[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

JK-27

A friend of a friend of a kebab shop owner’s cousin that works at Old Trafford has said that an offer is being prepared for Antonio Conte.

I didn’t like Chelsea’s football much but it’s got to be better than the coma-inducing stuff we’re currently ‘enjoying’?!
Great, another manager who can't get along with his players.

Red_toad

A friend of a friend of a kebab shop owner’s cousin that works at Old Trafford has said that an offer is being prepared for Antonio Conte.

I didn’t like Chelsea’s football much but it’s got to be better than the coma-inducing stuff we’re currently ‘enjoying’?!
Any chance they can give a bit of gossip on who Jose fell out with post match? Probably a better source than the daily fail...

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Guardiola is an option in the poll, so that's who I voted for. I can't think of a scenario where we hire him but he is the best option on the poll.

Loon

:lol:
I haven’t got a clue anymore, but the reservations I have with Pochettino is he has a great squad at Spurs and can’t get them to win anything and giving him a ton of money to spend at United is no guarantee he can win anything with us.

He’s also working with a squad that needs, as Ron Atkinson said once, major surgery and I wonder if Pochettino is capable of doing that.

Flip side is he’d have us at least playing exciting football with whatever squad and he’s not a toxic miserable sod.

RedDevilRoshi

I haven’t got a clue anymore, but the reservations I have with Pochettino is he has a great squad at Spurs and can’t get them to win anything and giving him a ton of money to spend at United is no guarantee he can win anything with us.

He’s also working with a squad that needs, as Ron Atkinson said once, major surgery and I wonder if Pochettino is capable of doing that.

Flip side is he’d have us at least playing exciting football with whatever squad and he’s not a toxic miserable sod.

That’s who I personally want but then again, will we pay the huge mega amounts of money that Levy will demand is another question?

Personally I haven’t a clue now who the new manager will be after Jose?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The one who'll make a logical clear out and Woodward won't stand in a way of football matters... which is probably no one at the moment.

el3mel

Jardim now. He's exactly what we need. He's the most logical so we won't go for him but the biggest flashy name available. *cough*Zidane*cough*

diarm

Jardim now. He's exactly what we need. He's the most logical so we won't go for him but the biggest flashy name available. *cough*Zidane*cough*
I'd like Jardim too but only if we make the necessary structural changes around him. There's no point in asking Jardim to look after the first team if the academy isn't singing off the same hymn sheet or if Ed is dictating transfer policy by order of who get more retweets from movie stars or sells more trainers.

If we're serious about rebuilding the footballing side of the club and instilling a sustainable, successful structure - then Jardim is the ideal candidate for head coach.

el3mel

I'd like Jardim too but only if we make the necessary structural changes around him. There's no point in asking Jardim to look after the first team if the academy isn't singing off the same hymn sheet or if Ed is dictating transfer policy by order of who get more retweets from movie stars or sells more trainers.

If we're serious about rebuilding the footballing side of the club and instilling a sustainable, successful structure - then Jardim is the ideal candidate for head coach.
That's exactly what we need. We need a rebuild in the club stracture and thus we need a manager who will be suited for this and will extract everything from whoever he has at his disposal. Maybe he won't win much, but at this time this period is necessary if we want any success at the future. Short term fixes aren't working, as simple as that.

RedDevilRoshi

After reading that, you’ve made me change my mind now :lol:

110% completely agree that the club needs to make those structural changes in order for this to succeed.

Do I see this happening? Unfortunately not.

Loon

I’ve been researching Jardim and his record, and with young players in particular, looks impressive. He’s also not had a gig at a big club yet. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before somebody takes a punt on him.

How come Chelsea change managers change more times than Doctor Who, yet they mostly seem to appoint somebody who inevitably brings success?

Loon

My record at choosing managers is poor.

After Atkinson: Howard Kendall
After Ferguson: Mourinho
After Moyes: Klopp
After Van Gaal: Guardiola

So, if Jardim is my choice now, then Giggs will get the job.

Darlington Padgett

For everyone on the Jardiim boat. Hasn't he made a terrible start to the season and Monaco are currently in the relegation zone? Or have I gone bonkers?
He loses half of his players every year and replaces them with young talented players that are not ready but might be able to sell them in a couple of years.

Loon

For everyone on the Jardiim boat. Hasn't he made a terrible start to the season and Monaco are currently in the relegation zone? Or have I gone bonkers?
I’m a recent convert, but let’s see what he does. Klopp wasn’t exactly on fire when he was appointed by the dippers.

Mcking

If we are going with the DOF-head coach route, I'd be over the moon with Jardim. But if it is the normal manager route, then I can't think of a better option than Zidane.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I've always called for patience with Mourinho, but I think his time maybe up. If it is there is no better manager in Europe at the moment for rebuilding teams and getting the best out of a squad than Jardim. At Monaco his best players have been consistently sold and he has delievered consistent results. Having lost Bakayoko, Mbappe, Mendy and Silva they were knocked out the CL in the groups but still went on to finish second. He did the same at Porto after losing three of his key players (van Wolfswinkel, Bruma and Ilori) He never complains publicly about this and when questioned on at Monaco, his response was "I don't have time to whine."

He is flexible with his formations to fit around the players he has, he can play defensively, with high intensity a well as having a great track record for developing young players and there are no reports of clashes with players.

Surely worth a punt.

9 Stone Elvis

At the risk of being crushingly negative. I have a major problem with the idea of Butt or anyone else as a caretaker. It usually ends in disaster for most big clubs when they go down this route simply because being a caretaker manager is completely different to being the manager. If we give it to Butt for example, he comes in, steadies the ship, we play some nice stuff and have an "ok" season rescued from the rubble of the current situation there will be a massive clamour for him to get the job full time but being a full time manager, implementing a transfer plan, coaching players long term, developing tactics etc is far different from a short sharp kick cup the bottom. The football world is littered with examples of managers given the job on the basis of a good spell as caretaker who were down the job centre by the following Christmas. And thats best case scenario where he comes in and does well, obviously if he comes in and doesn't, well he doesn't. There is also the chance that he comes in, does well, but its made clear he isn't in the running for it full time, which just heaps pressure on the next guy when he gets a bad result - "we should have stuck with Butt".

I appreciate that isn't the most optimistic of views but Im not at my most optimistic right now!!!

Kostov

One of the reasons I'm not voicing my Mourinho OUT feelings is the lack of clear cut candidate to take over. I don't think Zidane is the right man, and voted for Jardim on the poll, but I'm not sure in all honesty.

AgentP

I've always called for patience with Mourinho, but I think his time maybe up. If it is there is no better manager in Europe at the moment for rebuilding teams and getting the best out of a squad than Jardim. At Monaco his best players have been consistently sold and he has delievered consistent results. Having lost Bakayoko, Mbappe, Mendy and Silva they were knocked out the CL in the groups but still went on to finish second. He did the same at Porto after losing three of his key players (van Wolfswinkel, Bruma and Ilori) He never complains publicly about this and when questioned on at Monaco, his response was "I don't have time to whine."

He is flexible with his formations to fit around the players he has, he can play defensively, with high intensity a well as having a great track record for developing young players and there are no reports of clashes with players.

Surely worth a punt.
Agreed. It's time we go for someone young and forward thinking. With him, a transition to a DoF would be smooth.

reddaz71

Preferably someone who is innovative and adaptable, someone who can come in talking up the talent throughout the squad and is prepared to give the kids a good solid go of it on a regular basis telling them to express themselves!

Treble

One of the reasons I'm not voicing my Mourinho OUT feelings is the lack of clear cut candidate to take over. I don't think Zidane is the right man, and voted for Jardim on the poll, but I'm not sure in all honesty.
Any would be better than the current version of Mourinho.

Himannv

I'd have voted for Bielsa if he was an option in the poll. I think he's a fantastic coach and analyst. It would mean a completely new way of playing for us obviously, but a 3-3-3-1 can technically work alright for us if we sign a top CB and we'd be able to compete with the likes of City, Liverpool, Spurs, etc. He's even got Leeds playing his way and they're on top of the table now.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
At the risk of being crushingly negative. I have a major problem with the idea of Butt or anyone else as a caretaker. It usually ends in disaster for most big clubs when they go down this route simply because being a caretaker manager is completely different to being the manager. If we give it to Butt for example, he comes in, steadies the ship, we play some nice stuff and have an "ok" season rescued from the rubble of the current situation there will be a massive clamour for him to get the job full time but being a full time manager, implementing a transfer plan, coaching players long term, developing tactics etc is far different from a short sharp kick cup the bottom. The football world is littered with examples of managers given the job on the basis of a good spell as caretaker who were down the job centre by the following Christmas. And thats best case scenario where he comes in and does well, obviously if he comes in and doesn't, well he doesn't. There is also the chance that he comes in, does well, but its made clear he isn't in the running for it full time, which just heaps pressure on the next guy when he gets a bad result - "we should have stuck with Butt".

I appreciate that isn't the most optimistic of views but Im not at my most optimistic right now!!!
Fair point. I’d give it to Butt.

But I think after 6 years we could all do with a laugh. So therefore I’m suggesting Cantona & Keane comedy act

Kapardin

I'd have voted for Bielsa if he was an option in the poll. I think he's a fantastic coach and analyst. It would mean a completely new way of playing for us obviously, but a 3-3-3-1 can technically work alright for us if we sign a top CB and we'd be able to compete with the likes of City, Liverpool, Spurs, etc. He's even got Leeds playing his way and they're on top of the table now.
Imagine El Loco dealing with Woodward's incompetence. He would probably defect back to Argentina in the middle of the season without telling anyone leaving us high and dry.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah he’s a good coach. Apparently he’s a nutter but I don’t know anything about that