one way or the other.

To be honest, I kinda get it from Pogba - we're a bit of a shambles and he's right to assess his options. Likewise, like Ralf said, if you don't want to commit, you can basically f*ck off.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia

It’s very odd. His actual performances good/bad are largely irrelevant because the narrative was set so early. He hasn’t justified his fee, he hasn’t been anything like incredible but he’s been one of our best players in his time back at the club if you look through the performances season upon season individually.
He’s also come back from injuries early, started a season without a pre season after the World Cup to help us out, helped new players like Bruno to settle in and played a part in helping us sign new players. He’s known to be the first to volunteer for foundation duties and the last to leave. Doesn’t drink, doesn’t party and through the season basically plays football and goes home. Yet is viewed as some media whore bizarrely.
To me it’s absolutely crazy how he is viewed by the masses, his agent hasn’t helped in that regard Pogba hasn’t helped himself either but then he was never really welcomed back by the hardcore, who then want to pin the blame on the player. You can’t eat your cake and have it too.

You’d think, as record fees go, Pogba had been a Mata level flop. Yet Mata is viewed really favourably. It’s pathetic really, I wish people would stick to performances on the pitch rather than thinking they ‘know’ the person when assessing performances.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I’d be gutted if we gave him a new contract. Both Pogba and the club needs a change, it’s not worked out and both parties need to move on and in a different direction.

We’ll regret it if we agree a contract extension.

Bestietom

Pogba, lingard, Jones need to go asap

In summer we also lose Matic, Mata

We then need 2 quality midfielders & a defender and we should be stronger as we have enough up front although Haaland would be nice
I agree we need 2 quality Midfielders and a Defender but we also need a forward as none of the 4 showed up again yesterday.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Although he is probably leaving, you can clearly see the team lacks quality from the middle when he doesn’t play. He’s been inconsistent but he’a still our best midfielder by a fair distance. Just a shame it hasn’t worked out for him here. If he goes we definitely need some quality in there to replace him because we’re absolutely lacking in that department.

kthanksbye

Are people really comparing Pogba to Mata now?
It's not just one thing with him, I've said this earlier in this thread, his skill-set is never in question, his concentration and attention span is and it has nothing to do with what kind of person he is, his social media presence, his lifestyle, his celebrations, everything is irrelevant, he's just not a top player or a player who does justice with his own talent.
He's a perfect player for short international tournaments where there's instant reward, which keeps him motivated, and even in those tournaments he keeps losing focus in games. Don't think he's the kind of player who keeps turning up every week with solid performances.
Very poor straw-manning done here by people, no one expects him to win us every game (although given his wages he should be winning us more games than he has). Then throw in the fact that he has time and again been unable to keep his twat of an agent piped down.
Ole has handled this situation really poorly, he should've been isolated from the squad till he signed the contract.
Anyway, we won't miss him, his brilliance was needed in a tactically struggling team, which we rarely got to see, in a functional outfit, losing him won't matter much.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Although he is probably leaving, you can clearly see the team lacks quality from the middle when he doesn’t play. He’s been inconsistent but he’a still our best midfielder by a fair distance. Just a shame it hasn’t worked out for him here. If he goes we definitely need some quality in there to replace him because we’re absolutely lacking in that department.
He wouldn't get into that team ahead of Fred or McTominay based on their last performances in this system that's for sure.
I would play Pogba ahead of Bruno, but I'd play Lingard and van de Beek ahead of Bruno too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Look at his stats for this season so far, top assists for us and second or third in the league and he's not played for the last 6 weeks.
All his assists came in the first four games of the season. Those games also account for half his shots on target this season. After said four, he featured in nine games without producing anything of note (in terms of tangible contributions) before getting injured.

RUCK4444

It’s very odd. His actual performances good/bad are largely irrelevant because the narrative was set so early. He hasn’t justified his fee, he hasn’t been anything like incredible but he’s been one of our best players in his time back at the club if you look through the performances season upon season individually.
He’s also come back from injuries early, started a season without a pre season after the World Cup to help us out, helped new players like Bruno to settle in and played a part in helping us sign new players. He’s known to be the first to volunteer for foundation duties and the last to leave. Doesn’t drink, doesn’t party and through the season basically plays football and goes home. Yet is viewed as some media whore bizarrely.
To me it’s absolutely crazy how he is viewed by the masses, his agent hasn’t helped in that regard Pogba hasn’t helped himself either but then he was never really welcomed back by the hardcore, who then want to pin the blame on the player. You can’t eat your cake and have it too.

You’d think, as record fees go, Pogba had been a Mata level flop. Yet Mata is viewed really favourably. It’s pathetic really, I wish people would stick to performances on the pitch rather than thinking they ‘know’ the person when assessing performances.
Yeah my thoughts exactly, especially the bolded.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It won’t be a popular opinion, but we massively miss Pogba’s creativity. He may be a lazy bastard, but he’s more creative than any other player we have.