[Poll] Are you convinced by us, or do you think we're flattering to deceive?

Are you convinced by us, or do you think we're flattering to deceive?

• Total voters

Deleted member 101472

5 games in, three 4 nil wins. If you're not happy with things as they stand you're a nutter.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We've been largely very good against some not very good teams.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
It's to early to tell for me. I'll come back after 10 PL games.

InfiniteBoredom

Something in between. I'm more confident of this team than the one from last season but the amount of goals we scored made our attack looked better than it actually is. We are still failing to make clear cut chances in periods of sustained possession and generally our attack doesn't look convincing, lots of crosses and cutbacks to little avail.

Sentient Meat

I think the quality is there, but sometimes mentally the team checks out for dangerously long periods of time. City looks like the team to beat with us a close second. Still, considering we were playing without Pogba, and with Ibra coming back for the home stretch, I wouldn't bet against us either. I think it's a two horse race between the Manchester clubs for the title. I still hope that 7 minute extra time with the Sterling goal doesn't come back to haunt us.

United22

Not convinced at all, we have to wait until we play at least 5-10 more games

I Believe

everything Nigel Farage told me
Perhaps we are tending to make things harder than they need to be?

First thirty minutes looked like we would win 4-0, then we started slowing things down, Everton who arrived looking as though they could be sick in a bucket, suddenly perked up and they began to take encouragement from our game of statues?

What's happened to Marcus, definitely off his game today, seemed to be thinking too much about everything?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The real test will be the first time we face a so called big side, however the key is consistency in the league over the coming months and in Europe.

Dominos

I'm not overly impressed. We're scoring some goals on the counter attack after the 80th minute when teams open up, for the majority of time before the 80th minute we look uninspired. I thought this applied to the Swansea and Leicester games also.

Our wing play isn't great, very rarely am I impressed with the link up between the wide man and full back. Our left side isn't amazing but at least there is some threat out there with with Martial/Rashford, they may beat a man occassionally or use their pace in behind.

On the right side, we have no presence, it's Valencia all alone, and his ability to beat a man and create chances with no support is limited to say the least. Every cross hits the full backs shins.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Don't matter, as long as the results continue. Give me 3 points every week and some goals every now and then and I'm a happy man.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well we were largely poor against Swansea, Leicester and today and drew away to Stoke so I can see why some might question where we are but put it this way it's not like City (and I only mention them because they have the same number of points) have looked amazing in every one of their games either

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The first thing that need correcting was beating the so called "lesser" teams.

Keep this up and then matches against the better teams will actually have something at stake.

Plus we won't have to face 3 of the other top 6 away late on like last season.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It works both ways. Sure, we were only 1-0 up till 80th minute and we scored the 2nd due to opposition mistake to kill the game- a mistake that we wouldn't benefit from every game. But on the flip side, Lukaku would bury that 1v1 any other game and game would have been over in the first 35 minutes!

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Well we were largely poor against Swansea, Leicester and today and drew away to Stoke so I can see why some might question where we are but put it this way it's not like City (and I only mention them because they have the same number of points) have looked amazing in every one of their games either
Are you serious?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Are you serious?
Yes, while we were comfortable against Swansea the 4-0 flattered us, against Leicester it felt like a last season game where the goal wasn't going to come and today obviously wasn't good. I actually didn't think we were that bad against Stoke though

WhoDaGOAT

I think we're playing very well in spells, but would like to see a bit more control over 90 minutes.

It's impossible to play well in every game, or to dominate from start to finish. But sometimes we lose our concentration for no good reason.

Today was the one time we actually really needed a performance from De Gea, and he delivered.

Mkhi can play better than he is, as crazy as that sounds. Lukaku's end product has been brilliant, but he was careless today and against Stoke. And Valencia's crossing is still very frustrating at times.

A bit more consistency from these three over 90 minutes will take us up a gear.

Ban

We improved since last season, we're scoring goals and scoring a lot. Still space for improvement. Jose looks fresher so to speak and up for it too.

AXVnee7

Defensively I think we are sound - it's the first thing Mourinho sorted out and we look very resilient at the back. In the midfield and certainly offensively I think we doing very well in key moments but our play is antagonised by large moments of being too docile. I think it's the quality of our players that has shone through, rather than the team coherency. But football is a results based business and bar one game, we've delivered so far. Don't get me wrong that doesn't mean we don't have room to improve but I think it's almost as if we've assembled a defence, a midfield and attack but we haven't yet put the components together to create a whole. I still don't feel we have an actual style of play or identity yet. We can all recognise attributes - strong defence, pace, physical etc. but I would say we're still in the latter stages of our transition yet to recognising the team that Mourinho envisions.

The good thing is that we're picking up great results along the way, so when the team does eventually click - we're going to be some force.

Walters_19_MuFc

Unfortunately, we're not always going to win pretty. To me, winning is the main thing, and that's what we've been doing so far this season. Winning when sometimes not playing well is what wins you titles.

Obviously, it'll be interesting to see how we fare against the top teams, but so far, we've had to play what's in front of us, and we've done what we've had to do.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Somewhere in between. People are quick to shoot us down by saying we've played against shite but the same shite got a draw against City who many people are quick to wank over and hand them the title as early as September.

There are some obvious problems that you can see when we are playing. In all fairness I think Ibra cannot come back soon enough. Not a dig at Lukaku but we could do with a different option up front.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Don't matter, as long as the results continue. Give me 3 points every week and some goals every now and then and I'm a happy man.
But surely it does matter if one is a pre-requisite for the other?

The small games are a tune-up for the bigger tests to come, generally, so the coherency in team-play etc there (battering smaller teams both in terms of goals and, more importantly, performance) is also generally a pre-cursor of what's to come in the big games and the CL.

If we look the part against the teams we're supposed to beat, surely it instills confidence for the big games?

The fact we're winning and scoring a lot of goals is great - especially coming from the pits we've been in since SAF's retirement - but looking at it in terms of performance and our downtime in games, there's surely a lot of questions yet to be answered. I just wondered who was convinced by what they've seen from us thus far, and who will take what they're seeing with a pinch of salt.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
We seem to have a ruthless streak going and I think we can play a lot better than we have so far. Our squad depth looks great and when players are getting a chance they look bang up for it. Young and Felli prime examples.

Our goal tally is probably a bit generous but we're finding the net now when last season we'd miss these chances. Let's hope we can beat the big teams who all have their own flaws right now.

OneUnited24

I do think a lot of people here arent giving enough credit to other teams. Bar West Ham (who were shocking) every team we've faced has had the intention of stopping us from playing. Usually by playing 5 at the back and hoping to get us on the break.

As soon as Swansea opened the game vs us we punished them. Against Leicester we were in complete control and probably should have scored more. Stoke i really feel like we should have beaten but defensive lapses cost us. Today was a bit like the Swansea game, even after we scored they seemed content with the same tactics... Personally i think it was a good move to sit back ourselves forcing Everton out - we had some good counters ourselves but failed to capitalise.

Dont get me wrong we need to improve in certain areas but the team is improving which is nice to see.

Womp

idiot
We look good, but so do City and to an extent Chelsea. So we'll have to see what happens

Natener

I was convinced before the season kicked off. I was also sure we won't see the best of performances and our true level until at least November. The results so far have been better than I expected but there is nothing deceiving about what we are capable of.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
it reminds me of every other Mourinho team bar Madrid, very solid defensively and powerful going forward.