Gaming Pokémon Strumfest

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Oh right, ok. I picked up the Torchic so that'll see me through. Think i'll still level my other guys up a bit though just so we're all on a somewhat even keel.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I wouldn't mind a Chespin or a Charmander if you've been breeding them already (I know it's much to ask but as I said, if you've been breeding already), but apart from those two I've no preferences really since my brother has Y so I'm able to get the exclusives easily really.
Yeah I can sort that I think, I've got every starter apart from Bulbasaur so I'll crack on tonight.

Ralaks

Yeah I can sort that I think, I've got every starter apart from Bulbasaur so I'll crack on tonight.

Cool. Can breed the t-rex fossil pokemon too if you picked the other one and send that for the other starter if you want?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Cool. Can breed the t-rex fossil pokemon too if you picked the other one and send that for the other starter if you want?
Oh yeah that would be cool, I picked the sail fossil I think so yeah that would be sound.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Skeldamon what's your code? Both people have to add it for it to work.

Oh yeah just seen it on last page. Ill do it now!

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Think I might be the only one who hasn't ever used the breeding function in Pokemon games.

Drainy

Think I might be the only one who hasn't ever used the breeding function in Pokemon games.

Was looking at my Pearl save last night to get a feel for what I want to transfer when the online transfer function becomes available.. I was ashamed of the number of level 1 Scythers I had in my boxes.

Ralaks

Oh yeah that would be cool, I picked the sail fossil I think so yeah that would be sound.

Just realised I need a Ditto to do some breeding, doh. Might not be able to offer anything cool till then. (No idea how soon a Ditto can be caught), been reading you have to be near the final gym.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Just realised I need a Ditto to do some breeding, doh. Might not be able to offer anything cool till then. (No idea how soon a Ditto can be caught), been reading you have to be near the final gym.
Yeah that's my plans for tonight. I'm at the 6th gym so going to plough on tonight and try ditto up.

Ralaks

Yeah that's my plans for tonight. I'm at the 6th gym so going to plough on tonight and try ditto up.

Cool. Actually if you could send me a ditto with the Pokerus then I can breed the two you need, and trade them back for the two starters?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Cool. Actually if you could send me a ditto with the Pokerus then I can breed the two you need, and trade them back for the two starters?
Sounds good, I'll start at it tonight and try and get a couple of dittos into the daycare at least.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Added you in.

I really want all the pokemon now so gonna have to start trawling back through games for the rare ones and legendaries, not sure how to get some of the event pokemon through.

Ralaks

I really want all the pokemon now so gonna have to start trawling back through games for the rare ones and legendaries, not sure how to get some of the event pokemon through.

I'm going to try to gather as many as possible in X, I never really enjoyed black 1/2 enough to do it then, but now I fancy it to be enjoyable whilst still being somewhat possible.

Combining me and my brothers games, only leaves us short of Pearl and White 1 of the DS Generations. I think I got like half of them in my Soulsilver games, the only ones that'll be a pain is the event pokemons, all the small legendaries like Mew, Celebi etc.

Drainy

It's going to be especially hard since you will have to transfer all the old pokemon Via Nintendo online so they will stop any hacked ones from getting through

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I've only just realised Ryhorn is actually spelled as Rhyhorn. How the feck did I never notice that?:eek:

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Is it worth getting a 3DS (or 2DS) for XY? Last game I played was Diamond, so I missed 5th Gen completely, but I'm tempted to play this one.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Well I've run a contest....

http://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonContests/comments/1oihc4/pictures_poems_for_pokérus/

I'm really putting faith in the internet that someone does something awesome...

Obviously anyone here is welcome to one for nothing.

Also I liked this...

It only took him 6 generations, but Snorlax is up and ready.
Ha! Well done that man! :lol:
Is it worth getting a 3DS (or 2DS) for XY? Last game I played was Diamond, so I missed 5th Gen completely, but I'm tempted to play this one.
I'd say so, yes, but I'm pretty much a pokemon addict. I do think(after a few days mind) that it's one of the best gens ever, but also so far, the very easiest.

NM

So I'll probably start this AFTER everyone else in about a month or so. Any good souls willing to breed and get me the starters I won't have?

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
So I'll probably start this AFTER everyone else in about a month or so. Any good souls willing to breed and get me the starters I won't have?
Yeah once I complete the main story and get a ditto then I'm going to start breeding, I already have everything but Bulbasaur for the 6 starters and Ralaks will hit me up with that. I'm gonna start a breeding program to hook people up I think.

Just remind me when you start and I'll sort it out.

NM

Yeah once I complete the main story and get a ditto then I'm going to start breeding, I already have everything but Bulbasaur for the 6 starters and Ralaks will hit me up with that. I'm gonna start a breeding program to hook people up I think.

Just remind me when you start and I'll sort it out.
Thanks mate. I'll be able to get a 3ds again on black friday..

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Ha! Well done that man! :lol:

I'd say so, yes, but I'm pretty much a pokemon addict. I do think(after a few days mind) that it's one of the best gens ever, but also so far, the very easiest.
I used to be an addict as well, but when BW came out I tried to convince myself that I'm too old to play Pokemon anymore. Now I don't think I can resist anymore. Not sure whether to get X or Y though.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I used to be an addict as well, but when BW came out I tried to convince myself that I'm too old to play Pokemon anymore. Now I don't think I can resist anymore. Not sure whether to get X or Y though.
I suppose it depends on the legendary, IMO Y's legendary is better, but general consensus seems to be that X has better exclusive Pokemon.

Either can be overcome by trading, really.

Nickosaur

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Pokemon yellow on my Gameboy Colour, when I was about 10 years old. You gimps are actually making me consider getting a 3DS and this new game malarky.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Wee bit disappointed with Aegislash after finally getting a Dusk Stone.

Anyone trained a Sliggoo? Seem to have a pretty immense special moveset, but how is it on the physical side?

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Can anyone explain to me why my Torchic (well, now Combusken) gets a speed boost after every turn in a battle? I mean, it's awesome and all but i have no idea why it happens.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
That was part of the gift, the Torchic they gave out has a speed boost ability. Once it's fully evolved its a savage pokemon with that speed boost.