[Poll] Are you convinced by us, or do you think we're flattering to deceive?

Are you convinced by us, or do you think we're flattering to deceive?

• Total voters

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
People are too one-sided.

Is it brilliant that we are on level points with City and have 16 points after 6 matches, yes, i don't think you're going to find a single Manchester United supporter who'll be unhappy about that.

Watford are level points with Liverpool and Tottenham for 4th..I'm sure they are well happy about that as well. Though i don't think they have any hopes of maintaining that...

And it's maintaining it that's the interesting bit, not how many points we have after 6 matches. If we're top of the league at the end of the season, i wouldn't be less bothered about how we played to get there, if every single match was like the one against Southampton, couldn't care less. Meanwhile, i'm going to say that i'm slightly skeptic that we'll maintain our points return if we continue to play like we did against Everton and Southampton for a long period of time, i think it's naive to believe it's something we can keep doing, that we can play that shit for the remaining 45 mins and get away with 3 points.

Very happy with our points and joint first place, less happy about the way we are currently playing.
People should listen to me more often.

Funny to see the amount of people say that there's no problems whatsoever because we're 2nd.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Voted flattering to deceive and that was we were smashing teams.
Same. It was very easy to see, but stat padding in early games have made some turning a blind eye to very obvious attacking problems. They existed last season and barely anything has changed.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
People should listen to me more often.

Funny to see the amount of people say that there's no problems whatsoever because we're 2nd.
If we continue like this they won't have that argument to latch onto anymore very very soon. It's like they have their fingers propped into their ears and are humming "lalalalalalalalala can't hear you lalalalalalalala" to the tune of mc hammer.

Eddy_JukeZ

I just knew our good start was a false dawn. Wanted to believe otherwise though.

I really think we played better football last season too.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
We played better attacking football last season, but Zlatan was missing chances at an incredible rate.
Not sure, he racked up a good amount of goals no? The best strikers miss good chances, Lukaku has missed a good number too.

Also I believe we played well and had a genuine reason to be upset at the bad finishing (that included Rashford's, not all on Zlatan) up to the turn of the year. From then on we played similar football to what we have been showing now (with the exception of playing Europa League dogshite like Anderlecht) in the league, very few chances.

Treble

Already Swansea away was a dull performance. The final result was utterly flattering. The only quality away performance so far was vs CSKA. They are Europa League quality though and have several ancient defenders.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Not sure, he racked up a good amount of goals no? The best strikers miss good chances, Lukaku has missed a good number too.

Also I believe we played well and had a genuine reason to be upset at the bad finishing (that included Rashford's, not all on Zlatan) up to the turn of the year. From then on we played similar football to what we have been showing now (with the exception of playing Europa League dogshite like Anderlecht) in the league, very few chances.
His percentage of big chances missed was way above any other player.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Voted flattering to deceive and that was we were smashing teams.
Same. Some people are just very blinded by stat padded results. E.g. adding a few goals once Everton had given up. At no point in this season were we truly convincing.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Same. It was very easy to see, but stat padding in early games have made some turning a blind eye to very obvious attacking problems. They existed last season and barely anything has changed.
Wow, this makes me day. Me almost on the same of the professor ;)

dichinero

Remember the good old 6th run?

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
No to megathreads but the question posed by this thread clearly asks for a revisioning in the future when we know more.

Well we have our answer. Just like last year we took advantage of a combination of easy early fixtures and also somehow got points whilst playing ugly. Now finally we are getting the results that reflect our football.

Unfortunately I was right, again.