Pogba

Idxomer

He said nothing wrong, it's better than leaking stuff and not coming forward with what he really thinks like a lot of other players.

It's also pretty much a fact he has wasted a significant part of his career with United.

It’s interesting he hasn’t announced a new club yet. To me that can only mean nobody is offering him the big contract that he thought he could get. He has just missed so many games for Man Utd. Clubs are scared that he’s going to always be on the injury table.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He wont be our issue in a few weeks so he can really say what he wants.
Be interesting to see who'll go for him though.

Apokalips

Not sure what he has said that is wrong, to be honest. We have all been disappointed with how much the past 5 years have been wasted and have been very vocal about it.

Pogba has always been open about his frustrations and 9/10 they match the same frustrations that we have. I think it is clear he came back because he loves the club and had a romantic side that wanted to come back and win trophies. I also think Ronaldo has that romanticism in him too, but our supporters are so downtrodden that we refuse to believe any player cares or wants to join us, etc.

In the day and age of 'mercenaries', it should be good that feels this way and I hope all of our players feel this way and do all that they can to turn things around (those that are deemed worthy of staying, of course)

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The problem is, he comes out and says it like he is totally blameless. He is not winning, he is constantly moved around, he has wasted time.

I think it’s United that can feel aggrieved to have wasted many resources on such an inconsistent star player.

He was only moved around because he wasn’t playing consistently well anywhere he was started.

We haven’t won anything because the star players with handsome wages don’t step up and do what star players are supposed to do.

Bruno came in, and for 18 months, showed him exactly how it was done. Ronaldo, despite his critics, is our top scorer at 37 years old in a poor side.

We have had 5 years of whining and complaining from an overpaid, underperforming star, who prefers to flirt with other clubs and run his mouth than show his quality on the pitch.

There is no self-awareness and no responsibility, which characterizes the feeling among all of our “stars”. It’s always someone else’s fault.

The best thing we can do for a Ten Hag is to make sure that players like Pogba aren’t here when he comes to undermine whatever it is he wants to do.

If the last 5 years have been a waste, the biggest culprit is Paul Pogba. Truly great players on those wages, get things done. 5 years of investment and still no position. Still more bad games than good ones. That is on him and he needs to take some responsibility for it.

wolvored

I think he will end up leaving on less than he gets here as I cant see anyone paying him what he thinks hes worth. He has pushed himself into a corner and will have to leave to save face. I also wished utd would announce there is no longer a contract on the table

flameinthesun

The problem is, he comes out and says it like he is totally blameless. He is not winning, he is constantly moved around, he has wasted time.

I think it’s United that can feel aggrieved to have wasted many resources on such an inconsistent star player.

He was only moved around because he wasn’t playing consistently well anywhere he was started.

We haven’t won anything because the star players with handsome wages don’t step up and do what star players are supposed to do.

Bruno came in, and for 18 months, showed him exactly how it was done. Ronaldo, despite his critics, is our top scorer at 37 years old in a poor side.

We have had 5 years of whining and complaining from an overpaid, underperforming star, who prefers to flirt with other clubs and run his mouth than show his quality on the pitch.

There is no self-awareness and no responsibility, which characterizes the feeling among all of our “stars”. It’s always someone else’s fault.

The best thing we can do for a Ten Hag is to make sure that players like Pogba aren’t here when he comes to undermine whatever it is he wants to do.

If the last 5 years have been a waste, the biggest culprit is Paul Pogba. Truly great players on those wages, get things done. 5 years of investment and still no position. Still more bad games than good ones. That is on him and he needs to take some responsibility for it.
I agree that its best for Paul to leave, but do you think if Paul was playing his best football week in week out we would have won things? with mcfred next to him etc. Bruno performed great for a year and couldn't drag this team to trophies, I sincerely doubt pogba could (although he actually has won trophies with us).

The truth with Pogba lies in a few different areas, of which he has some of the blame.

But the genesis of this is buying pogba who played in a 3 with less defensive work and sticking him in a 2 man midfield, then proceeding to surround him with a mish mash of different styles of players, often far inferior to what he had at juve and expecting him to perform at his best consistently. Pogba is at fault for how he has handled his agent and for allowing his base level to drop so low some times.

Its not controversial to say that both pogba and united are to blame for how it has turned out, and its best for both parties that he moves on.

Having said that, he makes some good points in his comments.

Longshanks

The last 5 years haven't satisfied me either, the problem is as a fan I can't make much of a difference. The irony of saying something like that when over that time you were one of the highest paid senior players at the club one of our so called World class players and regularly put in trash performances and played consistently well for about 2months in his whole time here.

The lack of self awareness is astounding. He will not be missed, good bye Paul don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I agree that its best for Paul to leave, but do you think if Paul was playing his best football week in week out we would have won things? with mcfred next to him etc. Bruno performed great for a year and couldn't drag this team to trophies, I sincerely doubt pogba could (although he actually has won trophies with us).

The truth with Pogba lies in a few different areas, of which he has some of the blame.

But the genesis of this is buying pogba who played in a 3 with less defensive work and sticking him in a 2 man midfield, then proceeding to surround him with a mish mash of different styles of players, often far inferior to what he had at juve and expecting him to perform at his best consistently. Pogba is at fault for how he has handled his agent and for allowing his base level to drop so low some times.

Its not controversial to say that both pogba and united are to blame for how it has turned out, and its best for both parties that he moves on.

Having said that, he makes some good points in his comments.
I am not saying it is all his fault, far from it, but as a senior member of the squad, he should be leading by example. He should be one of the bright lights in the squad, and he hasn’t been.

It’s my position, it’s the players round me, it’s my fitness. There is always an excuse and always a reason why it is United doing him a disservice.

He has to take responsibility for his poor performances. He also has to take responsibility for constantly undermining the club in the media like he is doing here.

Him, or his attitude, aren’t what we need right now. If he has wasted 5 years, he is to blame. I think it can be just as easily argued that the club have wasted 5 years in him.

lex talionis

Pogba is free to feel frustrated, but his frustration is no excuse for his poor performances on the pitch. I’d love to see a committed Pogba stay at OT but an uncommitted Pogba has been one of our problems since he returned. Au revoir.

cyberman

We have played him in every fecking role and he has failed in every single one. I guess playing in a star studded side that outmatches 99 percent of the opposition isn’t a great indicator as to how he can play in a competitive EPL?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Surely the 2 premier league clubs are city and Liverpool? Don’t see him going to another prem team, he’s had his heart set on Madrid/ psg for a long long time.

Butty19

Pogba is a player you buy when you’re already at the top. He’d be a great signing for Liverpool or City because everything is already in place. Our problem is we’ve tried to build a team around a player who’s inconsistent, injured a lot and lacks character when up against it. He’s the cherry, on the icing, on the cake and we’re still baking our sponge.

Last edited:

wolvored

Surely the 2 premier league clubs are city and Liverpool? Don’t see him going to another prem team, he’s had his heart set on Madrid/ psg for a long long time.
Arsenal. Said he was a fan growing up.

Brophs

The One and Only
His ability to paint himself as a bystander to events which he himself was central to and played a part in bringing about, is extraordinary. Mourinho-esque.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
His ability to paint himself as a bystander to events which he himself was central to and played a part in bringing about, is extraordinary. Mourinho-esque.
It isn't actually. He ends up bringing the blame upon himself and most fans lambast him.

Whenever I see his name mentioned on social media platforms, most fans see him as an overrated freestyler with a bad attitude. Him having more haircuts than goals is always a big meme.

He's a PR disaster. Can't even deflect properly. He just invites more criticism from pundits and fans alike. Comes across as painfully dumb.

In Mourinho's case, he actually used to deflect the topic well and put pressure on other parties. Jose is still very popular because of his "witty" comments and "entertaining" behaviour. People actually love his arrogance.

DSG

Paul Pogba is a microcosm of everything that is wrong with this club, all flash and no substance. Tired of his inconsistency, his social media posts, his agent, watching him lazily stroll back after getting dispossessed.

Withnail

Pogba talking about United on international duty? Check.

Totally open to the Paris move and is visibly sick and tired of United. Astonishes me how some fans are still fully behind this clown. Many other big clubs' fans would have booed him at their stadiums.
You're probably sick and tired of United too, aren't you?

RVN1991

Totally open to the Paris move and is visibly sick and tired of United. Astonishes me how some fans are still fully behind this clown. Many other big clubs' fans would have booed him at their stadiums.
I want him out but don't feel there's not much wrong with what he said. PSG is perfect for him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Feck that, we need him gone. Next manager doesn't need Pogba and his agent constantly whinging and angling for a move. He had his chance to sign a new contract, let him be someone else's problem now. We've had him 6 years, it hasn't worked out, time for him to go.

soapythecat

Honestly can’t wait until he’s gone. I’m sick of seeing him in a United shirt. Biggest disappointment I can remember for a long time, given how much he cost.
I know his next contract will by eye watering but I just don’t see how a club can justify paying him what he will want, let alone the stupid contract United gave him. A luxury player for a fully functioning side.

Gandalf

I would have thought Spurs and Newcastle personally. I doubt City or Liverpool would see a place for him in their systems but Newcastle want a statement signing to announce their arrival and they can essentially offer him anything Raiola can dream of whilst with Spurs there is the obvious Conte link and you know that if Conte is going to stay he is going to push Levy to open up the purse strings and sign him some superstars and with Pogba out of contract Levy might be willing to bend on the wage structure.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I'm guessing that one of the PL clubs is Newcastle - not that he would realistically go there.

Raiola will use their salary/sign-on proposal for bargaining with other clubs (PSG, Real, etc)

E-mal

Him leaving our club will be a major positive in the summer. We need level headed 7/10 every week players to make any meaningful progress.
I hope he leaves as soon as possible.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Free transfer to Chelsea??

Say what you want but Kante and Pogba is a world cup winning midfield combo. I don't think he stays in the EPL but I have a sneaky feeling Chelsea is one of the two Premier League teams interested.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I would have thought Spurs and Newcastle personally. I doubt City or Liverpool would see a place for him in their systems but Newcastle want a statement signing to announce their arrival and they can essentially offer him anything Raiola can dream of whilst with Spurs there is the obvious Conte link and you know that if Conte is going to stay he is going to push Levy to open up the purse strings and sign him some superstars and with Pogba out of contract Levy might be willing to bend on the wage structure.
Ye, good shout actually forgot about them 2. He defo won’t fit in Liverpool’s high press system, I was just guessing the 2 teams he’d probably consider joining, don’t think he’ll fancy Newcastle unless money talks. I think spurs will have to finish top 4 to have a chance of getting him. My prediction would be him joining psg or maybe Madrid.

choccy77

Pogba always talks about United and in a negative way, when he is on international duty.

It's his little pleasure in life

Gandalf

Ye, good shout actually forgot about them 2. He defo won’t fit in Liverpool’s high press system, I was just guessing the 2 teams he’d probably consider joining, don’t think he’ll fancy Newcastle unless money talks. I think spurs will have to finish top 4 to have a chance of getting him. My prediction would be him joining psg or maybe Madrid.
I am leaning towards PSG for him, I think with Madrid that ship has sailed with Zidane no longer there and they will almost certainly be looking to go younger like Barcelona although they might like the idea of pairing him with Mbappe so who knows. I doubt he would seriously entertain another PL club but Mino will be more than happy to use the likes of Newcastle to drive up his contract if he can.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Knowing Sky, Man Utd is one of the two Premier League clubs mentioned in their story.

Pep won't deal with his agent.
Liverpool won't pay his wages.
Chelsea can't sign anyone.

Todd

I understand the frustrations with his injury record and some of the attitude problems, but I don't think enough of you appreciate how good Pogba is, and how worse off we will be without him. He is our best player on the ball and he's capable of playing a brilliant ball more than anyone else, even Bruno.

Given that I have no faith that the club are going to spend the money to bring in the 5 or so players we desperately need to become a contender, losing Pogba is going to leave us worse off than we are now.

90 + 5min

Never understood why he gets and got this much attention. Average player. Have been and still is. Usually brilliant in 1 of 10 games and have some moments of couple of good games in row but so could players like Kleberson and Bellion. It will be best for everyone when he leaves.
Now people will say look at France or Juventus. Well, not hard to be passanger in those teams. When it comes to be a star of a team it just falls apart. In some way shame, because he came through our academy.

DickDastardly

Who the feck would want to sign this character?

Even if it is for free.

Who the feck even needs him? What does he even offer?

Newcastle maybe? Would he go there?

Feck him. One problem off our hands at least.

Hughie77

Basically he's blaming the managers who don't play him in the same role as his French manager. Have a guess Paul it's not France you play for its Man Utd, and you play where the manager puts you, YOU adapt to the team not the other way round.
He's coming out with this now because he knows he's off, and good riddance, it's been years of a few good games then back to normal. Weak in the tackle weak in possession slow play down. Then give a worldie pass , is that enough for you in 90mins.
A few weeks ago he had a storming game back from injury, and I wrote that's the Pogba I want to keep. But we didn't see enough of it. Goodbye and good riddance.