Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I can't believe you guys still play pokemon. That shit was cool, maybe 6 months ago.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
fecking Moltres! Months ago (maybe a year) I got to Moltres, saved in front of it so that I could easily restart if I accidentally KOed it and try to catch it again. Yesterday and today I've gone back to the game to try again and I still can't catch that fecker.

EDIT: Talking about Heart Gold BTW.
Are you using any paralyse moves?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
What is this.

I love/miss pokemon... So many brilliant childhood memories.

Art

Art the artist
Restarted heartgold again, Whitney's miltank, that fecking cnut is so broken shit aint even funny. :mad:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I'm only familiar with the first generation stuff where there was 150 Pokemon so is there any difference between Heartgold and Soulsilver games? Is one better than the other?

I've decided to get one after reading this thread. Bloody nostalgia.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I'm only familiar with the first generation stuff where there was 150 Pokemon so is there any difference between Heartgold and Soulsilver games? Is one better than the other?

I've decided to get one after reading this thread. Bloody nostalgia.
The only difference is that each version has a few exclusive Pokemon, but that's just to encourage trading if you want to catch them all and wont affect your game in any way.

In case you don't know Heart Gold and Soul Silver aren't the most recent Pokemon games available for the DS. The last ones released for the system were Black and White, and Black and White 2.

NM

Gold/Silver was the pinnacle of pokemon for me. Still played every game until Black/White 2.. Hope X/Y can get me back into it.. Is there anything like the Battle Factory in it?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Cheers, Olly. Will probably end up getting Heartgold or Soulsilver.
Yeah they are awesome and still massive games. Saying that they are stil in demand and even a used one can set you back £30.

Heardy

I expected this thread to be X & Y focused, but seems to be a throw back to emulators and previous iterations of the game.

I am very tempted to pick up a copy of X or Y this week. May even trade in White 2 and Luigi's Mansion for it.

Any thoughts on the latest instalment?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's incredibly addictive and predictably great, I'd say go and get it but don't trade Luigi's Mansion for it as it's another great game that you will probably like to play again (around Halloween preferably, I've stalled on completing or playing it much before and intend to have a full go during Halloween season).

jeston

Strumming my Gloom with his Cubone
Singing my Muk with his Mews

Drainy

Finding it a bit too easy with all the powerful 'starter' pokemon you are given. Might try and beat the game with a themed team.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
No Pokemon DLC or micro-transactions...

At least, alongside Nintendo, there are people who think like this still. Although it could be argued giving slightly different versions of the same game to get different pokemon was iffy, at least that was mainly for sharing which is free. Imagine having to pay for legendary pokemon? Shudders...
Good on them, that would be awful. I didn't mind the different games, all it meant is me and my friends would coordinate who got which one.

"We have a team of 20 different graphic designers who are responsible for coming up with the Pokémon design themselves, and then there’s a team of five people who actually judge the designs, and are responsible for deciding which Pokémon go into the final games," he revealed.
From that article, I'd love to see what didn't make the cut.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
feck's sake. I decided to forget about Moltres for a while and go and do some other stuff, then I end up at the Power Plant and bump into Zapdos, so now I'll be spending ages with him instead.

Ralaks

I never had any troubles catching them, low hp and paralyze/sleep and spam ultra balls

Anyone got Tyrantrum yet? Looks pretty fecking badass. Will go straight into my team which is now Frogadier, Honedge, Pancham, Braixen, Ivysaur and Fletchinder. Will probs replace Honedge or Pancham, haven't decided yet

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
feck's sake. I decided to forget about Moltres for a while and go and do some other stuff, then I end up at the Power Plant and bump into Zapdos, so now I'll be spending ages with him instead.
How the feck do you just bump into them? It's not like they jump out from the grass.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Well, not "bump" into them, but walking along and there it is just hanging around outside the door.
You still have to "nudge" them to engage them in battle don't you?

In Gold you had that problem with those damned dogs turning up from nowhere

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Well, i am definitely getting Heartgold then! I freakin' loved Gold back in the day. I might even go so far as to say it's my favourite Pokemon game.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Well, i am definitely getting Heartgold then! I freakin' loved Gold back in the day. I might even go so far as to say it's my favourite Pokemon game.
Yep it's amazing, and if that wasn't good enough the lead Pokemon in your party follows you in the game. I had a Groudon in it I think and it's fecking massive!