Pogba's contract offer

The Dane

Even if ETH should manage to get the best out of Pogba, he will still have his occasional injury spells which makes it difficult to build anything around him. Get rid and move on.

captaincantona

His fitness record alone should mean we don’t pay him mad money. Imagine buying a really expensive car that only works for half the year...you wouldn’t. You would look for a discount. His injury record is terrible.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
So if this true, its sends a clear message to the rest of our "stars" that all you have to do to get a 30% payrise is to continuously disrespect the club, have family members come out saying how much you want to leave, be injured for 50% of your time here and play well in about 10-20% of the games that you do play.

What's going to stop Rashford waiting until next year to negotiate his contract having had 3 awful/barely classed as a footballer seasons and getting a huge bump? Because that's exactly what we'd be saying to every player and agent in this squad, and other looking to join.

Please don't be true...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
There's no such thing as consistent in International football though. Its a set up where players can reset and go on patches of good form. The max stretch is what, 8 ish games if they go all the way? That suits Pogba to the top, who is a very patchy player.
He was pretty consistent as a 19-22 year old at Juventus as well if that helps you out at all.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He was pretty consistent as a 19-22 year old at Juventus as well if that helps you out at all.
It doesn't. Juve were walking the league by miles then and it wasnt at a standard relevant to the PL. Moreover I think he had patchy periods there too, I recall Juve fans being critical at times.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
I’m curious. Does a player ever lose their marketability by virtue of being a poor performer on the pitch?

Pogba’s commercial stock has continued to rise despite his horrendous performances. Seems marketability and on field performances are mutually exclusive

wolvored

Paper talk, or whatever you call it, His fat greedy agent has told PSG or whoever is interested, UTD have offered him ex amount to stay, so you will have to pay ex amount more.
Pogbas off that I'm pretty certain, if UTD give this guy new deal there all fecking mad there.
Maybe you are onto something there. This supposed new offer could have been leaked by raiolas minions as a club leak to get other clubs to raise their offers.

Elcabron

If this news is true and ETH sees him as part of his rebuild, then we have hired the wrong manager.

There is no way Pogba would make it into Pep or Klopps teams. Pep immediately sideline Yaya Toure when he took over at city and he was a much better player than Pogba.

I don't believe ETH sees him as part of his side however as he likes to play fast, high tempo football where the whole team works hard, Pogba is not suited to any of that. The reason Pogba excels at international football is because it is a much slower game and suits his style of play. Same reason why he also did so well at Juve.

Laurencio

I’m curious. Does a player ever lose their marketability by virtue of being a poor performer on the pitch?

Pogba’s commercial stock has continued to rise despite his horrendous performances. Seems marketability and on field performances are mutually exclusive
I believe this is the core principle Manchester United is run on.

mctrials23

My logic which is usually right, says no way he gets a contract at United.

You can hold me to that.
Logically if the club keeps making illogical decisions (which they have for years) then speaking logically they will continue to make illogical decisions like giving Pogba a new contract. For the record I think that he will be let go/sign with someone else at the end of the season but i'm only about 80% confident in that.

Heinzesight

I just pray this guy never plays for us again.It’s taken a while but it seems the majority of our fanbase has finally realised what a lot of us have been saying for over three years. To think there were people on here claiming he was our ‘most efficient player’ just a month or so ago:lol:…efficient at being bang average in this league.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Honestly Pogba has been so sh!te that an average midfielder could do what he's done for us for half the money.
I can agree with that. Wijnaldum was elevated to a high football level and did it for Liverpool, United with their worldwide scouting range should be more than capable of finding someone.

Tbh It should be done when Scholes retired and we had a chance to fight for seriously great midfielders like Kroos or Gundogan. We're still waiting to this day for a killer midfield with a tooth.

Fridge chutney

Hahahhahaa I like it how you winding up people on here ...keep going
I genuinely think that we can go places with the right coaching. And someone who can get Pogba firing on all cylinders will see the benefit. Losing our best players will not take us in the right direction. Unless Ten Hag wants him gone, in which case i would support that decision. But i don't think that's the case.

hobbers

I genuinely think that we can go places with the right coaching. And someone who can get Pogba firing on all cylinders will see the benefit. Losing our best players will not take us in the right direction. Unless Ten Hag wants him gone, in which case i would support that decision. But i don't think that's the case.
Anyone with even a fraction of a brain would want Pogba gone at this point.

Fridge chutney

Anyone with even a fraction of a brain would want Pogba gone at this point.
Someone doesn't agree with me so therefore they are stupid.

Edit: i would support him leaving if that's what the manager wants. I would also support him staying if that's what the manager wants.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
He’s one of our worst ever signings.

hobbers

Someone doesn't agree with me so therefore they are stupid.

Edit: i would support him leaving if that's what the manager wants. I would also support him staying if that's what the manager wants.
I mean any manager taking over at the club who wanted to keep Pogba at this stage, knowing what we know about his injury record and performances over the last 5 years, and factoring in the disgusting wages it would take to keep him, would have to be stupid. There'd be no other explanation.

If ETH wanted to keep Pogba then ETH is a shit manager.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Hello Edward.

OmarUnited4ever

I totally disagree.

Pogba is certainly a quality player, extremely talented, if we had a quality coach in 2016, who might have built a quality squad where Pogba can be a part of such quality squad then we would have seen the best of Pogba probably, but now I think it's best if Pogba leaves and we get a hungry new player.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'd worry about ETHs judgment if he wants Pogba to stay. Manchester United and the PL right now are a bad fit for Pogba

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'd worry about ETHs judgment if he wants Pogba to stay. Manchester United and the PL right now are a bad fit for Pogba
Manchester United has been a bad fit but I don't think that it extends to the PL. My worry is about his injuries, I don't know if he is worth it.

Corridor of Uncertainty

He's already missed 27 games this season.

On what planet does this guy deserve a bigger contract? For my own sanity, I have to give Arnold, Murtough & co some credit that they're not this thick.

RedDevil@84

Manchester United has been a bad fit but I don't think that it extends to the PL. My worry is about his injuries, I don't know if he is worth it.
I think it extends to PL. He would do well in a less physical league and where game is slower. Maybe his injuries also may come down.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think it extends to PL. He would do well in a less physical league and where game is slower. Maybe his injuries also may come down.
It doesn't, whether people want rewrite history or not Pogba has been one of our best performers since 2016, if the frankly stupid idea that it extends to the PL then all our players aren't adapted to the PL which is again stupid idea. Outside of injuries which include broken bones and torn ligaments, Pogba has been "victim" of the same issue that the rest of the team faced, a lack of coherence when it comes to team building and a lack of quality when it comes to coaching.

Withnail

I think Rangnick's influence has waned along with the results. He said when he came into the role he would have a say on who the next manager was and he may even recommend himself for another year (or until Enrique is available I believe), and he also said he would move upstairs for 2 years as a consultant.

Now he's saying he's just being kept in the loop regarding managerial interviews and the consultancy role is becoming a "we'll call you if we've got any questions outside of the first team" gig instead.

I don't think it's any coincidence that it's come to this after how shit this season has gone.
It's not a coincidence but it's a bit stupid to lose faith in someone's ability to advise you on how to run the club in a proper manner based on their inability to get a tune of a bunch of overpaid primadonnas in your first team.

the hea

If Pogba has the tactical knowledge and motivation I belive he would fit in very well to the role Gravenberch has in his current Ajax setup. One of the CMs in a 4-2-3-1 that moves up the pitch next to the 10 when in position.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Facing a player revolt :lol:

I don't want him to stay but I am also okay in him staying back but the players revolting because Pogba got a new contract is as laughable as it can get. Bunch of overrated overpaid duds.

redmanx

If Ten Hag really does want him, and has a plan to use him properly, I wouldn't be completely against it so long as he re-signed on a wage equal to or lower than his current one.

Agreeing to a higher wage in spite of his performances over the last few years would be a terrible message to send, and would suggest the club has learned nothing at all from the last decade.

I was also really looking forward to having Raiola removed from the club once and for all. It would need to be a great bloody plan to make keeping him around worth it.
I really hope Ten Hag isnt influenced by all the "what ifs" surrounding Pogba, its been "what if" for 5 years with Pogba being tried in different positions, in different formations, with different players, with different players in different positions, with different players in different positions in different formations, left, right, forward, centre, rear, the only position and area where he hasnt been tried is in goal! Nothing tried by 3 different managers has worked....but there are still those who say its not Pogbas fault! Give me strength! No more bloody "what ifs" concerning Paul bloody Pogba, you cannot fit a square peg into a round hole! Let him go and be done with it!

RedDevil@84

No way he renews his contract if we end up 6th or 7th in the league. He'll be 30 years old next season, doubt he'll want to spend more time playing in Europe Conference League with Man United.
Play in Europa with United for 450k pw? Or play in CL with PSG for 250k pw?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
We will never get a penny for him whether it’s this summer or when a new contract ends. It’s done. The club lost this one. All it can do is not continue to lose more money and stink the dressing room out over it.

el3mel

Play in Europa with United for 450k pw? Or play in CL with PSG for 250k pw?
At this stage of his career I doubt what he needs is just more money. He has ton of it. He'll want more trophies under his name. He's 30. He can make even more money before retiring by playing in MLS or whatever.

RedDevil@84

At this stage of his career I doubt what he needs is just more money. He has ton of it. He'll want more trophies under his name. He's 30. He can make even more money before retiring by playing in MLS or whatever.
I hope you are right.