[POLL] How many goals will Rooney score this season overall?

How many goals will Rooney score this season?

• 0-5

• 6-10

• 11-15

• 16-20

• 21-25

• 25+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Rooney was always a willing assister from the start of his career, and I have a feeling that Memphis will score quite a few from his passes.

Blatzo

I get the impression our overall success this season will correlate quite significantly with Rooney's.

He gets a lot of stick for the times when he looks off the pace or out of form but an on form Rooney can change games. In fact, there has been times when an out of sorts Rooney has popped up and scored important goals. We're not going to outperform every team in every game this season. There are going to be times when we have to grind out a win (or a draw) and Rooney is the kind of player who can be a talisman in those moments.

Hopefully with a supporting cast that has been added significantly this summer he can go on to have his best season yet at united.

Fingers crossed.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
About 15 goals, think he will further decline this season and next summer we will discuss his replacement (seriously, not the usual Rooney is shit-bitching). Still think we will ok because Memphis and Pedro will score for fun too :)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm expecting 15 league goals from Rooney, wouldn't be too much to ask?

stevoc

I have a condition called unsuccessful irony, should've gone with white text first time :D

Actually I rate Rooney as very good player, he should easily hit 20 goals mark IF played only as striker, not messing him around the pitch as usual.

But there's too many people on this site acting as he's some kind of pub player stealing living from United so tried to be ironic, just it didn't work :lol:
Doh! sorry mate i thought you were serious.

With the outrageous shit posted on here about Rooney it's hard to tell sometimes. I mean look at the poll some crazy bastards actually believe he will only score 0-5 which is mental.

stevoc

Definitely not thats a good estimate of how much he will probably score in the league. If we do well and progress in the cups i reckon he could add 5-10 cup goals to that.

Bocca9978

With him playing upfront and injury free all season that needs to be the minimum really.
Be interesting come January if he only has 6-8.

Rich_H_1989

lost in a street fight to van gaal
I reckon about 20 in the league and 5-10 in other competitions depending on how well we do. He's proven before you can put him up top and he'll score goals. For me it takes a bit way from him and as captain I'm not sure about it but he will get the goals. Over his career he's pretty much always scored over 10 without ever actually being the main striker (bar the one when he scored over 30 goals).

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
Doh! sorry mate i thought you were serious.

With the outrageous shit posted on here about Rooney it's hard to tell sometimes. I mean look at the poll some crazy bastards actually believe he will only score 0-5 which is mental.
My fault.

I did vote 0-5, just to go along with the (bad) joke :D

Although expect at least 20 goals from him, and he's more than capable of doing it playing constantly up-front.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
I get the impression our overall success this season will correlate quite significantly with Rooney's.

He gets a lot of stick for the times when he looks off the pace or out of form but an on form Rooney can change games. In fact, there has been times when an out of sorts Rooney has popped up and scored important goals. We're not going to outperform every team in every game this season. There are going to be times when we have to grind out a win (or a draw) and Rooney is the kind of player who can be a talisman in those moments.

Hopefully with a supporting cast that has been added significantly this summer he can go on to have his best season yet at united.

Fingers crossed.
Not in the last few seasons there hasn't. Well maybe once or twice but that would apply to every player playing the amount of games he does. He only won us the Villa game last season that I can remember.

Blatzo

Not in the last few seasons there hasn't. Well maybe once or twice but that would apply to every player playing the amount of games he does. He only won us the Villa game last season that I can remember.
I'm sure you'd agree that this season is a whole different prospect to the previous two? I feel like this year it's going to be a case of how far can we actually go as to whether or not we can scrape a Champions League place. The difference in focus combined with the likelihood that Rooney will be playing further forward will surely be factors in his overall performance?