POLL: Next manager after LVG

Next manager post LVG

• Total voters

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really can't see past Guardiola. Failing that, De Boer. The foundations and philosophy will [hopefully] be laid by the time van Gaal's tenure is over.

Member 5225

Really can't see past Guardiola. Failing that, De Boer. The foundations and philosophy will [hopefully] be laid by the time van Gaal's tenure is over.
ok added him to the poll for you

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Klopp. Would much rather play more direct, counter attacking football ahead of endless possession football. Just prefer seeing quicker, counter attacking and more direct football which is more exciting rather then then calm appreciation for good quality possession football. Both are good to watch, but I just prefer to see Klopp's style at United.

Raw

I mean again, it's difficult to say because of the availability of the managers. If we're disregarding all that then Guardiola for me.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
No Guardioa please. I might just about explode if I see more of this pointless possession.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Wouldn't mind Pochettino or Klopp if we can't get Jose, Ancelotti or Guardiola.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Klopp. Would much rather play more direct, counter attacking football ahead of endless possession football. Just prefer seeing quicker, counter attacking and more direct football which is more exciting rather then then calm appreciation for good quality possession football. Both are good to watch, but I just prefer to see Klopp's style at United.
It'd be pretty counter-productive to watch the team grow in ability with playing under pressure, CB's being competent on the ball, mastering controlling games etc... To replace it with gung-ho counter attacking football. Assuming van Gaal's tenure ends successfully.

Truedevil

And how exactly do we get Mourinho from Chelsea? Or Ancelotti from Real? Quite a few pointless options.

Dunk

Body language expert
Klopp is genuinely an awful choice, just terrible.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Tough one. I would vote Mourinho, but I can't see him leaving Chelsea now, for us

Although I am sick of this possession based football under LvG, it can work, it just needs more urgency, so for that reason, I have chosen Pep.
Ancelotti was a close one though considering his brand of football at Real Madrid, the counter attack is always attractive to watch

Donut

Why have Mourinho in the poll? He'd be everyone's first choice, but it just cannot happen anymore, we fecked it up when we got Moyes instead of Mou.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It'd be pretty counter-productive to watch the team grow in ability with playing under pressure, CB's being competent on the ball, mastering controlling games etc... To replace it with gung-ho counter attacking football. Assuming van Gaal's tenure ends successfully.
Well I do think Van Gaals stay will be good for us long term even if it is for 1, 2 or 3 seasons. Just so long as we don't go into a full long ball mode. But making the players more calm under pressure and make more intelligent choices with the ball can work whatever the style. Bayern after Van Gaal left brought in Heynckes, and while they did play a lot of possession stuff, it was still a good blend of possession and counter attacking with pace and they could easily switch from one to the other. Don't think we'd just be purely counter attacking with Klopp, think he'd be more adaptable then just sticking with one style regardless of opponents.

Zoo

Why have Mourinho in the poll? He'd be everyone's first choice, but it just cannot happen anymore, we fecked it up when we got Moyes instead of Mou.
Mourinho wouldn't be my first choice. I'd want him nowhere near the club.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
This is it. I truly believe Mourinho would have picked us over anybody else at the time. With the Fergie Mourinho relationship it could have been a done deal very early on.

I just think it was always going to be Moyes though. The perfect successor. Scottish like Fergie, and willing to stay at one club for many years. Uniteds minds where made up years before

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I could see Pep leaving Bayern after his contract expires (in 2016 that is?!) and then taking over after another break.
Van Gaal and his philosophy probably lay a good foundation for him and I have a hard time imagining Pep at Chelsea or City.

Klopp's contract runs until 2018 and I can't see him breaking it..
Ancelotti would be an obvious/safe choice too.

red_devil83

The only likely ones are Klopp or Ancelotti imo. On that basis I voted Klopp.

pascell

Gary Neville for me. He's analysed how we play every week, knows what we lack and how the improvements should be made. We need passion from the bench also, Giggs I'd have as his no.2. Between them they have 40+ years of PL and CL experience, know that youth are important to how United set up.

Between them, they will know how to set up the defence and attack. We may also look to the likes of Meulensteen/Scholes for technical drills. They both also know the pressure that comes as part of the job with United and won't flake and come up with pointless counter arguments in press conferences. I'd imagine the fans would be at full voice each home/away game also.

The transfer side, I'd install a DoF to ensure we capture the players we need.

JON.B

Sloop
How is Neville even an option if people think that giving it to Giggs is such a bad idea?

I'd completely forgotten about De Boer.

Truedevil

Well you never know what could happen in the next 3 years (that's implying LVG does stay for 3 years).
I just realized OP might have meant next manager after LvG is done with his job(rumoured 3 years) and not "who is going to be the new manager after we sack LvG on Summer".

Yeah in that case it should definitely be Mourinho or Ancelotti:)

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Like him, a calming influence. I like Klopp but he is as nuts as LvG.
Ancelotti is the house where the owner just refurbished the bathrooms and kitchen; Klopp is the project property at which you want to knock down a wall to increase natural daylight.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Guardiola or Ancelotti, though neither of them will be available.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ancelotti is the house where the owner just refurbished the bathrooms and kitchen; Klopp is the project property at which you want to knock down a wall to increase natural daylight.
Did you just compare people to buildings? :houllier:

legball

Gary Neville, Giggs, Fecking Koeman, De Boer, seriously? Give me a break lads, am tired of this BS. :lol: