Pogmentary

hobbers

People making a point about him supposedly calling 300k a week nothing, are misunderstanding what was meant.
No they're not. You're not in an exclusive club that realises a 10k pay rise on 290k is relatively nothing as payrises go. Everyone in this thread realises that.

Everyone is slamming Pogba because he's too self-absorbed and deluded to understand that, even if he'd been offered exactly the same terms with a 3-4 year contract extension, that is far above his current market value.

As Juve and PSG and Real have all proved since. Now he and our dearly departed Raiola look like total morons because they've cost Paul at least £20m in potential career earnings from scoffing at that deal.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Then all footballers are greedy because all of them would do the same. And if all of them are greedy by your terms, then none of them is greedy by theirs, for doing what they all would.
I mean, we’re talking about the top 1% of footballers when we’re talking about Pogba (in terms of status). Moaning about £300k pw for someone in his position is greedy no matter how you slice it. The fact that he’s on camera (documentary) doing so means he loses all benefit of the doubt.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Should have been offered a pay reduction. You get pay rises for performing well at work. Not for having an odd good day you can count on one hand during your time at said place of work.

OverratedOpinion

Inflation is relevant at all levels. People at the lower levels may feel the pinch more, but I don't see how that is an argument for people at higher levels to be careless with their money. I'd love an explanation.

Also, tell me, if your boss says to you, hey Overrated, we really value you and want to keep you so we're going to offer a 3% pay rise to prove it, you're going to say, oh no, I've been terrible the past year, please reduce my wages?

You seem unable to grasp the concept that the player takes the assessment of his value and feedback on his performance from his employers not you the random, would-be, know it all.
You are trying to dig and make this so much more complicated than it is to try and prove your bad take wrong. :lol:

No shame in quitting.

Re your question. If I barely show up to work for 3 years and perform in a middling fashion then my boss offers me an extra 10k a week or any type of increase then I am not going to release a video of me talking about how it is "nothing". Also and more importantly, if I was a multi, multi millionaire I would not publicly release a statement calling 520 thousand pounds per year "nothing" in the midst of a global recession. If I did I would rightfully expect people to call me an out of touch idiot. But hey at least I will have you to defend me :)

Irwin99

We all knew this kind of crap was coming when he left the club and that things would come out and it would be generally unpleasant.

Just...feck this overrated guy. Terrible signing. Sir Alex and Jose were right.

LARulz

Now you're arguing that a 'nothing' pay raise is fair. That's okay but the point is, in context, he's not wrong that it's a nothing raise.
No, without context he has a point the % increase is not great. But WITH context he shouldn't even be getting one

jem

Things I would rather do than watch this:
Shit in my hands and clap
Guide my dad into my mum
Shave off a homeless mans beard, weave it into a glove and cup my balls with it
Cut off my balls and sit in vinegar
This never gets old! :lol:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I don't know why this is lost on people - he's not saying 300k is nothing, he's saying the 10k raise from the 290k he was on is nothing.

Putting it in context, its about a 3% increment - I don't think anyone would seriously consider a 3% pay raise as substantial.
The inability to reflect inwards and genuinely argue that his contributions since signing here warrants a considerable pay increase is the substantial error

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Where does it say anything about a 300k a week wage? From what i've read he's said that the club offered him nothing after giving him signals that he was wanted.

I think it was the correct decision to not renew his contract, and for both the club and player to go their separate ways.

Last edited:

The Original

You are trying to dig and make this so much more complicated than it is to try and prove your bad take wrong. :lol:

No shame in quitting.

Re your question. If I barely show up to work for 3 years and perform in a middling fashion then my boss offers me an extra 10k a week or any type of increase then I am not going to release a video of me talking about how it is "nothing". Also and more importantly, if I was a multi, multi millionaire I would not publicly release a statement calling 520 thousand pounds per year "nothing" in the midst of a global recession. If I did I would rightfully expect people to call me an out of touch idiot. But hey at least I will have you to defend me :)
Except he did show up to work every single time. And again, if the club says you're doing well, why would you expect him to adopt a negotiating position that says the opposite? Blame the club not the player.

But as to the bolded, yes, you certainly would!

I have no ill feelings towards anyone for how much they make in relation to how much I make and find it shocking that people feel that way.

The Original

No they're not. You're not in an exclusive club that realises a 10k pay rise on 290k is relatively nothing as payrises go. Everyone in this thread realises that.

Everyone is slamming Pogba because he's too self-absorbed and deluded to understand that, even if he'd been offered exactly the same terms with a 3-4 year contract extension, that is far above his current market value.

As Juve and PSG and Real have all proved since. Now he and our dearly departed Raiola look like total morons because they've cost Paul at least £20m in potential career earnings from scoffing at that deal.
:lol:

Read through the replies I've gotten then.

BlueHaze

In time of humanitarian crisis this guy labels 300 thousand pounds a month as nothing. Absolutely shameless and rank rotten human being. I'm glad he's gone for good and feck the morons who refused to sell him when Jose wanted to get rid and now ended up losing him for nothing.

Trex

:lol:

Read through the replies I've gotten then.
The fact is Pogba hadly justified his previous wage, and now he is 29 and injury prone was never going to get a huge wage bump, it would be the same as the Rooney contract that got him stuck here. Atleast Rooney actually performed at a high level at one point while Pogba only did it in bits and pieces.
Proof he isn't worth what he think he is worth is in the contract he about to sign/has signed at Juventus which isn't even up to worth he was earning here after moving on a free.
Kudos to the club for not shitting their pants this time.

m1tch

What are the chances this gets pulled before general release when he sees the headlines from the preview? That said, pundits and journalists have been pretty much unanimously being saying he's shite for years so it's not like he could have expected a positive reaction.

I guess the people that built him consider it a case of 'no such thing as bad publicity', although probably hope the press will revert to their usual preference of taking digs at United and so side with Pogba.

Fanta Stick

Except he did show up to work every single time. And again, if the club says you're doing well, why would you expect him to adopt a negotiating position that says the opposite? Blame the club not the player.

I have no ill feelings towards anyone for how much they make in relation to how much I make and find it shocking that people feel that way.
I really hate that label, it feels wrong to call any human a virus and it feels especially rich coming from someone as destructive to his own environment as old Mourinho.

Call him unprofessional, commodified and, certainly, underwhelming compared to his talent, but a virus just doesn’t sit right with me.
Well, I am still referring to the Glazers as parasites.

Nobody is taking that away from me. :nono:

Abraxas

Not a chance I'm watching this insufferable player's self-serving documentary. Good for a laugh if you're an opposition fan but why a United fan would want to punish themselves with it I really cannot understand.

captaincantona

I really hate that label, it feels wrong to call any human a virus and it feels especially rich coming from someone as destructive to his own environment as old Mourinho.

Call him unprofessional, commodified and, certainly, underwhelming compared to his talent, but a virus just doesn’t sit right with me.
Jesus lads...we are grown adults on an Internet forum...a lot of gentle souls...I know what would happen to me if I told my mates that in my humble opinion Paul Pogba was commodified and certainly underwhelming compared to his talent!

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I always stayed on the fence in the anti/pro Pogba arguments as i thought despite coming across as an arrogant money grabbed twat, that he was basically a nice and talented guy despite inconsistant performances. Now from his own mouth he has confirmed that he is in fact an arrogant money grabbing twat. I don't seen how this Pogumentary is going to benefit him though, i wonder if Raiola was still around would he have had certain bits 'edited'.

Herman Toothrot

Jose was right. Pog apologists with egg on their faces.

He and Raiola had the same attitude to football. Extract as much money and commercial clout as you can and fecks to the rest.

Cant believe that pair of cretins genuinely thought he deserved to be made the best paid player in the league and offered Ronaldo money. For a guy who can't stay fit for 3 games in a row and puts in one good performance every two months.
I think we can live in a world where both Mourinho and Pogba were massive mistakes.

Dansk

How can you deliver a work effort that borders on fraudulent for years and then expect to be rewarded with a vastly better contract? The fact that he was even offered 300k is embarrassing on our part, and for him to call that "nothing" tells us all we need to know about him. Good riddance. At this point, there can be no doubt that he was a toxic blemish on the club. In any other line of work, he would have been fired long ago for grossly unprofessional conduct.

He has been stealing a living for over two years, and whenever he hasn't been injured (which he has almost half the fecking time), he has been the worst player on the pitch more often than he has performed well. After this documentary and hearing him brazenly disrespect the club, I rate him alongside the likes of Balotelli when it comes to character. He's a deluded, greedy egomaniac without an ounce of professionalism in him.

Trex

As a club we really need to place emphasis on the "team over individuals" which was the norm under SAF, and that is what its like at Liverpool and Manchester City. If ETH is going to be successful here that most be prioritized without compromises.
We mustn't pay above market value to land players, we mustn't pay players wages more than what they'll earn at other clubs and every player would be expected equal effort on pitch (no Fred presses while Rashford jogs).
Anyone who can live by this should go find a new club.

He's 29 years old. You can understand the naivety of a youngster but Pogba never seems to learn and lives in an alternate world where he is giving world class performance week in, week out. £300k is a pretty decent offer for any so called top player.
I don't think he ever grew up, because he never had to. He's a kid in an adults body surrounded by people treating him like he is the centre of the universe.

OverratedOpinion

Re the first part, it is not about the club offering the contract which is a different issue. This club has been paying Phil Jones for 10 years. It is about the tone deaf and ungrateful nature of his comments that he intentionally put out. Also I must be imagining all the games he missed.

Well what can I say, I am pleased you are such an ardent defender of arrogant, entitled and insensitive comments but I would hope I don't need your services anytime soon as I think people around me would be a little ashamed of me.

Also you are stating that my belief that he did not deserve a pay rise as some arbitrary individual opinion. Firstly no shit, all I can do is give my opinion. Secondly I reckon it is fairly well agreed that he has not been a raging success.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Fergie sent Evra to his house to try and persuade him to stay.
Ferguson was trying his best to keep him. And José doesn't deserve an apology since he was already in a self-destruct mode at the time, trying to set the place on fire before getting fired himself.

I kinda hate when one thing (Pogba being unprofessional and, in general, a horrible signing) is somehow used either as a confirmation of something that didn't happen (Fergie forcing him out of the club or not being happy with him) or as a post-factum rehabilitation of an equally (if not more) toxic individual that never had club's interests as his first priority.
We wanted to keep him but not at the cost of giving him what he wanted. He wanted an improved contract well beyond what an 18 year old deserves, and to be playing in the first team. Fergie didn’t want to compromise on that and he was right not to.

Trex

I don't think he ever grew up, because he never had to. He's a kid in an adults body surrounded by people treating him like he is the centre of the universe.
He is their cash cow so they worship him, not having anyone around who tells you the bitter truth can be absolutely detrimental. He could have been so much more.

el3mel

Some were actually defending this guy, and not just that, they were saying he's one of us.

Mourinho was right in calling him a virus. That's the best title for him.