[Poll] If allowed 1 big signing do you choose RW/Bale or CM/Savic,Verratti,Kovacic

manunited1919

Highly unlikely particularly no-one would like to deal with Spurs. But I see your point and I agree so. We need someone to control tempo and make the lethal passing, which we are not getting from Pogba nor Mata nor Herrera. Anyone who can fulfil this role please.
I agree Eriksen isn’t looking like making a move. But he only has 2 years left on his contract. If United offered him a salary if £250k a week, his head could be turned. BTW, £250k a week is only a fraction of Bale’s current salary.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bale would elevate the team from the current position of good to great in an instant.

---------------DDG-----------------
Valencia---Bailly---Smalling---Sandro
--------------Matic----------------
----------Fred----Pogba------------
----Bale---------------- Sanchez---
-------------Lukaku----------------

Bench: Martial, Rashford, Jones, Dallot, Mctominay, Lindelof, Romero

This team has all necessary ingredients required to mount a title challenge. If Woody could somehow make this happen, he'd deserve his very own statue outside OT.

Alfie092

Bale without a doubt, at his best he is arguably one of the top 5 attacking players in the world. He also fills in a problem position of ours and has been for several years now.

Main issue is his injury record, if we can get around 40 games from him then it would be worth the punt. Doesn't turn 29 till July, so we would still get around 4, maybe 5 years from him at a good level.

Fred, Matic and Pogba on paper is a very good midfield and is an improvement from last season. Would still need to sign another midfielder for squad depth, unless we give Fosu-Mensah and/or Pereira a chance in midfield.

Toad

I think the midfield option would be ideal because they would completely control games. But under Mourinho the only logical choice is a RW because Matic is going to be a regular starter and with Fred already signed, one of the two top midfielders (Pogba, Fred, SMS/Verratti) with not start anyway

MUFC OK

Probably Bale, but I feel that SMS is the real deal. However I'm currently obsessed with the idea of upgrading our fullbacks above all else.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
This poll is a bit of a bitch to be honest. We need guy like Bale because Mata as much as we love him dropped a ball on the right somewhat visibly, Savic just like Bale despite being a typical CM would add both assists and goals that would also help close that gap to City. World class experience and leadership in defense could minimalise goals and push the pressure off our defensive line into opponent's half, so perhaps a cracking defender is some sort of antidote too. When we talk about big signing, it's probably Bale who fits that bracket bit more than rising star as Sergej.

Hard choice really, we need some catching up to do, especially in CL, so gonna go with Welshman. Our set pieces would significantly improve with him, not to mention accurate crossing percentage.

Josep Dowling

Bale, Bale and Bale!!!

We have been desperate for a RW since Ronaldo left. That’s 9 years ago now. I cannot believe it’s a position that is being ignored season after season.

Valencia ends up having to defend and be our attacking threat on that side.

It's between Verratti and Bale without a doubt. I'm leaning towards towards Verratti mainly beause he will give us balance, he's younger and less injury prone.

Coops73

If we hadn’t signed Fred I’d of said Verratti. With that in mind I’d go with Bale.

cyril C

I agree Eriksen isn’t looking like making a move. But he only has 2 years left on his contract. If United offered him a salary if £250k a week, his head could be turned. BTW, £250k a week is only a fraction of Bale’s current salary.
Is there better alternative? Someone like Modric but 5 years younger. Advantage of Modric (equivalent) is that he plays further back hence doesn't conflict with Pogba. Fred doesn't appear to be a passer to me.

Trizy

We don't need a marquee signing.

Willian
Fred
Sandro
Dalot
Toby
CM (young sub)

All players are under 50m and would improve us massively in their respected positions. City proved you don't need a marquee signing in each position.

cyril C

I think the midfield option would be ideal because they would completely control games. But under Mourinho the only logical choice is a RW because Matic is going to be a regular starter and with Fred already signed, one of the two top midfielders (Pogba, Fred, SMS/Verratti) with not start anyway
Sorry your logic is misleading. Matic always starts but he can't play 50 games a season, which is what we typically have. Let's say he starts 35 games a season. For 30 games a season we would typically play 4231, so Pogba/Fred/Herrera/Verratti need to fight for that 2nd spot, which is precisely what we need. On the other 20 games we would typically play 433, which I assume they are big games, hence Matic always start, so should Pogba. Fred/Herrera/Verratti need to fight for the 3rd spot. Using my ratio of formation, there are 30X2 + 20X3 = 120 starting appearance for MF. Assuming Matic pocket 35, and there are 85 divided between Pogba, Fred, Herrera and Verratti. If Pogba puts his act together he might also get 35, then Herrera probably get the short straw.

Personally I have no regret on Herrera or Pogba, both have been given plenty of chances. McTom might get a few odd games here and there but he is still young and can go on loan. Mata is the odd man out, about time he moves on.

rotherham_red

CM all day long. The market for a quality right wing option is threadbare and tbh I'd rather have Sanchez/Martial there than anyone who could possibly come in.

Mainoldo

RW so Bale. After that Verratti. The others aren’t big signings!

Toad

Sorry your logic is misleading. Matic always starts but he can't play 50 games a season, which is what we typically have. Let's say he starts 35 games a season. For 30 games a season we would typically play 4231, so Pogba/Fred/Herrera/Verratti need to fight for that 2nd spot, which is precisely what we need. On the other 20 games we would typically play 433, which I assume they are big games, hence Matic always start, so should Pogba. Fred/Herrera/Verratti need to fight for the 3rd spot. Using my ratio of formation, there are 30X2 + 20X3 = 120 starting appearance for MF. Assuming Matic pocket 35, and there are 85 divided between Pogba, Fred, Herrera and Verratti. If Pogba puts his act together he might also get 35, then Herrera probably get the short straw.

Personally I have no regret on Herrera or Pogba, both have been given plenty of chances. McTom might get a few odd games here and there but he is still young and can go on loan. Mata is the odd man out, about time he moves on.
Looking at it a bit more in depth than I did originally - Fred has been bought to challenge Matic and let Matic have a bit more rest time time as he can’t play that many games per season and Mourinho has realised this. I think they will get an even amount of game time between them but I imagine Matic will start the big games. There is a possibility that Matic may ONLY be used for the big games I.e. top 4, Champs, cup final stages. So indeed Fred would get game time.

Fellaini is also (possibly) departing so that frees up some game time.

I think McTominay definitely needs a premier league loan, whether that will happen or not, I don’t know. As for Herrera, the game time will be minimal like last season. I think it works out he played 18 games worth of minutes last season and if he wants to stay he will have to accept this or challenge for a place.

There is a possibility for Pogba to be pushed up a bit into the 10 role if we have a more compitant midfield behind him or a few games. I think he will be great there.

Maybe my logic is a bit off but it was a rushed post based on a quick analysis.

Back to the main subject though, we do not have a proper RW. But is it going to help us with the same midfield? Mourinho should know that answer :p

Todd

Out of all players linked to us so far, I'd take Bale before anyone. If we can't make that happen, Sandro would be my next choice.

Zlatattack

RW - clear as day. Bale at RW means we finally get attacks down the right, which means we are not as one dimensional as we are and much more difficult to defend against.

RedDevil@84

I am not sure if we could get Fred Pogba and another midfielder all in and then have Matic and Herrera as well. I don't feel Mou will get rid of Matic so fast.
Anyways, if I was forced to make a choice it would be not Bale every time. Heavily overpriced, on huge wages and still only 1 season without a lot of injuries in recent times. Sorry too high a risk and not worth the money in my opinion, regardless of whatever performance he produces in a rare CL final.
I would rather use the summer to psyce Sanchez to play on RW and then play Rashford/Martial on the left.

Sterling Archer

I think the guy put [poll] in the hope the admins add one, but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen 5 other threads like this so they’re not bothering :lol:
:lol:

I keep opening this thread just so I can vote...pages keep growing with the same exact back and forth, squad lineups like a dozen other threads as you say. For some reason i keep checking. Im amused .