[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Also this:

AS are not holding back while criticising Jose Mourinho and they have a story about Manchester United’s next managerial appointment in today’s edition of the newspaper.

The headline of the report reads: ‘Zidane, United’s goal to forget the Mourinho era’

For AS, Zidane is the main candidate to take charge at Old Trafford after Ole Gunnar Solskaer’s temporary spell is over.

The Frenchman is without a job since resigning from the managerial position at Real Madrid in May, meaning it would have been easy for the Red Devils to appoint him right away rather than bringing him to the club next summer.

It’s explained in the report that the former midfielder has no plans to return to the bench before next June, due to sporting and family reasons.

For this reason, United executive chairman Ed Woodward has appointed Solskjaer to manage the club until the end of the season.

A source close to Zidane claims that if he accepts the 20-time English champions’ offer, he will be one of the highest paid managers in the world and United (read Woodward) will give him a free hand when it comes to signings.

AS also mentions former Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has backed him to accept the offer from the Premier League giants, who have already tabled a proposal for him.

So far, Zidane has not accepted the offer, but a source claims the “project seems attractive”.

It’ll be interesting to see how things develop from now until the next summer as Manchester United continue their search for a new manager for next season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/manager-g...-mourinho-era-ready-give-free-hand-transfers/

Loony BoB

If we can get Poch, I'd like Poch.

If we can't, I'd be pretty interested in Zidane but not on his own. Zidane himself admits he's not great tactically. I'd like us to have Zidane, with a really good set of coaches alongside him. Zidane would attract great players, inspire players to fight, offer solid media presence, keep everyone happy. The coaches would be the ones who would be far more heavily involved with tactical arrangements and work with Zidane to ensure that instructions are followed. It could work, but it's reliant on high quality coaches who are happy to work with Zidane in this way. I'm confident that as he has himself accepted that he's not great tactically that he would sincerely appreciate a high class assistant to help him, with a solid coaching staff beneath them. I don't know that this would ever work out, though, and I suspect Zidane will be back at Real Madrid before too long, having made a point to Perez who will now treat Zidane's requests more seriously.

I wouldn't mind some of the other options, I guess, but those are the big two names being discussed. I like what some of the other managers have achieved but must admit to not having seen enough of their teams playing to really know for sure if I'd like their style.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
We've just failed with a 'serial winner'; unfortunately he had all the people-skills of a serial killer.
yes but that's not a good reason to hire a serial looser who managed to loose the league against Leicester with all the other big teams that committed suicide. Last year vs Juve despite being spared a huge penalty on Costa and being 1-0 up, he managed to get kicked out because he was slow to read Allegri's changes.
He is a perfect fit for Spurs a serial bottler that gets a lot of compliments and no trophy

Loony BoB

A source close to Zidane claims that if he accepts the 20-time English champions’ offer, he will be one of the highest paid managers in the world and United (read Woodward) will give him a free hand when it comes to signings.
Given we're about to get a DoF, this is surely a load of bollocks.

waza7111

Zidane is my second choice after Pochettino but I'm not sure about his ability to rebuild a squad which is what we need the most right now. Pochettino has proven at Tottenham that he can do it.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It’s going to be Pochettino, after three managerial disappointments Woodward is not going to feck around going for anything but the first option. He might cost a pretty penny but the club hasn’t really backed off from spending on the right cause.

Loony BoB

Zidane is my second choice after Pochettino but I'm not sure about his ability to rebuild a squad which is what we need the most right now. Pochettino has proven at Tottenham that he can do it.
Yeah, agreed. But thankfully the rebuilding is what a DoF is for, Zidane is there to lead while the DoF manages the identifying of talents required and subsequent signings. I'd imagine that's how it'd play out.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
yes but that's not a good reason to hire a serial looser who managed to loose the league against Leicester with all the other big teams that committed suicide. Last year vs Juve despite being spared a huge penalty on Costa and being 1-0 up, he managed to get kicked out because he was slow to read Allegri's changes.
He is a perfect fit for Spurs a serial bottler that gets a lot of compliments and no trophy
Savage :lol:

Aloysius's Back 3

Does nicky butt play counterpressing with the young ones at all? Is it part of his gameplan?

Seems like its a must ever since Barcelona played possession based football to stop any attacks happening from the earliest of positions.

Tiber

Why not Conte? He's a proven winner. Won the league with Chelsea in his debut season and FA cup the next season. He has shown a remarkable ability to take over a club in crisis.
Not so remarkable during a crisis in his second year at Chelsea. And personally I'd find Allegri a lot more appealing

Eric's Seagull

As although I have massive massive respect for Zidane I don't think he is what we need at the moment,as I think we have quite a bit of squad rebuilding to do and I don't know if he is up to. Give him the (arguably) best squad in the world and i think that he will win you things. Although I may be wrong if we sign a good DoF and sign the right players he might do well but I don't think so.

poleglass red

I questioned the other day if Zidane was genuinely in the frame for the job then why didn't he get hired straight away, since he's not attached to any club just now. I seen one of the reporters suggest and take this with the proverbial pinch of salt, that he doesn't speak english and would need to learn between now and the end of the season. Not sure if there is any validity to that, but you can see the attraction he would potentially have for the club. Big name, don't need to pay any fee to get him,recent success at highest level, plus he's french and he might be able to fully implement the likes of Pogba and Martial to preform at a consistently high level that we know they are capable of. He wouldn't be my 1st choice but you can see why he's in the frame

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
wow can't believe the majority wants Pochettino :houllier: a very successful looser
I don't get comments like this.
Not every excellent coach can be at teams with the resources to win trophies. There are a ton of really good coaches out there who will likely never win a trophy, cos they aren't at clubs who can pay the top fees and wages. Doesn't make them losers.
There are likely only 2 trophies to be won in each league (3 in the PL and France if you count League cup), and 2 European trophies. That isn't a lot to go round! There are plenty of coaches like Pochettino, and like our own coach in Dortmund now Lucien Favre, and numerous others, who've never won trophies in major leagues (yet), but they are quality coaches, and certainly not losers.

R77

Yeah, my gut is saying it's going to be Zidane. It would be a typically Woody appointment.

It could work well, depending on what happens with the rest of the set up in the interim. I would prefer a Poch (or Ole!) type, with a strong, defined footballing philosophy, but with the right players and training set up, Zidane could work well.

Patrick08

As although I have massive massive respect for Zidane I don't think he is what we need at the moment,as I think we have quite a bit of squad rebuilding to do and I don't know if he is up to. Give him the (arguably) best squad in the world and i think that he will win you things. Although I may be wrong if we sign a good DoF and sign the right players he might do well but I don't think so.
Pochh mainly plays a 4231/352system in Tottenham with 3 solid midfield controllers like dembele, wayanama and dier responsible for controlling the midfield with players with great off the ball movement in erikson Ali and son, with a superb finisher who can had the ball and link up well. High press high energy good passing vision and playmaking.

I don't think our current squad can pull it off with players like matic fellani Herrera pogba mata. I'd add martial and lukaku to that as well because they are not good enough in identifying space and making off the ball attacking runs, and directness, something mourinho suffered with them as well.

None of our midfeilders are midfield controllers that he needs, while we also would need defensive solidity and playing out from the back defenders to replicate that style. If he takes over he will need some transfer windows to create his team which will depend on availability as well. I personally don't think the squad at our disposal now right can pull that off and will be ready to win titles.

What zidane played in madrid was more cohesive creative possession style with need for creativity with a balance between aggression and stability in possession. In my opinion these set of players will be able to pull of that style better than pochh's aggressive high energy direct style.

BigRon1985

It’s going to be Pochettino, after three managerial disappointments Woodward is not going to feck around going for anything but the first option. He might cost a pretty penny but the club hasn’t really backed off from spending on the right cause.
Yes I think you’re right. I like Poch and he ticks all the boxes re. style of play, giving young players a chance etc. My issue with him is I don’t think he will be able to handle the pressure. He’s been over-achieving for Spurs especially this season so the heat is off. He will also be given some leeway initially with playing in a brand new stadium.

Remember his mini meltdown at the start of the season when he went through a rough patch? Imagine the higher intensity if it was with United?

LeftyBlaster

Yeah I agree with you there. Poch is the obvious choice here, proving that he can play good football without a Galactico squad in the EPL.

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I don't get comments like this.
Not every excellent coach can be at teams with the resources to win trophies. There are a ton of really good coaches out there who will likely never win a trophy, cos they aren't at clubs who can pay the top fees and wages. Doesn't make them losers.
There are likely only 2 trophies to be won in each league (3 in the PL and France if you count League cup), and 2 European trophies. That isn't a lot to go round! There are plenty of coaches like Pochettino, and like our own coach in Dortmund now Lucien Favre, and numerous others, who've never won trophies in major leagues (yet), but they are quality coaches, and certainly not losers.
Yeah sure except pochettino didn't even manage to win a messag cup and list the league Vs a club with less resources

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Yes I think you’re right. I like Poch and he ticks all the boxes re. style of play, giving young players a chance etc. My issue with him is I don’t think he will be able to handle the pressure. He’s been over-achieving for Spurs especially this season so the heat is off. He will also be given some leeway initially with playing in a brand new stadium.

Remember his mini meltdown at the start of the season when he went through a rough patch? Imagine the higher intensity if it was with United?
He seems pretty self confident as a manager and he’s been working with little to no transfer spending under levy so the meltdown was probably warranted at the beginning of the season as he’s working with a small squad as is, any other manager could have done worse.

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah sure except pochettino didn't even manage to win a messag cup and list the league Vs a club with less resources
I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying. I don't want to be critical as I don't know if it's just me not understanding the wording, but I don't know what a messag cup is, and the 'list the league Vs a club with less resources'? I don't know what that means either, as I am sure like most of us, you know which teams in which leagues pay the most wages and have the deepest squads and pay the most transer fees. Mostly it's those clubs who win the majority of things. But there are a lot more good coaches out there than there are top teams for them to coach at.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It's not Zidane. Richard Keys knows feck all.

Patrick08

He seems pretty self confident as a manager and he’s been working with little to no transfer spending under levy so the meltdown was probably warranted at the beginning of the season as he’s working with a small squad as is, any other manager could have done worse.
Can he win on a cold windy night at stoke?:D

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying. I don't want to be critical as I don't know if it's just me not understanding the wording, but I don't know what a messag cup is, and the 'list the league Vs a club with less resources'? I don't know what that means either, as I am sure like most of us, you know which teams in which leagues pay the most wages and have the deepest squads and pay the most transer fees. Mostly it's those clubs who win the majority of things. But there are a lot more good coaches out there than there are top teams for them to coach at.
sorry got messed up by my phone, I meant he did not even win a league cup and lost the EPL to a smaller and poorer team

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
What did Conte win as manager before he took over at your club?
Conte won with his team the Serie B and Juve was his first serie A team. He took over juve coming from two seventh places in a row and won immediately vs Milan that at the time was richer and stronger, as he did in EPL with Chelsea. With the worst national team in the last 50 years he managed to beat Spain, trash Belgium and go out on penalties vs the world champions Germany after loosing for injuries the entire midfield which was already not great to begin with.
Do not kid yourself Pochettino is not even in the same category as Conte

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Conte won with his team the Serie B and Juve was his first serie A team. He took over juve coming from two seventh places in a row and won immediately as he did in EPL with Chelsea. Do not kid yourself Pochettino is not even in the same category as Conte
Serie B..:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.