[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stepney73

No manger on earth could have done any better after losing 2/3 of our main threat with what we had on the bench on top of having a 30 odd year old left winger at right back,

Sometimes you just come up against a better quality side(ask Fergie about the 2 barca CL finals).

It's a good reality check and now let's see how we dust ourselves off and go again.

deafepl

Ole was outclassed tactically in the second half but two injuries and ref haven't done us any favour, they fouled us every time we tried to attack.

Reddevil1978

Still want Ole, shame Lingard and Martial had to come off injured as I think that turned the game in PSG's favor. Hope Lingard and Martial are back real soon.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Still Ole. You don't start panicking because he loses 1 game. It's not like he lost to Huddersfield.

L1nk

Nope - Tuchel has been my #1 choice since the beginning
I'm of the same opinion, the fact he will only have a year left on his contract come the end of the season makes me think we could entice him. However I fear we've missed the boat, we had the perfect opportunity in the summer to get him when he was available but we decided it was better to keep up the Mourinho charade and then sacked him months later, just another showing of how naive we are.

C'est Moi Cantona

Like I said a couple of days ago, making a decision now is brainless. This match does not disqualify Ole but it should give the people who keep insisting they have to install him as permanent manager now pause. Let's see how the team reacts over the coming games.
Of course it's brainless, people just shoot from the hip when things are going well, and even more so when things are going bad, Ole is the 'caretaker' manager, which hopefully tells us we have other plans in the pipeline long term, and imo it should take something monumental from Ole to change that plan.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Still Ole. You don't start panicking because he loses 1 game. It's not like he lost to Huddersfield.
Even if he lost to Huddersfield, it's still just one game.

People are way too quick to make their minds up either way. Even at the end of his interim stint here we would be basing our decision off a very small and potentially skewed amount of games.

I'm of the same opinion, the fact he will only have a year left on his contract come the end of the season makes me think we could entice him. However I fear we've missed the boat, we had the perfect opportunity in the summer to get him when he was available but we decided it was better to keep up the Mourinho charade and then sacked him months later, just another showing of how naive we are.
I wanted us to get him in the summer but the board were dithering as usual.

izec

Ole not for me, i would wait til April. City and Liverpool games should give us a hint if he learnt something. Today was a blooper.

Eddy_JukeZ

Still not sure who I'd want.

I want to see how Ole does in our next few big games.

Today wasn't good. It was a really poor showing. Let's see how he responds.

Bojan11

You can check my post history if you don't..
Ignore him.

He goes around being sarcastic all over the forum and thinks he is funny. When he isn’t. Pretty sure a ex banned Croatian member was doing the same shit and eventually got banned because everyone got bored of it.

arthurka

tbf I've just checked and she has been saying Tuchel all along
Tuchel will be out of PSG next year he has a huge stick up his backside, he wont last there. He is a great tactician but he really lacks the people skills to become a top manager. The players will turn on him eventually. Dont think he would do well here.

Ban

Ignore him.

He goes around being sarcastic all over the forum and thinks he is funny. When he isn’t. Pretty sure a ex banned Croatian member was doing the same shit and eventually got banned because everyone got bored of it.
Bojan11 thinks I'm not funny.

I'll cry myself to sleep tonight.

Bojan11

Ole not for me, i would wait til April. City and Liverpool games should give us a hint if he learnt something. Today was a blooper.
Yep been saying all along that by start of April should be a good indicator how far we come.

If Ole wins the next two matches then this loss is totally forgotten about.

AndyJ1985

I'd give Ole a one year contract and see how he tries to shape the team in the summer. If we're still lining up next season with Young Jones Smalling and Shaw in defence, with Mata on the wing, bin him off and try to get Poch in.

klsv

Would have not lost by two to nil had we had Poch instead of Ole, would have been 2-0 up ourselves. And then lost 2-4.

Hayton

He loses one match and now most people want him out. Unbelievable

crossy1686

career ending
Ole was outclassed tactically in the second half but two injuries and ref haven't done us any favour, they fouled us every time we tried to attack.
So what was it? Was he outclassed or did two injuries, poor replacements and a shit ref cost us?

Think you'll find it was the latter.

Nothing Ole could have done about the situation and no team with Sanchez, Mata and Lukaku is ever going to compete in the last 8 of the Champions League.

minoo-utd

My concern is of not Ole then do we have the time to hire a dof and get a new manager in who should quickly look at the squad and decide who he wants and who who he needs as signings before the transfer window quickly closes? Do we even have a plan? We have been screaming out for it!

If Ole gets the job then he needs to do no favors and ask for what this squad needs, we at least need 3 4 players IMO. And we should be looking for them from now if not earlier.

Un4givableB

Serious question, when does he become top tier in your opinion? What does it take?
Having a history of success at every level
he has managed at, hopefully a bigger club than Molder will give him another
chance to prove himself.

Eddy_JukeZ

100%. Nothing changes tonight for me. He still has a lot to learn but I am willing to be more patient with him because I warm to this idea of United.
If he still has a lot to learn, then I'd rather he learn that elsewhere and not here.

We can't be sentimental. We need to get the next appointment right.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Nope - Tuchel has been my #1 choice since the beginning
I rate Tuchel quite highly as well. My only reservation is from my view his somewhat erratic, uncompromising and confrontational personality. Other people might disagree with this, but I thought he might fall out with Neymar etc at PSG, but to be fair this hasn't happened so I may be wrong about him. I always thought he was a very tactically smart and hungry manager, would be an interesting appointment although I don't think it's likely to happen this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.