[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolaholic

Glad that Poch seems to be the main target at the moment

I'd prefer Allegri. A winner, has handled big clubs before (AC + Juve) and will put PP in his place.
What does this even mean? :lol:

They never had any issues at Juve

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'd love to give Howe a chance, but it's still a gamble. We absolutely need to get the next one right. Poch is the right man I think.

Ajax Treesdown

So it looks like it won't be Zidane, for obvious reasons. Im kind of hoping the board actually have an idea who they want an we aren't making a Hail Mary decision come the summer. In terms of recruitment etc a new manager needs to be appointed as early as possible come the end of the season.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Manchester United has my approval to pay a world record fee for Pochettino as long as he is given job assurance and full managerial decision making ability.

However, I won’t get my hopes high because Pochettino has an ongoing project with Spurs.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Never heard of the CB they mention in that (Militao), he any good? Not sure a 20 year old project from Porto is the ideal person to shore up our defence but what do I know.

Tiber

Is 40 million supposed to be expensive for a Manager that could potentially change your clubs future?

40m is what in the crazy football world? A 30 year old CB like Alderweireld?

If Poch came in and made us a title contender again then 40m is a bargain in this landscape and the club shouldn't be at all phased

Chairman Steve

I didn’t realise Poch had his title changed from head coach to manager a while back, when Paul Mitchell left.

Are the people who are both pro-Poch and pro-DoF structuring going to happy with that? I think it’s a growing consensus that we need to move more towards the modern DoF structure to accommodate for this era of a first team head coach getting his 3-4 year term, rinse and repeat.

Is Poch trusted to take that level of responsibility in our current mess as well as the size of the club? I’d like to think he’s got some flexibility to having us appointing at least one DoF figure, otherwise it’s a bit of a drawback with Poch for me.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Never heard of the CB they mention in that (Militao), he any good? Not sure a 20 year old project from Porto is the ideal person to shore up our defence but what do I know.
I've never seen him play but he was first linked to us by Duncan Castles a few weeks back. Di Marzio of Sky Italia says we're after Milenkovic from Fiorentina who is 21.

rotherham_red

Poch is my first choice, but if not him then I'd hope we would go after one of Jardim or Allegri. And if either of those two are unavailable, then Zidane as a last resort.

The thing that is scaring me about this though, is the talk of one-man shortlists named Poch, which is just asking for trouble, especially with Levy being at the other end of the negotiating table. If, and more likely when we don't get Poch then we are just going to stumble to another comedy appointment like Howe, IMO. I don't trust Ed/our board to have a clue about the proper managers who are legitimately showing promise.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
wow can't believe the majority wants Pochettino :houllier: a very successful looser

rotherham_red

Quique Setién
Managed to play great attacking football with different clubs; vastly improves both the team and individual players
He'd be a good shout as well, but let's be honest, our board probably don't even know he exists.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
wow can't believe the majority wants Pochettino :houllier: a very successful looser
We've just failed with a 'serial winner'; unfortunately he had all the people-skills of a serial killer.

Wayne's World

Quique Setién
Managed to play great attacking football with different clubs; vastly improves both the team and individual players
He's 60 and as far as I know he has no English, I don't think he would make the move to England at this latter stages of his managerial career.

Marco Rose from Salzburg should be a coach we should be looking at. His style of football, beliefs in attacking football and promoting youth, winning trophies (albeit not the toughest level) and the run they made to the Europa League semi-finals last year was seriously impressive where they should have gone through to face Atletico. Also destroyed Dortmund over two legs with their fast attacking pressure.

He's the next Jurgen Klopp (without the hugs and being a weirdo ;))

EDIT: If anyone wants to read up about his style of football then there's an interesting article here covering his tactics
https://www.esdfanalysis.com/manager-analysis/marco-rose-line-become-next-bundesligas-great-manager/

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's 60 and as far as I know he has no English, I don't think he would make the move to England at this latter stages of his managerial career.

Marco Rose from Salzburg should be a coach we should be looking at. His style of football, beliefs in attacking football and promoting youth, winning trophies (albeit not the toughest level) and the run they made to the Europa League semi-finals last year was seriously impressive where they should have gone through to face Atletico. Also destroyed Dortmund over two legs with their fast attacking pressure.

He's the next Jurgen Klopp (without the hugs and being a weirdo ;))

EDIT: If anyone wants to read up about his style of football then there's an interesting article here covering his tactics
https://www.esdfanalysis.com/manager-analysis/marco-rose-line-become-next-bundesligas-great-manager/
Completely agree with the idea of Marco Rose. I've been reading about him and he is a perfect fit for our club. plays football that will be loved by the OT faithful and knows how to make the best use of a youth system. He's the next Klopp with whiter teeth..

Adi Hutter is another that should be on our list and he's currently at Frankfurt. we should have both these exceptional talents on our short list. If Poch isn't gonna happen then try for one of Rose or Hutter but we need to think outside the box. I'd take Rose over Poch personally..

In Rainbows

Completely agree with the idea of Marco Rose. I've been reading about him and he is a perfect fit for our club. plays football that will be loved by the OT faithful and knows how to make the best use of a youth system. He's the next Klopp with whiter teeth..

Adi Hutter is another that should be on our list and he's currently at Frankfurt. we should have both these exceptional talents on our short list. If Poch isn't gonna happen then try for one of Rose or Hutter but we need to think outside the box. I'd take Rose over Poch personally..
This is the kind of appointment I want. We need to push the needle.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Why not Conte? He's a proven winner. Won the league with Chelsea in his debut season and FA cup the next season. He has shown a remarkable ability to take over a club in crisis.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Apparently bayern wanted the new Southampton manager. Anyone know much about him?
Very highly rated coach, was at RB Leipzig for two seasons and helped them to runners up in their first season back in the top flight. For some reason he couldn't come to a agreement regarding a contract extention so requested to have his contract terminated a year early. He was a player at Bayern about 15 years ago too.

Marco Rose and Adi Hutter are the ones we should consider imo for our vacant managers position. I'd love to see Rose take over personally due to his exciting football and giving youth a chance. His style is very similar to how Klopp likes his teams to play.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why not Conte? He's a proven winner. Won the league with Chelsea in his debut season and FA cup the next season. He has shown a remarkable ability to take over a club in crisis.
He doesn't play the brand of football I like to see...

Aloysius's Back 3

Very highly rated coach, was at RB Leipzig for two seasons and helped them to runners up in their first season back in the top flight. For some reason he couldn't come to a agreement regarding a contract extention so requested to have his contract terminated a year early. He was a player at Bayern about 15 years ago too.

Marco Rose and Adi Hutter are the ones we should consider imo for our vacant managers position. I'd love to see Rose take over personally due to his exciting football and giving youth a chance. His style is very similar to how Klopp likes his teams to play.
Just from the match against Arsenal - it was clear that he was carrying out the high pressing football seen in Europe. Was quite surprised to see it work so well arguably in a couple of days only.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Just from the match against Arsenal - it was clear that he was carrying out the high pressing football seen in Europe. Was quite surprised to see it work so well arguably in a couple of days only.
I mentioned him as a possible candidate to replace Mourinho before he was appointed the manager at Southampton. But the ideal candidate to take over from Mourinho is a 42 year old Marco Rose imo. Will we even consider him? I hope so, because the brand of football he plays will have OT rocking...

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What about favre at dortmund? He is producing some great football there

Patrick08

I think poch and the club's philosophy on young players and ambitions are much better suited personally.
It might suit the philosophy, but not necessarily the squad on the disposal currently. So instant success would seem unlikely. Though zidane's record with youth in madrid is also pretty good with first team and then senior team. Although he might not be the candidate for a long term job. Pochh ticks that box.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
What about favre at dortmund? He is producing some great football there
Favre is 61 and might not want another job at his age. He's also only ever managed in French and German speaking countries for some reason. I would target someone younger who plays attacking football and ticks all the other boxes too. My preference would be Marco Rose because his brand of football is exactly what we need.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Favre is 61 and might not want another job at his age. He's also only ever managed in French and German speaking countries for some reason. I would target someone younger who plays attacking football and ticks all the other boxes too. My preference would be Marco Rose because his brand of football is exactly what we need.
Why are RBL letting Rose go?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
After reading these comments and re-watching the video below - I am definitely in the Marco Rose camp. I just can't see us going for that kind of appointment unfortunately. Think the new guy will be a bit more well know.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
After reading these comments and re-watching the video below - I am definitely in the Marco Rose camp. I just can't see us going for that kind of appointment unfortunately. Think the new guy will be a bit more well know.

I agree, doubt his name even gets mentioned. Think he might end up at Bayern before long.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I agree, doubt his name even gets mentioned. Think he might end up at Bayern before long.
Not necessarily true. It's rumored that we might be looking for Paul Mitchell as DOF and if we don't get Poch(who's by far our first choice) then Mitchell would be very aware of Rose ability as manager due to RB connections.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Not necessarily true. It's rumored that we might be looking for Paul Mitchell as DOF and if we don't get Poch(who's by far our first choice) then Mitchell would be very aware of Rose ability as manager due to RB connections.
I hope so, Rose would be my first choice..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why are RBL letting Rose go?
Mate, Rose is the manager of Red Bull Salzburg who are in Austrian league. You're talking Red Bull Leipzig who are in German league and are getting another coach next season..

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Mate, Rose is the manager of Red Bull Salzburg who are in Austrian league. You're talking Red Bull Leipzig who are in German league and are getting another coach next season..
Covers eyes.

Bojan11

Well I would want someone who has managed in a top European league albeit France, Italy, Germany, Spain or England obviously.

All these videos look great. But let’s be honest the same fanfare was made about AVB before he joined Chelsea and that turned out disastrous. Rose next path should be going to one of those countries and proving himself. He’s also managing a team who have won the last 5 leagues. Not like they were struggling before he arrived and he like picked them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.