[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
Voted simeone but thought it read someone as I had a couple pints

Listar

Why Poch? Less we want to hang out outside top4 like what we did in the last few years and current Poch's team?

I mean I am flabbergasted how the best attacking manager in Poch with the best striker Kane and a world class supporting cast of Son Eriksen Alli score less goals than a defensive manager with no world class striker (everyone here says Lukaku < Kane) and rubbish supporting cast (Most here thinks that Lingard, Martial, Mata, Rashford are inferior to Son Eriksen and Ali) parking the bus all the time?

To add to insult, many people thinks that they have a superior midfield (excluding Pogba) and a superior back 4 (as opposed to our aging young and Valencia, never fit Rojo Bailey, Jone Smalling, and can't make it Lindelof)

So they are superior than us in every department but is inferior in goal scored, goals concede and points tally?

How is that possible? Is it because of our god de Gea?

Last edited:

sajeev

No idea currently. It will have to be a either a really good long term pick or a change of structure

I would think along the lines of having someone like Ole/ VdS/ Butt/ Stam or even Giggs as DoF with a strong head of scouting, with a head coach used to working in this structure

Oaencha

Pochettino before Guardiola?

Sure. That's completely sensible.

Insane.
Yeah it’s completely insane for Utd fans to think Guardiola won’t be our next manager after Mourinho. It’s not like he is managing City or anything, right?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I'm surprised quite a few wanting Simeone. His football is boring.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Mou is going nowhere but I will play along. I picked Ancelotti.

Poch has won nothing in his career, Giggs is Giggs, Pep going to be at City for another 2-3 years, Simeone’s football is not great.

Ancelotti knows what it takes to win the PL cos he has done it and is still a brilliant manager.

Leif GW

Blanc is an interesting one, I am surprised he's still not hired somewhere. Maybe lacks the charisma for the job, though. Did manage Zlatan et al in a seemingly good way on the other hand.

Sarri I really like, but I am not sure if he would be able to integrate well in England. Does he speak English? He seems very Italian to me, pretty old at 58 too.

Poch seems like the obvious and safe pick, I have a hard time seeing him completely fail here anyway. Seems like a very likeable character. Tuchel would be exciting, boom-or-bust for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big-Red

dove

Simeone is in 2nd place with 14%. It's quite hilarious knowing that the main reason many people want Jose out is a style of football :houllier:

el3mel

Blanc is an interesting one, I am surprised he's still not hired somewhere. Maybe lacks the charisma for the job, though. Did manage Zlatan et al in a seemingly good way on the other hand.

Sarri I really like, but I am not sure if he would be able to integrate well in England. Does he speak English? He seems very Italian to me, pretty old at 58 too.

Poch seems like the obvious and safe pick, I have a hard time seeing him completely fail here anyway. Seems like a very likeable character. Tuchel would be exciting, boom-or-bust for me.
No one is interested in Blanc because he's not really a good manager.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Maybe. But the reason Moyes struggled the most was that he never experienced managing a big club like United.
Pochettino will struggle to handle pressure here.
That's not a given at all. I don't believe previous experience is the most important factor. The biggest reasons Moyes struggled so much was because he is a weak and unintelligent man. He didn't even want the job very much. He recounted that "the blood drained from his face" when he was told by SAF "you're the next manager of Man Utd". It was far too big for a small person like Moyes. That doesn't mean others will suffer the same fate, necessarily.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Yeah it’s completely insane for Utd fans to think Guardiola won’t be our next manager after Mourinho. It’s not like he is managing City or anything, right?
The question isn't 'Who do you think will be'

It's 'Who would you want'.

So yes, it's insane.

Oaencha

The question isn't 'Who do you think will be'

It's 'Who would you want'.

So yes, it's insane.
Before he managed City then yes he would have been my first choice but I would never, ever want an ex-City manager in charge of Utd.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Before he managed City then yes he would have been my first choice but I would never, ever want an ex-City manager in charge of Utd.
I'd never cut my nose off to spite my face.

If Pep won a couple of trophies there I'd have no issue if he came here and won a European Cup & League double. None at all.

Red Star One

Would we like that?

Mods can move my post and start a new thread, if they think it’s worth it - L’equipe is actually as good of a source as it gets.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
LOL at anyone voting Simeone. The main idea is to get better football, isn't it? Ancelotti is a shitty option too.

Ace of Spades

I would rather appoint a good DOF and give McKenna a chance. If it does not work, the DOF can get rid early.

Justin Bieber

Would we like that?

Mods can move my post and start a new thread, if they think it’s worth it - L’equipe is actually as good of a source as it gets.
Get a DoF in place and if he wants Zidane after Mourinho I would not be against that at all.

Gasolin

Would be good to see Zidane become maybe the sporting director, and then the manager.

AndyJ1985

Bring in a dof and give a chance to a good young coach. If the last 5 years have taught me anything, it's that there's no good reason we have search for an experienced manager with an impressive cv

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Allegri for his coaching ability and seemingly being a personality/traditionalist who s right up United's alley - Zidane because he d bring the hype to compete with Pep and Klopp and could likely help us attract some of the world s biggest names a bit easier than Mou might be able to now.

I'm still not entirely off the Mou bandwagon however, I think we ll have a good season and this will be a useful learning experience for both him and us as a club..in a good way. If he does part ways with us sometime soon then I really hope we can do it on a high note this time around. Sick of the negativity.

AndyJ1985

Why? Given what's at stake, the board are never going to give the managerial job to someone with no relevant experience.
Real Madrid and Barcelona achieved incredible things with inexperienced managers. Why can't it work for us?

Inter Yer Nan

I think Zidane would be interesting. I think he'd be a manager everyone wants to play for and seems not fall out with. Could help keep Pogba and entice top French and Spanish talent. He's not a great tactician per se but he's obviously a good man manager and keeps the tactics fairly simple even if some of his selections can be baffling. He's obviously a winner.

Allegri is another interesting choice. One of the best managers around.

I do love Simeone but not sure how well he'd fit. His style wouldn't be terribly different from Jose's and he's so settled and loving it at Atletico it seems he wouldn't come anyway.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
My biggest problem with getting rid of Mourinho (and I do want him gone) is that I honestly don't know who I'd bring in.
Poch is an obvious choice, but beyond him, I really don't know whose hot propery these days, beyond the obvious ones already at clubs they wont leave.

I'd happily take a risk. If McKenna did such a great job with the younger lads, then I wouldn't be disheartened taking a risk.
I just want a manager with some fresh ideas, a plan in his mind, and the willingness to play attacking, attractive football

el3mel

I would welcome Zidane, but before he comes people need to realize his tactics is 100% dependent on crossing so that no one moans about the over use of crossing if he ends up here. Just to be sure.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
I do love Simeone but not sure how well he'd fit. His style wouldn't be terribly different from Jose's and he's so settled and loving it at Atletico it seems he wouldn't come anyway.
Really wouldn't want Simeone due to his football. A lot here are already sick to death of Mourinho, this would just be another slap in the face :lol: