[Poll] If allowed 1 big signing do you choose RW/Bale or CM/Savic,Verratti,Kovacic

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Much appreciate if mods could add a poll.

Just curious to see as to what people would prefer if United are able to get 1 marquee signing done:

would you rather it be at RW to get a game breaking talent in Bale for a lethal attack or at CM such as SMS/Verratti/Kovacic for a completely rock solid midfield?

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— Bale

—————— Pogba
——— Matic ——— Fred

vs.

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— ??

—————— Pogba
——— Fred —— SMS/Verratti/Kovacic

...pick your remedy...a dynamic attack which is a recipe for success or a midfield which can boss games and is also another recipe for success...

I’d go for the midfield fix personally.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
Our big name signings are very hit and miss so I'm not too fussed.

Regarding Bale, his quality was never in question. The question mark is his injury record and his desire to be here. Him having a great CL final does not address either point.

Hojoon

Bale, assuming Fred is as good as some people say. He is a ridiculous player and his position and role exists in our team.

manunited1919

Just curious to see as to what people would prefer if United are able to get 1 marquee signing done:

would you rather it be at RW to get a game breaking talent in Bale for a lethal attack or at CM such as SMS/Verratti/Kovacic for a completely rock solid midfield?

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— Bale

—————— Pogba
——— Matic ——— Fred

vs.

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— ??

—————— Pogba

...pick your remedy...a dynamic attack which is a recipe for success or a midfield which can boss games and is also another recipe for success...

I would like to see us get an attacker, but don’t want Bale, as he seems too high a risk due to his injury record. But Ed seems to need these high profile signings...

Fer

Verratti as SMS cost around 100m each... Madrid will ask 120m+ for Bale (plus high wages).

I would prefer Thiago and Mahrez.

But if we sign Fred and he is a top CM. Then an attacker like Dybala/Griezmann/Eriksen/Bale would be better.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Salah for the right-wing - Messi’s getting a little too old now :D

Usually I’d go for strengthening the midfield, but given the state of our attacking as a team then filling the right-wing is more pressing I think. I’ve never been the biggest Bale fan (though he has recently won me over :lol:) but someone of that reputation on the right might improve our scoring from the few chances we do create that will make a lot of difference for us.

slir32

Bale at the right price. Otherwise boost up the midfield even more with another quality signing someone who can play in Matic position.

Bogga

Bale has the ability to be a game changer... Veratti and SMS are both awesome players but I don't see them as game changers. The injury record that Bale has is worrying though

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Well since we have fred, our midfield is going to be mostly fine imo. And even though someone like Kovacic would be class and more long term, there isnt a single signing that would improve us more or be more noticeable then a right winger. Mata and Lingard are trash on the right, so we need that fixed. Bale, injuries permitting, would make pretty much the biggest difference to our team out of anyone realistic in any way, firstly because our RW is our weakest position in our squad, and 2nd because of our play style creates very little chances so having someone who scores out of nowhere would be a big help for us.

SpyLuke10

If I could get some kind of mythical guarantee that Bale would have a perfect injury record at United and be fit for every game then easily Bale. Not even close. But the fact is he is only ever fit enough to play every second game on average.

Given Bale's injury issues I'd pick Milinkovic-Savic.

EDIT: Bale would need to be match fit for 80% or more of our games for it to be worth getting him imo.

Fer

If we spend 100m-150m on a top player...

Who would you prefer between: Bale, Griezmann, Dybala and Eriksen?

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
RW, but I'm worried about the insane money we'll need to spend on Bale versus the likelihood of it being an underwhelming/failed transfer.

RoyH1

Midfield. Madrid, Juventus, Bayern, the teams that have dominated Europe have their strength coming from their depth and industry in midfield.

Marcky411

NO Bale, far to injury prone (we don't need an extremely expensive Jones) and very overrated, has moments of greatness but blows more cold than hot. Savic promising talent has had one great season, Pogba was also great in Italy but has been mostly piss poor for Utd. Eriksen is going nowhere.
I would say Griezmann, hard working great footballer, would suit Jose style of football and can scores goals, has been doing it for the past so many years, no one season wonder.

Jev

Bale is one of those special players who can decide matches and elevate a team to a new level on his individual skills alone. That's why you pay top dollar for forwards like him
It's a no-brainer.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we are getting a decent attacking LB, then SMS. Otherwise Bale.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bale

or any RW for that matter over a CM

cyril C

Ericksen would be my choice.
Highly unlikely particularly no-one would like to deal with Spurs. But I see your point and I agree so. We need someone to control tempo and make the lethal passing, which we are not getting from Pogba nor Mata nor Herrera. Anyone who can fulfil this role please.

Sigma

RW is the priority and has been for quite a few seasons now.

cyril C

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— Bale

—————— Pogba
——— Matic ——— Fred

vs.

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— ??

—————— Pogba

————— Lukaku
Alexis ———————— Bale

—————— Pogba

IMO this is probably the worst possible combination. All want the ball, all want to dribble, no-one want to pass it 1st time. If Sanchez + Pogba was nightmare, ++ Bale can only get worse. What is worse than nightmare?

CM

Right wing, easily. That position has needed addressing for about 3 or 4 seasons now, we're well stocked in midfield by comparison.