[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddy_JukeZ

I like Poch, but I have reservations as to whether or not Spurs are that easy on the eye enough. It is an improvement on Jose for sure, but does watching Spurs really set the heart racing? For me Favre's Dortmund side is much more aesthetically pleasing.
Spurs have only scored 2 more goals than us this season so far(with Kane in their team) in the league.

Their goal tallies have declined season by season since 2016-2017.

Whoscored has us taking .1 more shots per game. Our passing success is better by .2% for the season.

Record against the big 6 this season has them at 2 wins and 3 losses.

I just don't see Poch as this standout candidate like some do.

izec

Poch will get beaten by Favre's Dortmund in the CL and the tune will change. Dortmund are losing tonight, but i expect them to progress against Spurs. I just hope the club do it right this time with all the resources they have to find the right guy. Just because most on here want Poch, doesnt mean he should be the favourite for the club.

Canagel

I like Poch, but I have reservations as to whether or not Spurs are that easy on the eye enough. It is an improvement on Jose for sure, but does watching Spurs really set the heart racing? For me Favre's Dortmund side is much more aesthetically pleasing.
Pochettino's biggest strength is in his development of players. When it comes to attacking football I wouldn't put him at the top.

crossy1686

career ending
Had a shower thought before.

I think Madrid have caused the sacking of Mourinho today through chaos theory, hear me out.

Zidane resigns from Madrid > Madrid pursue Poch, he doesn't want to leave YET > Madrid hire Lopetegui instead > Mourinho starts having a melt down, poor start to the season > Lopetegui gets fired > Madrid ask about Poch again, not interested in moving mid-season > Madrid hire a caretaker manager for the season to appoint a perm in the summer > Mourinho goes batshit and season goes from bad to worse > Madrid get in contact with Poch's people again about becoming the Madrid manager in the summer > we get wind, sack Jose, for many reasons, this included > now we start making contact with Poch's people about him becoming the United manager in the summer

vivaronaldo

would like to see poch but again whoever they decide on , give him 3 seasons ,back him in the window and lets see if we are progressing ....

in 3 seasons jose had us going backwards fast - the extension goes down as the dumbest move made by this inept board

Alabaster Codify7

It'll be Zidane or Pochettino.

The young managers outside the PL without major honours won't be considered, unfortunately. Ed will go for one of this pair, hard. I'd obviously prefer Poch. But Zidane is out of contract....

FlapR

Is it just me that doesn't like the idea of poaching managers from other premier league clubs? I'd rather bring someone in from outside with no affiliation.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is there any concrete links to anyone bar Pochettino commenting on the job? I suppose the summer is a while away yet, it might be someone nobody has even considered.

smudgegezer

I think Eddie Howe would be a good shout young hungry and playing good football a Bournemouth. I don't want the same run of the mill named manager I want the board to think about our appointment and look at someone new who is playing attacking football.

CallyRed

SSN reporting that United are going to appoint a technical director

Eddy_JukeZ

How'd people feel if Guardiola switched over (mad scenario I know)?
Would be amazing for us.

But it'd feel odd with him having managed City.

It's a complete pipe dream though.

He himself ruled out ever managing another Prem club.

Crustanoid

We haven’t tried Woodward as manager yet-maybe that’s where we’ve been going wrong?

Joel Glazer as assistant

Carrick as CEO?

MrSingh2002

Zidane - attract worlds best talent - Mbappe and Varane level players

Pochettino - Motivate what we have and blood new youngsters in time whilst playing good football. Tactically hasn't blown me away but he also hasn't had a huge budget to work with.

Allegri - Possibly the best tactician and trainer out of the 3 candidates. Can't see him leaving a potential champs league winning squad to work with ours though.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

I think Madrid have caused the sacking of Mourinho today through chaos theory, hear me out.

Zidane resigns from Madrid > Madrid pursue Poch, he doesn't want to leave YET > Madrid hire Lopetegui instead > Mourinho starts having a melt down, poor start to the season > Lopetegui gets fired > Madrid ask about Poch again, not interested in moving mid-season > Madrid hire a caretaker manager for the season to appoint a perm in the summer > Mourinho goes batshit and season goes from bad to worse > Madrid get in contact with Poch's people again about becoming the Madrid manager in the summer > we get wind, sack Jose, for many reasons, this included > now we start making contact with Poch's people about him becoming the United manager in the summer
More or less, yeah, I think that sounds very feasible.

mav_9me

I agree they are not the most aesthetically pleasing side.

But they have a well defined style of play, with emphasis on pass and move. They have a structure.

They may not play their way out of pressing as much as Sarri's Chelsea or may not play keep ball like Pep's city. But to me they kind of do a bit of all of that alongwith pressing like Liverpool.

The other thing is how he has brought along different youth players and also reintegrated out of favor players like Sissoko and Son.

Sterling Archer

Would be amazing for us.

But it'd feel odd with him having managed City.

It's a complete pipe dream though.

He himself ruled out ever managing another Prem club.
Didn't realize he had ruled out other PL clubs. Would never happen anyway .

Still a wanker, but he’d be our wanker and an automatic legend for fecking Cuty over.
It would be Woody's biggest coup and I'd forgive him immediately hah

In seriousness , Poch is probably the way to go

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I've wanted Poch for a long time. Don't care that he's never win anything, neither has Klopp but I'm sure we'd all swap positions with Liverpool right now. Poch has created a better team at Spurs than we have with a negative transfer budget. They've stagnated because they can't afford to grow anymore, and I imagine that must be frustrating as their manager.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Erik ten Hag as an option for the poll is probably the second dumbest thing I've ever seen on here since I've joined. The actual most stupid thing is that 11 people voted for him.

It's been an interesting day.

Joseunited

Not just Mourinho who needs the sack:houllier:

Minimalist

I've wanted Poch for a long time. Don't care that he's never win anything, neither has Klopp but I'm sure we'd all swap positions with Liverpool right now. Poch has created a better team at Spurs than we have with a negative transfer budget. They've stagnated because they can't afford to grow anymore, and I imagine that must be frustrating as their manager.
Do you mean with Liverpool? He won titles with Dortmund.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Rooney with Pogba as assistant. Well according to this place the pair of them have run the club anyway over the past about 6 years...

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
We need a progressive appointment. Not a tried and safe pair of hands who has perhaps seen his best days and is just doing the merry go round of big clubs. E.g. Conte.

I want someone who is going to build a modern, fast, aggressive football team, who is looking to the future and can work with young talent. Favre, Ten Hag, and Jardim are my top 3 choices in that order.

I don’t have faith in Zidane simply because he took over an unbelievable squad of winners, and a settled squad. Completely different challenge to United. I see Pochettino as the top choice for most, and he’d be my fourth choice.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
It’s going to be Zidane. 6 months to learn the language and get a plan in place for the squad.
We need a progressive appointment. Not a tried and safe pair of hands who has perhaps seen his best days and is just doing the merry go round of big clubs. E.g. Conte.

I want someone who is going to build a modern, fast, aggressive football team, who is looking to the future and can work with young talent. Favre, Ten Hag, and Jardim are my top 3 choices in that order.

I don’t have faith in Zidane simply because he took over an unbelievable squad of winners, and a settled squad. Completely different challenge to United. I see Pochettino as the top choice for most, and he’d be my fourth choice.
With 6 months notice and a list of transfer targets i think Zidane would have enough time to prepare for taking us over. He would command the respect of the dressing room immediately. A proven winner. Give it to him for 2/3 years and take Poch after that if it doesn’t work out (and he hasn’t been snatched up already).

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
My pick would be Steve McClaren.

Or Michel Preud'homme, who took over at FC Twente after McClaren had won the league and immediately left for Wolfsburg.

Preud'homme had them playing such lovely and adventurous football. He's also an unhinged passionate gung ho style loving madman at times, he would command respect because he's a native French speaker and was a top level player himself back in the day. I read he also appointed José Mourinho at Benfica once when he was working there as a DoF, this would make things go full circle, after Mourinho taking over from his mentor Van Gaal.

Now none of this above actually makes any sense, but weirdly enough it's still quite literally about 13758293 times more sensible than putting Erik ten Hag on the poll list as an option to become the next permanent Mancheser United manager.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I agree they are not the most aesthetically pleasing side.

But they have a well defined style of play, with emphasis on pass and move. They have a structure.

They may not play their way out of pressing as much as Sarri's Chelsea or may not play keep ball like Pep's city. But to me they kind of do a bit of all of that alongwith pressing like Liverpool.

The other thing is how he has brought along different youth players and also reintegrated out of favor players like Sissoko and Son.
@abdo99

For me Poch is a safe pair of hands in that respect - he's certainly a step in the right direction and he guarantees good development of players and a solid foundation.

My only concern is some are expecting him as the perfect candidate who will answer all our prayers, but IMO his teams a) have not won anything on the big stage and b) are the least prettiest team out of the current top 5 in terms of sexy football albeit Sarri's Chelsea lacks stardust in its squad bar Hazard. So he's not the complete article and remains a work in progress.

From my own personal perspective - I am less concerned about 'winning' but I do want someone that guarantees very exciting, fast flowing football as I think that will prove the key to toppling City/Liverpool.

I think Favre is one to watch as his Dortmund side are gorgeous to watch and at the moment they're doing quite well - but Poch might be a more solid appointment.

Either way whatever happens I do think our next appointment will be a step forward unless of course we balls it up completely and go for another defence minded manager in Conte/Allegri/Simeone or a old school United player out of sentimentality.

Marshal

I hope it's Jardim. He was playing excellent football and formed young players to become top. He managed to compete against PSG after having to sell every year his best players and only at the end he failed, when I guess a combination of not being lucky with the youngsters plus being mentally exhausted after having to rebuild the team once again.

Pochetino I think he is a very good coach but I'm still a bit scared that he may not be made for a really top team, which is what United must be. But it's worth to try.

Zidane IMHO would be a big mistake. He is a psychologist, able to manage player moods and be respected, but very little idea of tactics. With today's team, Zidane would be a total failure I think.

Eddy_JukeZ

It’s going to be Zidane. 6 months to learn the language and get a plan in place for the squad.

With 6 months notice and a list of transfer targets i think Zidane would have enough time to prepare for taking us over. He would command the respect of the dressing room immediately. A proven winner. Give it to him for 2/3 years and take Poch after that if it doesn’t work out (and he hasn’t been snatched up already).
It's probably not going to be Zidane.

They could bring in Zidane now if they wanted him.

Woodward and co clearly want Poch the most and will try to pry him away from Spurs in the summer.

Bojan11

It's probably not going to be Zidane.

They could bring in Zidane now if they wanted him.

Woodward and co clearly want Poch the most and will try to pry him away from Spurs in the summer.
They want to bring in a DOF before making any decisions.

I agree Potch is favourite but he’s not a guarantee to come. Spurs are not just going to let us walk in and take their manager without a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.