[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I'm sure you will get a ton of one word responses to this, but here is my take for what it is worth.

I think being a highly rated coach and becoming a manager of a premier league football team, let alone Manchester United is a crazy jump.

Managers need to learn their trade. They also need to be nurtured. How many people in the general world go from the lower levels of a company, skip 10 steps and become a Managing Director? Football seems to be one of the few places this kind of stuff happens.

I think, when people look at Guardiola and his passage at Barca they see a model there. Fair enough but they don't necessarily see the work that went in, the way he was tied into the fabric and nurtured at that club and...beyond all...the fact that is was the exception.

Managers should be moulded, given the chance to make mistakes and learn from them, I wouldn't say this is the level to do that, especially given the instability of the club. Howe would be a more sensible choice in that regard, and I think that is too big a jump by a mile to be honest.

I get that people want young, dynamic and enthusiastic managers that can play attractive football, after all the last 2 approaches have been for proven coaches with a winning pedigree...and it turned very sour. We would certainly need to be guarded against going too far the other way IMO.

SER19

I voted poch but dont believe hell leave spurs in the summer. So will change my vote.

Hopefully ole turns out incredible and eases to a champions league and makes it all simple

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
can anyone link me to the polls on here for who RedCafe wanted to replace LvG?

Just interested to see what I and the collective voted back then

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Why would he be linked? He does not have the connection to the club he has with Arsenal and has zero experience as a manager.

Eric's Seagull

Think he’d unlock both Andreas and Pogba to their fullest, the only issue with his appointment is we’d desperately need a defender who can make a pass.
If he was able to do as you say which I hope, I think he could do a good job here. Sign Koulibaly up with Milenkovic and we could be good.
I really hope Andreas makes it good here as I think he could become something special and Pogba has so much talent I think he just needs the right manager to get it out of him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'm not sure why great assistant coaches can't be considered for managerial positions. Especially if they have mastered one domain. Happens in other sports all the time.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I am surprised not to have seen his name banded around at all as a possible permanent manager.

From what I understand he is a very highly rated coach, heavily linked with Arsenal during the summer. Obviously has been working under the stewardship of Pep for several years. Maybe he would be a great option for us?

There is no chance he will be City's manager anytime soon, so for him this could be a massive opportunity. Brian Kidd made the move. Why couldn't he?
I see City giving him a shot once Pep leaves.

dangler

Pochettino

• Has a modern, attacking style of football
  • Promotes youth players
  • Good conduct on and off the pitch
  • Perfect age
  • Experienced in England
  • Rarely makes a bad signing
Never won anything, never had big egos squad to deal with, never had such a crap squad to meet such high expectations with.

I don't know why people want him, it's another Moyes waiting to happen.

AlwaysRed66

If Ole clinched us the 4th spot, the club would be insane not to let him continue.
Why? Di Matteo won the Champions League for Chelsea, & not surprisingly because of that was given a permanent role. Unfortunately, it soon became clear he wasn't up to the task. You need more than a few months, particularly when someone has no real pressure & nothing to lose, to assess their suitability for the role.

Never won anything, never had big egos squad to deal with, never had such a crap squad to meet such high expectations with.

Another Moyes? :lol:

LeftyBlaster

Yes... as opposed to Jose who had won almost everything, dealt with big egos and spent over 400m on the squad... oh wait. Fortune favours the bold.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I would have laughed my tits off had Arsenal hired him last summer so no

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm sold on Poch. He does tick all the boxes apart from winning a trophy.

izec

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Nope, you voted for Jose in that poll!

Pep wasnt even an option by that point
Oh they are 2 different polls, and it was after Pep was announced by City and Klopp was already at Liverpool.

In which case, I'd stand by that decision.. i've never criticised Woodward for picking Mourinho in the first place as it was clear we needed someone who knew how to win at that point (he'd won the PL less than a yeaf before the poll..) and Poch was a bigger gamble.

Canagel

Shouldn't Blanc be on the list too? The club already considered him for the caretaker role but perhaps he didn't want to take it now?

Patrick08

Well, where the press and media is concerned I'd say that there is very often lots of smoke and no fire: it's in their interest to make mountains out of molehills.

At some point of course Pochettino will leave Spurs, but not this summer IMO, and maybe not for several years to come. And when he does leave, RM is a far more likely destination than United.
It may be the case, but real Madrid need a bigger rebuilding job than united in my opinion. They are at a point where united were after ucl victory and post ronaldo sale.

Pochh will not get much time at Madrid after what they have managed to achive prior to that. Also it's no longer a case when real madrid can come in and get whoever they want. The inflation almost assures that. How is pochh supposed to fulfil an expectations of a side who need a new striker, a new no , 7 and replacement for ramos soon, a replacement for modric perhaps, marcelo is on a downhill bale is almost on sale list pretty soon. How can pochh replace these many players in few windows at madrid?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

If Jardim, Blanc or Zidane are among the top candidates I do not understand the move to install OSG now. In that case we would have wasted half a year that could have already been used to start the transformation.

So my guess is that the top candidates do have a valid appointment right now.

JMack1234

If we get Poch or Zidane i'll be absolutely elated although Poch is my first choice.

RedPhil1957

Quique Setién
Managed to play great attacking football with different clubs; vastly improves both the team and individual players

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
I personally think zidane can get more from this group of players than pochh can. Some of these players just won't be able to pull off pochh style.
I think poch and the club's philosophy on young players and ambitions are much better suited personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.