Pogba's says his future is at United and has many years on contract

el3mel

I wish we had never left him go originally. As for his present troubles, the team system doesn't suit him. I'd bet Sir Alex would have been able to slot the Paul Pogba of now into the United team with max efficiency.

He's world class and exciting but psychologically playing for United under Mourinho seems to have done some damage.
We didn't. He was the one who left. Fergie even sent Evra to persuade him to stay.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Pogba on twitter a couple of hours ago:

"Good National Team Break, looking forward to the next one"

Sorry I can't link it yet since I don't have permission but you can see it on his Twitter feed. It gets more embarrassing from him every day.
Why is Pogba treated so differently from other footballers? If Lingard or Rashford had tweeted this about England, would you worry that means they hate Utd? If Kane said it would Spurs fans worry? no it is perfectly natural to be excited about playing for your country, I don't get why this is interpreted as him thinking playing for you lot is rubbish. You're doing the Mail and the Sun's job for them!!

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Why is Pogba treated so differently from other footballers? If Lingard or Rashford had tweeted this about England, would you worry that means they hate Utd? If Kane said it would Spurs fans worry? no it is perfectly natural to be excited about playing for your country, I don't get why this is interpreted as him thinking playing for you lot is rubbish. You're doing the Mail and the Sun's job for them!!
Well you add it with everything else and get tired of the circus in the end.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Well you add it with everything else and get tired of the circus in the end.
I understand disliking the circus, but in the case of this tweet, I think people are looking for problems and issues where none exist.

It's also worth bearing in mind that much of the circus is hyped massively by the press.

The Cat

I understand disliking the circus, but in the case of this tweet, I think people are looking for problems and issues where none exist.

It's also worth bearing in mind that much of the circus is hyped massively by the press.
And who feeds them?

Rusholme Ruffian

You are taking this one tweet and isolating it from everything that has been said before. Of course, if you showed it to someone who had lived on the moon for the last 12 months they would see absolutely nothing wrong with it - but it has to be viewed in context. Also, Pogba is an exceptionally media-savvy guy - he knows exactly how this can be read and spun by the press. All it does is sow seeds of doubt, discontent and disharmony.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
And who feeds them?
They are in the business of making up quotes or purposely miss-representing them. What feeds them is the people that believe their crap

The Cat

They are in the business of making up quotes or purposely miss-representing them. What feeds them is the people that believe their crap
There have been way to many interviews that are publicly available to watch that cannot be ignored - he and his agent are feeding the frenzy there is no doubt about it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
There have been way to many interviews that are publicly available to watch that cannot be ignored - he and his agent are feeding the frenzy there is no doubt about it.
Interviews where he doesn't say anything special.

JPRouve

Scout
If you want to bury your head in the sand crack on.
That's a little bit easy, this thread is based on two interviews where journalists made up quotes and forgot to mention the questions.

el3mel

Not sure how can anyone disagrees about him feeding the media. Has been giving several interviews and quotes about his future in one month of the season, refused to deny or confirm rumors and chose the "I'm here at the moment, let's see what will happen in the future" approach.

I have seen enough transfers sagas to know how this will go on with such non proving, non denying quotes.

RedFish

Well I don't give a shit what the papers say or don't say. He's our player and apart from being a bit of a show pony, this shit has got way out of hand. It's like some kind of football hypochondriasis.

Ether

Why is Pogba treated so differently from other footballers? If Lingard or Rashford had tweeted this about England, would you worry that means they hate Utd? If Kane said it would Spurs fans worry?
Lingard, Rashford and Kane weren't allegedly looking to leave in the summer. I don't think it means anything special but when you've been in the news the way Pogba has been this summer, everything you say will be scrutinized; especially in his case due to his enormous social media reach.

Pogba is very aware of what's said about him in the media, it would be incredibly easy for him to release a statement underlying his commitment to United and put an end to the speculation. He chooses not to because the ambiguity surrounding his future suits him, as it leaves the door open for a move and also gives him leverage with the club if they really do have to choose between him and Jose.

Reactions: Penna

Cassidy

Not sure how can anyone disagrees about him feeding the media. Has been giving several interviews and quotes about his future in one month of the season, refused to deny or confirm rumors and chose the "I'm here at the moment, let's see what will happen in the future" approach.

I have seen enough transfers sagas to know how this will go on with such non proving, non denying quotes.
Except he didn't, I don't think he has been innocent, but when people keep banging on about something which is inaccurate its annoying. Just read the thread title, thats what he said.

JPRouve

Scout
Well I don't give a shit what the papers say or don't say. He's our player and apart from being a bit of a show pony, this shit has got way out of hand. It's like some kind of football hypochondriasis.
That's how I feel, people are creating there own little nightmare by over analyzing every little things, we are now at a point where his twitter feed is analysed. Using different arguments people did the same thing about De Gea for a couple of years, for him it was his silence that was supposed to be ominous.

el3mel

Except he didn't, I don't think he has been innocent, but when people keep banging on about something which is inaccurate its annoying. Just read the thread title, thats what he said.
No it's exactly what he has been pointing at. He didn't give any surreal response about his future here. He said he's under contract here currently. That neither proves nor denies any thing. He left the rumors hanging and on purpose.

Could have said " I want to be here. I want to stay here for years and I'm not thinking about leaving. No issues with te coach as we both want to win and share same goals".

Thus any rumors about his future, the media will be the only ones to blame as the player said it clearly he's here to stay.

Instead he decided to keep the rumors going on and in all his quotes he was escaping the question with vague answers that neither prove nor deny anything either. He's leaving the door open for the media to write what they want, somat this point it ceases to be the media problem only.

JPRouve

Scout
And the question wasn't about his future at United but his future with Mourinho.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's how I feel, people are creating there own little nightmare by over analyzing every little things, we are now at a point where his twitter feed is analysed. Using different arguments people did the same thing about De Gea for a couple of years, for him it was his silence that was supposed to be ominous.
It's funny TBH, analysing his Twitter, taking his quotes in isolation ignoring the questions asked and then getting worked up over everything and somehow rewriting his complete career performance.

JPRouve

Scout
No it's exactly what he has been pointing at. He didn't give any surreal response about his future here. He said he's under contract here currently. That neither proves nor denies any thing. He left the rumors hanging and on purpose.

Could have said " I want to be here. I want to stay here for years and I'm not thinking about leaving. No issues with te coach as we both want to win and share same goals".

Thus any rumors about his future, the media will be the only ones to blame as the player said it clearly he's here to stay.

Instead he decided to keep the rumors going on and in all his quotes he was escaping the question with vague answers that neither prove nor deny anything either. He's leaving the door open for the media to write what they want, somat this point it ceases to be the media problem only.
He actually said the bold part.

Cassidy

Did you even bother to check what he said before you got angry?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
And the question wasn't about his future at United but his future with Mourinho.
So it's gone from his future with the club, to how the team will be developing, to his future with Mourinho...

If there was a competition between Caf Posters and the media for being inconsistent, it would be neck and neck

JPRouve

Scout
So it's gone from his future with the club, to how the team will be developing, to his future with Mourinho...

If there was a competition between Caf Posters and the media for being inconsistent, it would be neck and neck
I don't think that I have said the first two and I'm pretty sure that I already said that the question was linking Mourinho and Pogba's future. The question was about whether he imagines his future with Mourinho.

.Rossi

I don't think that I have said the first two and I'm pretty sure that I already said that the question was linking Mourinho and Pogba's future. The question was about whether he imagines his future with Mourinho.
"We'll see in a few months"

So therefore, he's still bringing his future, and Mourinho's future now, into question.

So it's just as bad as originally stated!

Why the defence?

*I know you didn't state the first two but, others have*

Cassidy

So therefore, he's still bringing his future, and Mourinho's future now, into question.

Why the defence?

FFS he didn't say that

This thread is a mess, with people just repeating lies over and over again, its not going to make it true just because you repeat it

Nikelesh Reddy

This has been rebuked for days now that his recent interview doesn't suggest that at all. It's really incredible that the press is still running with completely false quotes to this day, just read another article today quoting him falsely about seeing his future in a few months.

Yeah, the guy who craps on United whenever he has an embarrassing loss and hasn't bothered to buy a place and been living out of an hotel for the last three years has more loyalty (whatever the heck that means in today's football) than a guy who spent some of his most important formative years at United and decided to come back when he had plenty of other options. Sure.
Yeah,Pogbas been incredibly loyal to the club....Just look at the way he walked out when he was 19....Just look at the way he’s using his agent now to engineer a move away from the club.And for the record,Pogba did not have “plenty of options” when he decided to leave Italy.Barcelona were not interested in signing him because Luis Enrique thought that he wouldn’t suit their style of play...Zidane wanted to sign him for Real but Florentino Perez overruled Zidane and made it clear that the club wouldn’t pay 80 million for him...

None of the major English clubs tried to sign him and even PSG weren’t interested.So I”m really curious to know what options did he have other than United in 2016....

Nikelesh Reddy

Exactly.Some supporters still want to blame the press,when its Pogba and his agent who are feeding these rumours to the press...

JPRouve

Scout

Why the defence?

He didn't say the quote that you are mentioning though.

Rusholme Ruffian

FFS he didn't say that

This thread is a mess, with people just repeating lies over and over again, its not going to make it true just because you repeat it
Is it a lie that Pogba said the following just after captaining United to victory over Leicester in the first game of the season?

“You have to know one thing: a player that gets chosen and is happy, you always feel more comfortable than when he’s not happy. That’s all I say.”

“There are things that I cannot say otherwise I will get fined.”

Cassidy

Is it a lie that Pogba said the following just after captaining United to victory over Leicester in the first game of the season?

“You have to know one thing: a player that gets chosen and is happy, you always feel more comfortable than when he’s not happy. That’s all I say.”

“There are things that I cannot say otherwise I will get fined.”
Did I say it was, or did I say what the poster quoted was?

.Rossi

FFS he didn't say that

He didn't say the quote that you are mentioning though.
Fair enough if he didn't. Hold my hands up over that.

Still not changing my opinion that he is either a mardy arse, a mercenary or just overrated

Cassidy

Still not changing my opinion that he is either a mardy arse, a mercenary or just overrated
Haha thats fine.

JPRouve

Scout

No one asked you to change your opinion on him, I think that he is overrated and have said it from the beginning but it's not going to have any influence on my translation of his words, that's my only issue in this thread not how people see the player.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Paul Pogba looks for media exposure (both traditional media and social media) to advance his brand. He is drawing a lot of attention to himself. There is nothing wrong with that, but he shouldnot expect to get only positive feedback when he doesn't perform. Almost nobody would be bothered by his media personality if he'd be consistently good. He isn't and consequently fans get annoyed by it. When de Gea considered a move to Real Madrid most people didn't get on his back because he didn't put himself at the center of all the attention and because he was consistently Manchester United's best player.

.Rossi

No one asked you to change your opinion on him, I think that he is overrated and have said it from the beginning but it's not going to have any influence on my translation of his words, that's my only issue in this thread not how people see the player.
Tbf, I wasn't asking for permission to not change my opinion.

I just wanted to get it in, for absolutely no reason whatsoever

Cassidy

You said: This thread is a mess, with people just repeating lies over and over again, its not going to make it true just because you repeat it

Your whole thrust has been that people are misinterpreting innocent comments from Pogba. I'm illustrating that that is not the case.
Do you know why this particular thread was started? Did you see the comment the poster made which I responded to, was it a lie?
Was the premise of starting this thread based on lies?

Like I have said, Pogba isn't innocent, but the debate about the 2 interviews which started this thread is based on lies, and people keep repeating the lies in the thread. Its not going to make it true.

.Rossi

Do you know why this particular thread was started? Did you see the comment the poster made which I responded to, was it a lie?
Was the premise of starting this thread based on lies?

Like I have said, Pogba isn't innocent, but the debate about the 2 interviews which started this thread is based on lies, and people keep repeating the lies in the thread. Its not going to make it true.
For the record, I didn't start this thread!

It was a post I made in another thread and one of the Paul Wellers on here decide to turn it into a new thread