Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
To be honest, they're not entirely worth fussing about outside of competitive play, as the main games generally are easy. It can be fun to kerb stomp everyone though.
Well, you got it in one. Playing online or local tournaments will be something I look into doing. I am also off travelling around asia next year so if I can hop into one of their local tournaments then I will do just to see how mental it is.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I am getting the dual pack for the nice Steelbook :)
feck I really want the Steelbook! But I have a 50$ gift card on amazon so I feel better paying 70$ on the dual pack than 120$, I have a pre-order on it but I'm starting to think of switching to Shield only, I have a voucher and I'm still not sure I want to use that on LM3.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Well, you got it in one. Playing online or local tournaments will be something I look into doing. I am also off travelling around asia next year so if I can hop into one of their local tournaments then I will do just to see how mental it is.
Ahhh, there it is then. Competitive is a near completely different game. Never played in tourneys, or whatever, but I used to rack up plenty of friendly/pickup games on Pokemon Showdown a long time ago.

Should still be good for practice and teambuilding testing.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I a super confused now, I just went to go and do my pre-order and everywhere that had the Dynamax Crystals as a Pre-Order bonus now no longer lists it as such. Have they been done away with ? Is there anywhere else that is still doing it ?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I a super confused now, I just went to go and do my pre-order and everywhere that had the Dynamax Crystals as a Pre-Order bonus now no longer lists it as such. Have they been done away with ? Is there anywhere else that is still doing it ?
No they are still there.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
@Havak has entered plenty and won a few. He probably knows more about competitive play than anyone else on here.

Havak

Pokemon master
@Havak has entered plenty and won a few. He probably knows more about competitive play than anyone else on here.
Have you entered any Pokémon tournaments before or played competitive battles? I'd be happy to give some advice, but if it's in-person tournaments you're interested in, you'll have to attune yourself to Double Battles as that's the only format used in official events.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Have you entered any Pokémon tournaments before or played competitive battles?(1) I'd be happy to give some advice,(2) but if it's in-person tournaments you're interested in, you'll have to attune yourself to Double Battles as that's the only format used in official events.(3)
(1) - No

(2) - Excellent, I will definitely take you up on that :).

(3) - Right on, I will need to do some more diving once I get familiar with the basics of all the mechanics. Found some good starter tutorials for now that should keep me going until release.

Hephaestus

Found a few shinies in Let's Go, loved the shiny Growlithe I got. Got about half a dozen shiny Chansey's at the end of the game when I was levelling everyone up in Cerulean Cave.

Minkaro

I've never found a wild shiny in one of the main games. Got a shiny Zubat in Let's Go though.

Was so hyped to get it as well, I'm probably the only Zubat fan in existence (did a nuzlocke on Gold, and Crobat took out four of Red's Pokemon on his own. I refuse to count Electrode's pathetic performance against Snorlax as a contribution).

Sara125

Oh man, I just learnt about EV training. I didn't realise there were new added depths to this shit.

I might as well marry this thing now.
Tbf EV training has been a thing since forever but it only really became a *necessity* in the later generations where you play against people in the world who utilise stuff like that and IV training etc. for competitive purposes

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I found a shiny Ekans in a rom of pokemon silver. I'm hesitant to call it legit because I don't know if the rom was modified in any way. There's a few romhacks where shinies are dime a dozen.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
I don't know if any of you are interested, I'm getting Pokemon Shield and I want to trade exclusive pokemon with others, and maybe starters? Anyone interested? We can also set up caf raid battles?

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Have you entered any Pokémon tournaments before or played competitive battles? I'd be happy to give some advice, but if it's in-person tournaments you're interested in, you'll have to attune yourself to Double Battles as that's the only format used in official events.
Teach me Havak-sensei.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I don't know if any of you are interested, I'm getting Pokemon Shield and I want to trade exclusive pokemon with others, and maybe starters? Anyone interested? We can also set up caf raid battles?
I’m getting shield so shouldn’t be a problem, me and my brother are gonna do the starters so I’ll breed multiple I’m sure

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

No new reveals, but really good summaries of everything we got so far, funny how Impidimp hasn't been revealed officially yet even after being in that 24 hours stream.