POLL ADDED: Would you want Jose Mourinho as the next Manchester United manager?

Would you want Jose Mourinho as manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Mourinho doesn't want to offend his friend LVG and now he is wroting love letters behind his back to his employer?

Journalism is a piece of piss.

Member 5225

Would you all really be happy to put up with his awful behavior if he was our manager? We hear so much about the "United way" that's largely bullshit but surely expecting a basic level of dignity from our manager is a reasonable principle for the club to stick by? Or are results simply more important?
oh and also:

sunama

Baghdad Bob
paz all that stuff you posted, didn't really happen.
MUFC and its staff are a paragon of virtue and have never done anything disrespectful to anybody.
They are all angels and we don't hire people are fail the angelic test.
And our current assistant manager...he never slept his brother's wife. That never happened. ;)

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What?! YES we'd be nuts not to sign Suarez if available.

Are you like anti-capitalist and work with people that always meditate during their lunch break?!
You seem to live in a parallel universe!
You wouldn't want Suarez at United? :eek:
Yeah it would be great to get Suarez. Or any world class player.
Are you folks serious?
Don't you know his disciplinary past? Do you know that he racially abused one of our legends? That he played for Liverpool, and dumped them when a bigger club came calling? That he is a diving, biting, play-acting, abusive, cnut?

I see what you were trying to say, but poor analogy. Getting Mourinho is not equivalent to getting Suarez.
I'm in the MourINho camp.

Member 5225

Are you folks serious?
Don't you know his disciplinary past? Do you know that he racially abused one of our legends? That he played for Liverpool, and dumped them when a bigger club came calling? That he is a diving, biting, play-acting, abusive, cnut?

I see what you were trying to say, but poor analogy. Getting Mourinho is not equivalent to getting Suarez.
Yeah when push comes to shove, considering all, the Suarez situation is a totally different kettle of fish....
Was trying to make a point (how if one is so against someone for ideological reasons, there is another school of thought for not just being emotional and being pragmatic for the greater good).

Last edited by a moderator:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Are you folks serious?

Just think how much it'd hurt the Scousers if Suarez shoots us to a title. :keano:

#welcomejose

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I can(partly) understand some of our fans supporting someone else ahead of Mourinho, but are there actually people who wouldn't take Mourinho if they just had to choose between van Gaal and him? Let's say no one else is available.

van Persie

Changed my vote from no to yes. Don't know what I was thinking. In hindsight I would rather have kept Moyes over LvG and Mourinho.

Mourinho had a terrible season but he and Pep is the best options available. I will not argue against either.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Changed my vote from no to yes. Don't know what I was thinking. In hindsight I would rather have kept Moyes over LvG and Mourinho.

Mourinho had a terrible season but he and Pep is the best options available. I will not argue against either.
Why?

dichinero

In the minority but I still do not want José. I fear he would leave the club in a mess and without any future.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
oh and also:

My only point was that I'd think carefully before hiring the worst behaved manager I can remember seeing. The fact that we've had managers/players who have behaved badly in the past doesn't mean anything as, in my opinion, Mourinho is worse. In fact he's so bad that I think he'd struggle to last here in the long term, in the same way he's struggled to last at his previous clubs.

Zoo

In the minority but I still do not want José. I fear he would leave the club in a mess and without any future.
Mourinho provides the closest thing to the guarantee of trophies which we are without since Fergie left. We need success again and for the short term he is probably needed.

Member 5225

My only point was that I'd think carefully before hiring the worst behaved manager I can remember seeing. The fact that we've had managers/players who have behaved badly in the past doesn't mean anything as, in my opinion, Mourinho is worse. In fact he's so bad that I think he'd struggle to last here in the long term, in the same way he's struggled to last at his previous clubs.
I think you're too emotional and hung-up on your personal opinion.
We'd have had you dead-against signing Cantona if RedCafe was around then!
And maybe you wanted C.Ronaldo sold after WC2006 too?
I'm genuinely baffled.

bleedred

Who would stay here long term?. and why are people obsessed over long term?. How many long term managers have Barca, Bayern, Real, Chelsea, Juve have had and yet how come they are successful?

Bojan11

You think Guardiola is going to stay here for 10 years? He could have easily done that at Barca or Bayern.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Who would stay here long term?. and why are people obsessed over long term?. How many long term managers have Barca, Bayern, Real, Chelsea, Juve have had and yet how come they are successful?
True.

El Zoido

It's about establishing a solid club structure so that managers can be replaced. We're seemingly obsessed with replicating the Fergie model by grooming Giggs for the role, it's lunacy. Mourinho is ready and available and actually probably would give us more years than he's given any other club given the chance.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You think Guardiola is going to stay here for 10 years? He could have easily done that at Barca or Bayern.
No I don't. In fact I don't expect any manager to last here for that long. I would hope they wouldn't all crash and burn the way Mourinho did at his last two clubs though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think you're too emotional and hung-up on your personal opinion.
We'd have had you dead-against signing Cantona if RedCafe was around then!
And maybe you wanted C.Ronaldo sold after WC2006 too?
I'm genuinely baffled.
I'm not being emotional at all in regards to Mourinho, I'm just weighing up long term negatives against short term gains.

The reality is he'd probably already be our manager if I was in charge as we're in such a desperate situation. I'm just also aware that it's a decision we could come to regret in the long term as he has such glaring flaws.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
at his last two clubs?
Not sure what you mean. At both Chelsea and Madrid he left behind quite a bitter situation so yes, two clubs. As compared to, say, Carlo Ancelotti, who manages short term stints without making people inside and outside the club hate him.

itso 7

It's idiotic to pass up on a manager of Mourinho's pedigree on account of his behavior when we are hiring him to win trophies here not a fecking Nobel Peace Prize. We already have a cnut in the dug out but he is shit so I don't think we will suffer too much if we hire Mourinho.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we have got our hands on Simeone or Pep than we simply fire LVG and put SAF's back for the next few months. I don't care if he doesn't like it. He's a United employee, he's the right person for the job and if he doesn't like it than he knows where the door is. If we have nothing tangible on Pep or Simeone then just hire Mourinho. He's the best manager there is bar the first two

Spoony

The People's President
SAF's back for the next few months. I don't care if he doesn't like it. He's a United employee, he's the right person for the job and if he doesn't like it than he knows where the door is.

:lol:

Yeah feck you Fergie, you're managing again. Tough!

O'Sheady

I would rather have Neil Feckin Warnock than Mourinho, read the Diego Torres book, if half of it is true and it has the ring of truth to it imo plus what you have seen and heard with your own eyes and ears how can you want this toxic twat to mange Utd.
He splits every dressing rooms he runs( including Inter Milan by the way where the squad was apparently a feuding mess when he left), basic stuff like favoring players who have the same agent he has, requesting senior players to make silly claims blaming the refs in after game interviews when it was the team who played badly. Falling out with them if they refused to toe his party line. Being obsessed with his overly defensive tactics even against lower league opposition, surely we have had enough of that at this stage.
Years ago he accused two Reading players of attempting to hospitalize Peter Cech on purpose leading to death threats from Chelsea fans for the two players. He accused the voluntary ambulance crews at the ground of purposely reacting slowly as it was Chelsea player who was hurt. They published their reaction time and it was shown to have been above average rather than slow in any way.
He fish hooked a fellow coaches eye from behind on the touchline against Barcelona.The whole Eva Carneiro debacle recently. This is just off the top of my head, I know I am forgetting loads of of other loathsome stuff.
FFS you cannot want this creep in charge of Utd. The but he wins trophies response is short term head in the sandism of the highest order. DO NOT WANT!!!!!

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
If we have got our hands on Simeone or Pep than we simply fire LVG and put SAF's back for the next few months. I don't care if he doesn't like it. He's a United employee, he's the right person for the job and if he doesn't like it than he knows where the door is. If we have nothing tangible on Pep or Simeone then just hire Mourinho. He's the best manager there is bar the first two

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Yeah feck you Fergie, you're managing again. Tough!
What's funny about it? He's on our payroll isn't he?

The club need to end up in a top 4 place or else it would lose millions because of it.LVG's philosophy isn't working and unless we set our mind on Maureen there's no one available who can lead the club at this point. SAF is our employee and he's the best for the job. Its only for a couple of months.

SirAF

Ageist
What's funny about it? He's on our payroll isn't he?

The club needs him and its only for a couple of months. Its hardly going to kill him
The man is almost 75, he doesn't need to deal with this.

sugar_kane

What this club and a lot of our fans need to recognise is that we are a hated club, hated for our success and occasionally our conduct.

Mourinho = success with occasionally poor conduct.

Having a successful, but hated manager won't make much of a difference to anyone's opinion of our club.

Yes we have gentlemen like Bobby Charlton as icons of our club, but we also had in the same era the womanising alcoholic genius Georgie Best.

Our club isn't about saints, it's about style and success.

Roy Keane, Eric Cantona, all nasty bastards but geniuses all the same. Mourinho fits that mould. We need to take him now while he's available and wants it - we might not get a third chance.

If he stays two, three years so what? In the Premier League right now that would make him the 3rd longest serving in the premier league, and in the top 20 in the country.

We need to fecking get over ourselves and take the gamble.