POLL: Next manager after LVG

Next manager post LVG

• Total voters

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Pep would be the ideal candidate, for me. But I reckon the squad would need to be much stronger to entice him.

I really like Pochetinno, but he'd have to win something with Tottenham first before I'd consider him.

Trizy

Pep, even if he plays some boring possession play at times at least it looks good compared to LVG's very of possession.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Mourinho if Abramovich goes crazy and sack him, Ancelotti if Perez goes crazy and sack him (a little more likely), Simeone and we just throw cash his way.

saivet

1. Pep
2. Mourinho (never gonna happen)
3. Ancelotti
4. Simeone
5. Klopp

The others, I either wouldn't want or just don't know enough about them. Even though I've put them in order, I'd be very happy with any of these guys, though a little worried if it was Klopp.

m1y2

How is Neville even an option if people think that giving it to Giggs is such a bad idea?

I'd completely forgotten about De Boer.
simply because Nevs showed good brain analysing matches on Sky. Giggs is a good persona but who knows how tactically acknowledged he is. In two games he played Young and Valencia IRC, also two youngsters Lawrence and Willo but who knows what can you expect of him and his philosophy. Gary showed he is clever enough to succeed but we will see. I would want him rather as assistant than Manager..

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Gary Neville for me. He's analysed how we play every week, knows what we lack and how the improvements should be made. We need passion from the bench also, Giggs I'd have as his no.2. Between them they have 40+ years of PL and CL experience, know that youth are important to how United set up.

Between them, they will know how to set up the defence and attack. We may also look to the likes of Meulensteen/Scholes for technical drills. They both also know the pressure that comes as part of the job with United and won't flake and come up with pointless counter arguments in press conferences. I'd imagine the fans would be at full voice each home/away game also.

The transfer side, I'd install a DoF to ensure we capture the players we need.
A novice, gobby manager. :nervous:

DomesticTadpole

simply because Nevs showed good brain analysing matches on Sky. Giggs is a good persona but who knows how tactically acknowledged he is. In two games he played Young and Valencia IRC, also two youngsters Lawrence and Willo but who knows what can you expect of him and his philosophy. Gary showed he is clever enough to succeed but we will see. I would want him rather as assistant than Manager..
We analyse the games well on here, but I wouldn't want any of us as manager.

manutddjw

If I could have anyone of my choosing be our manager, it would be Mourinho.

Fair enough his sides don't play the most entertaining football, but I'd argue his sides have played better football than we have in the last few years. And yes he's a prick, but I'd go out on a limb and suggest if he were our manager we'd be lapping up the things he says like the Chelsea fans do now.

The biggest mistake we made was not getting him when we had the chance. We can on about stability, but where else would he go? Serie A and Ligue 1 are a second tier league, Real and Barcelona wouldn't have him, I doubt he manages Portugal in the future unless they unearth another Ronaldo. Bayern maybe, but he seems to love the Premier League.

DomesticTadpole

If I could have anyone of my choosing be our manager, it would be Mourinho.

Fair enough his sides don't play the most entertaining football, but I'd argue his sides have played better football than we have in the last few years. And yes he's a prick, but I'd go out on a limb and suggest if he were our manager we'd be lapping up the things he says like the Chelsea fans do now.

The biggest mistake we made was not getting him when we had the chance. We can on about stability, but where else would he go? Serie A and Ligue 1 are a second tier league, Real and Barcelona wouldn't have him, I doubt he manages Portugal in the future unless they unearth another Ronaldo. Bayern maybe, but he seems to love the Premier League.
We went on about stability, yet we now have a manager who is only a short term fix.

Revan

Assumptionman
No Guardioa please. I might just about explode if I see more of this pointless possession.
Since when making arguably the strongest team of all time and dominating every match for 4 years is being labelled as pointless possession.

Just to be clear, I don't fancy that brand of football too. But if it is succesful cannot be pointless.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Guardiola plays very good possession football, it is superior to LVG's in every way. Instead of passing the ball back to the goalkeeper ever 2 minutes, Guardiola pins the opposition back for pretty much the whole game creating openings and chances.

Ringo 07

Either Pep of Klopp would be very likable and both play a modern breathtaking at times version of football that would suit this club. They were the kind of managers we should have appointed when Fergie retired but the club were looking to maximize profits and fancied hiring a manager who would not only be a 'Yes' man but who would be very careful about spending so Moyes made the Glazers hard. That's why we are in this mess that could actually spiral out of control.

Ancelotti and Pochettino would both also be outstanding choices. Beyond those 4 in this moment I think we'd be wasting our time with anyone else. Simeone is good but doesn't speak English and will probably end up at City eventually. I just can't see him coming here for some reason. But I am still quietly confident that Van Gaal can eventually get us back to being a top 4 team with a successful spending spree on about 4 top players this summer...I can't see a top 4 finish come the end of this season though

Last edited:

Will Singh

Based my choice on 2 things 1) must be a experienced manager with a proven track record, 2) must have PL experience other wise just keep LVG! So it has to be Mourinho for me because he has both them qualities to be a PL manager.

Interesting Guardiola is winning the poll, do people think that Tica Taca will work in the PL?

SonnyTheHaloPro

Either Pep of Klopp would be very likable and both play a modern breathtaking at times version of football that would suit this club. They were the kind of managers we should have appointed when Fergie retired but the club were looking to maximize profits and fancied hiring a manager who would not only be a 'Yes' man but who would be very careful about spending so Moyes made the Glazers hard. That's why we are in this mess that could actually spiral out of control.

Ancelotti and Pochettino would both also be outstanding choices. Beyond those 4 in this moment I think we'd be wasting our time with anyone else. Simeone is good but doesn't speak English and will probably end up at City eventually. I just can't see him coming here for some reason. But I am still quietly confident that Van Gaal can eventually get us back to being a top 4 team with a successful spending spree on about 4 top players this summer...I can't see a top 4 finish come the end of this season
Wow, So to get top 4 he needs to spend more money on players in the summer? What a terrible manager.

DomesticTadpole

Based my choice on 2 things 1) must be a experienced manager with a proven track record, 2) must have PL experience other wise just keep LVG! So it has to be Mourinho for me because he has both them qualities to be a PL manager.

Interesting Guardiola is winning the poll, do people think that Tica Taca will work in the PL?
Ancelotti has PL experience remember.

SonnyTheHaloPro

Yes it can and will work in the premier league. Tica Taca is very different to the shite we serve up.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Fergusson to return at the end of the season and manage us until he dies.

legball

That idiotic decision to appoint Moyes........I can't help going back to it every time.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Klopp, Simeone or Guardiola.

Ancelotti not sure, great manager, but league record is poor and doesn't have a good record at bringing through youth as far as I know. Tactically also a bit naive at times. Having said that he has a lot of points in his favour as well and would be ideal if the other three aren't available.

Ringo 07

Wow, So to get top 4 he needs to spend more money on players in the summer? What a terrible manager.
most definitely...it's the most unbalanced Utd team I have ever seen in the 30 years I have been supporting them..we have too many good players that play the same role in some positions and mid-table players on world class salaries in other positions....we are 4 players short from looking like a team as balanced as Liverpool or Spurs currently even though we have far superior players to those teams in certain positions

DomesticTadpole

Klopp, Simeone or Guardiola.

Ancelotti not sure, great manager, but league record is poor and doesn't have a good record at bringing through youth as far as I know. Tactically also a bit naive at times. Having said that he has a lot of points in his favour as well and would be ideal if the other three aren't available.
It's this bringing through youth stuff. I hate it that we have to bring youth through even if they aren't actually very good. Because it is a club tradition. Maybe we should be looking at our academy and youth/scouting system. Why some look great prospects and then stall once they get to the age they should be in the first team. A couple of good games and they are world beaters, when actually they are average.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
So a bad 6 months negates everything he's done in the last 5 years? Also they've just won 3 games in a row and are now 10 points off a champions league place with 14 games left.
On the first point, no it doesn't. But a failure to plan for the future has led to his current mess I would think. Your second point can be used either for or against... lies damned lies and statistics. ... if LVG was 10 points off the CL at this stage this place would be burning effergies

DomesticTadpole

On the first point, no it doesn't. But a failure to plan for the future has led to his current mess I would think. Your second point can be used either for or against... lies damned lies and statistics. ... if LVG was 10 points off the CL at this stage this place would be burning effergies
It doesn't help when they sell you're best players from under you more often than not. He has done well to sustain their success.

pacifictheme

Shocked more people haven't voted Ancelotti. He was my choice to take over last summer. if Real had failed to win the CL final I think he'd have been sacked and we would have employed him. In my opinion that is why the LVG took so long to finalise.

SonnyTheHaloPro

We lost a game not the entire season, let's keep faith in the club to the final game.
We just lost to a team that got smashed 5-0 at home not long ago. They also lost their best player in the January transfer window, but of course we bring ourself to a even worse level than them. The amount off points we've gifted these awful teams this season is shocking.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
We just lost to a team that got smashed 5-0 at home not long ago. They also lost their best player in the January transfer window, but of course we bring ourself to a even worse level than them. The amount off points we've gifted these awful teams this season is shocking.
Were we at a 'worse level' though? By all accounts we played quite well today...