POLL: Next manager after LVG

Next manager post LVG

• Total voters

Akshay

Staff
My choice is Pep, but I think in order to get him we have to prioritize him a little. I think he likes to know about his next job in advance so he can prepare and will do things on his own schedule. If we're not flexible, we won't get him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Pep is my dream successor to van Gaal. Ancelotti would be my 2nd choice and Simeone my 3rd choice.

Giggs shouldn't be handed the job off being a United legend on the pitch and being LvG's assistant for a few seasons. I just don't think it's worth the risk.

Varun

Staff
My choice is Pep, but I think in order to get him we have to prioritize him a little. I think he likes to know about his next job in advance so he can prepare and will do things on his own schedule. If we're not flexible, we won't get him.
Yup. Unfortunately, I think City have done this already.

Andy_Cole

Changed my vote to Pep. We have to get him at all costs. Can't get Giggs whilst our rivals are all getting the best.

Yup. Unfortunately, I think City have done this already.
Why though? There's no reports saying that's the case? In fact there's just as many reports out there staying he wants a historic club, like the one a few pages ago?
I think it's just the pessimist in you.

Varun

Staff
Changed my vote to Pep. We have to get him at all costs. Can't get Giggs whilst our rivals are all getting the best.

Why though? There's no reports saying that's the case? In fact there's just as many reports out there staying he wants a historic club, like the one a few pages ago?
I think it's just the pessimist in you.
Mainly because of the relationship he was with the guys at City which go back to his days at Barca. There were reports that they kept Pellegrini on because Guardiola had agreed to take over end of this season.

EDIT: Also because I believe Giggs will take over from LVG.

Andy_Cole

Mainly because of the relationship he was with the guys at City which go back to his days at Barca. There were reports that they kept Pellegrini on because Guardiola had agreed to take over end of this season.

EDIT: Also because I believe Giggs will take over from LVG.
Yeh I've heard he has a 'relationship' with City. Maybe I've missed those reports. Do you have any reading for myself regarding this?

Varun

Staff
Yeh I've heard he has a 'relationship' with City. Maybe I've missed those reports. Do you have any reading for myself regarding this?
Mainly because of their sporting director, txiki begiristain. Ex Barca man who was there when Pep managed them.

Di Marzio has said that Guardiola has given City his word. Even Pellegrini while extending his contract said every team wants Pep and he's linked more to City because of Tixi etc.

Just google Pep and City if you want to read articles.

Revan

Assumptionman
If Pep has given the word to City, and we haven't even contacted him, then first thing we should do is to schedule a collective brain scan to our board members.

Anyway, with him not possible (assuming that Di Marzio is right) and Klopp at Liverpool, then the only remaining world class managers are Mourinho, Ancelotti and Simeone. We should do everything in our power to get one of those three. My current preference might be Ancelotti, but it is still quite close.

Pep should have definitely been a priority since the moment we hired Van Gaal. Not only that he is already one of the best managers of all time despite being only 44, but he also is a natural successor to Van Gaal.

Akshay

Staff
Mainly because of their sporting director, txiki begiristain. Ex Barca man who was there when Pep managed them.

Di Marzio has said that Guardiola has given City his word. Even Pellegrini while extending his contract said every team wants Pep and he's linked more to City because of Tixi etc.

Just google Pep and City if you want to read articles.
Tbf I remember those rumours being in full force in 2012 as well when Txixi joined City and Pep was on his sabbatical. The claim was that Txixi had come to City to prepare the squad for Pep's arrival next season. Then he went to Bayern instead. Press rumours are just that.

Varun

Staff
Tbf I remember those rumours being in full force in 2012 as well when Txixi joined City and Pep was on his sabbatical. The claim was that Txixi had come to City to prepare the squad for Pep's arrival next season. Then he went to Bayern instead. Press rumours are just that.
I certainly hope so but Di Marzio saying it doesnt fill me with much confidence.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Guardiola will join City in the summer. Unless we sack LVG at the end of the season we won't even be in the running for his signature.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
We seem to have ended up in some kinda managerial twilight zone after SAF's retirement. None of the top managers, except possibly Mourinho, has been available at the right time. Klopp to Liverpool is bad enough, but Pep to City is a complete disaster.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Guardiola will join City in the summer. Unless we sack LVG at the end of the season we won't even be in the running for his signature.
If City win the league, like I think they will do, will they sack Pellegrini. He has a contract till 2017.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The next United manager?

Rooney!

He is smart and he has learned a lot from SAF, LVG, Moyes, Hodgson, Capelo, etc

And the CAF meltdown would be such fun!...
many will scoff at this and I dont know if you are serious. But I would not rule him out as a future manager.

For now I am more and more convinced it will be Giggs. Not my choice. Someone who has had no previous managment experince to head the biggest football club in the world...our club. scares me. But the owners and the board obviously have seen things none of us has.

EDIT: I would personally prefer Simeone. He is a hard worker, smart and has the passion.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I'd love Pep, he's all passion and fire combined with intelligence. Don't think we are going to get him though so went with Giggsy.

Member 5225

Agreed that all signs point to a Pep at City union.
However why would they give Pelligrini a new contract (recently)?