[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapardin

I rate Tuchel quite highly as well. My only reservation is from my view his somewhat erratic, uncompromising and confrontational personality. Other people might disagree with this, but I thought he might fall out with Neymar etc at PSG, but to be fair this hasn't happened so I may be wrong about him. I always thought he was a very tactically smart and hungry manager, would be an interesting appointment although I don't think it's likely to happen this summer.
Give it time. The mad fecker Tuchel always has a glint in his eyes.:lol:

Yeah, Ole disappointed in the CL game tactically, but obviously I am not judging him by one game. Let's see how he fares against Pep, Klopp and Sarri. Then we will have a better idea of his managerial capabilities.

Totally on board bringing Tuchel in after a couple of years. Confrontational or not, he is a master tactician. He may act like an arse at times, but he doesn't have the same levels of narcissism that Mourinho does, so it won't be that bad.

OldSchoolManc

Ole Ole Ole,
Oi Oi Oi!
Nobody was gonna do better last night.
Poch would’ve probably lost by more. What has he won exactly? He’s had some very bad tactical performances in the Champions League.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I just voted for Ole (and his coaching team). Long term, I genuinely believe him spearheading a unit with Phelan, Carrick and McKenna will be best for the club.

The advancements we've made are great and, yes, we were outclassed by PSG yesterday, but we are a work in progress and everyone knew that.

Stepney73

Don't forget we would have lost this game under mouriniho but with boring shithouse tactics(pumping balls to lukaku and then Fellaini later in the game).
At least ole went toe to toe with them but our well known defensive issues and the 2 injuries made the difference in the end against a very good side.

We don't need a full rebuild we need about 3-4 top players in the summer.

Over to you ed.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
If he still has a lot to learn, then I'd rather he learn that elsewhere and not here.

We can't be sentimental. We need to get the next appointment right.
I don’t think he will necessarily learn what he has to learn outside of a big club. He needs to have correct set of players to employ the kind of football he wants to play which is why he struggled at Cardiff (who were weaker and inferior to their opposition in 80% of games) but did so well at Molde (who were a stronger or equal to their opposition in 80% of games probably).

We have been awful for 5 years post Fergie bar one season maybe. If what we have to endure for Ole to be 100% ready is two or three seasons of what we have seen so far, beating all weaker sides convincingly, probably making top 4 with ease but struggling against opposition who are simply stronger than us, then I am willing to give it a go.

crossy1686

career ending
I wouldn't want Zidane here because I'm not sure he's a good manager. It one thing to get great players to play to their level. Another thing to get good players above their level.
There’s not a manager in world football that can get a team consisting of Mata, Sanchez and Young that could have won last night. Judging Solskjaer on that game despite strong eveidance he’s doing exactly what you’re looking for in a manager is bizarre.

ErranMorad

We can hire anyone and he won't succeed in getting us back to the top unless we are ready to be ruthless. Time after time we keep and then reward mediocrity to find ourselves in the same situation. Managers change but the same plodders remain. The only players who are good enough be part of the future of the club are -

(1) De Gea
(2) Lindelof - as a starter or as a back-up
(3) Bailly - as a back-up
(4) Smalling - as a back-up
(5) Shaw - as a back-up.
(6) Pogba - as a starter
(7) Matic - as a back-up
(8) Herrera - as a back-up
(9) Rashford - as a starter
(10) Martial - as a starter
(11) Lingard - as a back-up

For me there are only 5 or 6 United quality starters in our squad. Rest of the squad is utter shit. It's rotten to it's very core and not fit enough to wear the Manchester United shirt. We need to 3-4 immediate starters & a couple of backups to start rebuilding again to challenge for major honors a couple of years from now.

A starting RB, LB & CB are must in defense.
An excellent holding mid with good passing range is needed asap.
A talented right sided attacking player needs to be added.

That is the minimum we need regardless of who is the manager. Is the club ready to get those players? Or are we going to try and fumble through another window only getting a couple of players that wouldn't really fit in? I don't know the answer, but I know where my money is.

Yesterday was an eye opener. PSG's speed, accuracy, tempo, passing - were altogether on a different level to us. We looked like a pub team most of the game compared to them. And they had two of their best attacking players out of the game. It could have been a massacre if Cavani and Neymar were available.

I am happy with Ole so far. He has done an excellent job, but I think his real job begins now. The humbling last night was a great leveler after the high of the previous eleven games. We have some tough games coming up and it'll be a test how he is able to rotate & get the best out of the squad, especially if Lingard and Martial are out for any considerable length of time. We'll get an accurate measure of him by the end of the day March 16th, after we have played City. How we have shaped up till then will determine for me if he should indeed be made the permanent manager starting next season.

Un4givableB

There’s not a manager in world football that can get a team consisting of Mata, Sanchez and Young that could have won last night. Judging Solskjaer on that game despite strong eveidance he’s doing exactly what you’re looking for in a manager is bizarre.
I'm not Judging on last night PSG are on a different level than us but I'm not judging on beating the likes of Reading and Bournemouth we are a different level than them.
If Steve Bruce had done the same job OGS as done and got us into a Champion League place at the end of the season. We would hand him a fat cheque and say thanks and start looking of a top manager.

I hope nobody would want us to give Bruce the job fulltime despite being a better manager than OGS.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like I've said all along, Pochettino is my first choice and Ole is a distant second.
It would take an extraordinary set of circumstances for me to switch. Our form has been extraordinary but 12 games is too small a sample. I will know for sure in April.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not Judging on last night PSG are on a different level than us but I'm not judging on beating the likes of Reading and Bournemouth we are a different level than them.
If Steve Bruce had done the same job OGS as done and got us into a Champion League place at the end of the season. We would hand him a fat cheque and say thanks and start looking of a top manager.

I hope nobody would want us to give Bruce the job fulltime despite being a better manager than OGS.

What are you basing this on? You're basing your opinion on something but if it's not the games he's won or lost then what is it? Bruce isn't a better manager than Solskjaer, categorically.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I just voted for Ole (and his coaching team). Long term, I genuinely believe him spearheading a unit with Phelan, Carrick and McKenna will be best for the club.

The advancements we've made are great and, yes, we were outclassed by PSG yesterday, but we are a work in progress and everyone knew that.
Wow nice to see this response. Ole needs our support and yes I believe he can do it regardless of any more disappointing results this season. I wud ideally add someone else to the coaching team. Someone more analytical/tactical. Ole has almost everything. If there is a weakness we help him with the right personnel.
I seem to recall Poch losing to Gent/Genk. Ole Loses to a far more established team so let’s stay calm.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wow nice to see this response. Ole needs our support and yes I believe he can do it regardless of any more disappointing results this season. I wud ideally add someone else to the coaching team. Someone more analytical/tactical. Ole has almost everything. If there is a weakness we help him with the right personnel.
I seem to recall Poch losing to Gent/Genk. Ole Loses to a far more established team so let’s stay calm.
Now if only posters thought long and hard about facts like that, we may not get the negativity on here

Un4givableB

What are you basing this on? You're basing your opinion on something but if it's not the games he's won or lost then what is it? Bruce isn't a better manager than Solskjaer, categorically.
He got Hull City, yes Hull City promotion to the Premier League and got them into the FA Cup final. I rest my case.

crossy1686

career ending
He got Hull City, yes Hull City promotion to the Premier League and got them into the FA Cup final. I rest my case.
Solskjaer won a league title in a one team league and plays great football. Hull invested heavily in that squad that got promoted under new ownership. I never said Bruce wasn't a good manager but I know which one is a better manager for United.

Tony247

Why is it so surprising for some that we lost to PSG? And if not surprised then why single out Ole and blame him?

Just couple of months back we knew this team needs supplements, we knew there are weaknesses in few areas that a good opponent would exploit. Then why so much mourning? is it because Ole actually did really good domestically that it gave us hope that the same team would go and beat every good team in their path?

Our season was gone for a toss in Dec. It is only because of Ole and his motivated team now we can think of top 4. Take that with both hands and plan for next season.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Still Ole in. Give him time and money, and I think him Phelan, Carrick and McKenna can get us going again.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't want Ole. Anyone but Ole for me

If that mean not bringing in the support he needs. The job destroyed both Mou and LVG. Its too big for someone even as promising as Ole to take unless of course we surround him with a top DOF and a top technical director + adequately fund the massive change in personnel we need. In that case then yes Ole would be my no 1 choice. However I refuse to back a legend like him to take the job only for it to ruin his career.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Loads of smaller clubs have gotten to an FA cup final in recent years. Southampton, Millwall, West Ham, Portsmouth, Everton, Stoke, Hull, Palace, and that’s just off the top of my head. Some of those clubs managers include Alan Pardew, and strangely enough David Moyes. Are they better than Ole?

crossy1686

career ending
Loads of smaller clubs have gotten to an FA cup final in recent years. Southampton, Millwall, West Ham, Portsmouth, Everton, Stoke, Hull, Palace, and that’s just off the top of my head. Some of those clubs managers include Alan Pardew, and strangely enough David Moyes. Are they better than Ole?
Wigan won it, therefore the only logical resolution is Martinez is a better manager than both Bruce and Solskjaer and will be the next United manager. You heard it here first.

Un4givableB

Solskjaer won a league title in a one team league and plays great football. Hull invested heavily in that squad that got promoted under new ownership. I never said Bruce wasn't a good manager but I know which one is a better manager for United.
And I'm not saying Solskjaer is a terrible manager,l think he will probably make some club a good manager but as of now, Bruce has a better track record as a manager. If l were Bruce l would be insulted if l were told, someone who's only real achievement in a real league was to get regulated.

crossy1686

career ending
Still Ole in. Give him time and money, and I think him Phelan, Carrick and McKenna can get us going again.
Absolutely.

This is the way forward in my opinion. We've got staff that know what they're doing, keep them on and back them, they've already worked miracles in 8 weeks, let's see what they can do over two seasons.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
We lost 0-2 to a better team. It wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time. I'm pretty sure Ole will have learned sh*tloads from last night. The game highlighted our weaknesses.

Lots of folk on here need to calm down and see it for what it was. We still have a long way to go and anyone thinking Ole had turned us into a title challenging team that can beat teams like PSG easily were completely wrong.

That doesn't mean however, that he isn't the right man to lead us forward. You could have put any manager in the world at the helm last night with the result ending up exactly the same. Just my opinion mind you but I'm sticking with it. Ole!

Un4givableB

Yes, l would say so.

And in which world is David Moyes not better than Solskjaer.

crossy1686

career ending
And I'm not saying Solskjaer is a terrible manager,l think he will probably make some club a good manager but as of now, Bruce has a better track record as a manager. If l were Bruce l would be insulted if l were told, someone who's only real achievement in a real league was to get regulated.
First of all, hugely disrespectful to say the Norwegian league isn't a real league, just because it doesn't hold any weight on Football Manager doesn't mean it isn't an achievement to break a monopoly on a league that has not been competitive for years. Secondly, I would have loved to have seen Pep, Klopp, Pochettino or even Zidane do a better job with that Cardiff team who were in turmoil at the time.

Ranieri has won a league title, Martinez and Alex McLeash have won trophies are they all better managers due to that?

Your argument doesn't stand up because it's based on nothing except how you feel about Solskjaer as a manager, while completely ignoring any relevant information.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It seems that some people have been waiting for us to lose a game, just so that they could lay into Ole. :rolleyes:

Sad.

Needham

He's mid audition. If the wheels come off -out both cups this month, no top four- it wouldn't be unreasonable to say he failed and it's too much of a risk. But if he gets top four from where we were that's a hell of an achievement, and puntworthy.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
The questions I have for the two main candidates is whether Ole has the intellectual footballing chops to upgrade us (like Pochettino has with Spurs)? And does Pochettino have the mentality to exist at the apex of the game (Ole seems comfortable with the demands of the position in this regard) ?

crossy1686

career ending
It seems that some people have been waiting for us to lose a game, just so that they could lay into Ole. :rolleyes:

Sad.
It's really sad to be honest, but I guess you can't please everyone. Some people have a hard on for Pochettino and I even saw someone suggesting Tuchel is now their number one choice because he stood on the touch line and shouted a lot during the match...

Member 90887

I still believe that Ole is achieving great things with the squad at his disposition.

Yesterday was a game against an opponent better than us, even without their two main main, they played an attack that cost 280 M Euros .....

I'm not finding any excuses, just stating facts, which are that PSG today is way stronger than us, if you combine it to the fact that we were unlucky with refs decisions and the injuries of Martial and Lingard that affected our approach to the game... you get yesterday's loss.

Hopefully, the CL games won't be taken into consideration when appointing a manager and hopefully, Ole gets it as i think he's done enough to be given a chance.

People talk about nurturing talents when it's about players. i think that we should do the same with Ole, i believe that he has the potential to be a great manager, he seems like a very intelligent man that knows his flaws and it looks like he learns from his mistakes (obviously, we haven't seen that yet but his post match press conference poinst at that). let's give him the platform to be the manager that we need!

Un4givableB

What has? The fact we've had a manager for 8 weeks and an inferior squad to PSG which resulted in a loss or that you think Solskjaer doesn't have the ability to manage United?
Never thought Solskjaer had the pedigree to manage United fulltime and still don't, l thought him as caretaker was a great choice and he's done very well but people just getting carried away, he's all suddenly better than
likes of Steve Bruce because of 8 weeks at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.