[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

If he managed to win against Liverpool, I can't think anyone better than him.

Sign him Ed.

meamth

Still think if the club can get Poch that's who they will go for.
But I want the United way. I think we all do, by now Pochettino becomes the 2nd choice if you ask any United fans.

Pochettino is nice and all, but we're going to be in transition mode again. Ole seems so seamless, it's like we just need to upgrade the team instead of the whole structure.

DBT85

We've put ourselves in a difficult situation I think. If Ole continues getting results, there is no way we can afford not to hire him. He has done so well so far, and deservedly so but if we're being honest, if we were to replay all these league games once again we wouldn't have as much success. 9 out of 10 times we're not winning that Spurs game. I still have doubts about Pochettino but he's probably the better manager who we can't hire as long as Ole is doing at least a decent job.
I think its inevitable that if you play the same fixtures over again we don't walk away with as many wins purely because we've had so many from the games available. We can't hold hypothetical replays that we might not win against the guy.

At the end of the day we might well have had a plan to just have him come in and get the camp happy again and do the best he can do. But if you do that and the guy goes and win 95% of the games he's given, what can you do? Not hiring someone dishing out form like that is madness.

If it was someone like Ancelotti that had come in to steady the ship and he got results like this would anyone be questioning him? I don't think they would.

keithsingleton

Can't fault what Ole done for the club but why do I still want Poch? Ole certainly brought the X Factor back. Is it still bounce back or will Ole prove he's the real deal?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
This coming from a ?Norwegian? :confused:
I'd love nothing more than for Ole to succeed at United, but I'm still not sure about him tactically.
This is obviously bad timing and I don't want to stir the pot more than necessary.

And I think the club will go for Poch if they can get him.

Trophy Room

I'd love nothing more than for Ole to succeed at United, but I'm still not sure about him tactically.
This is obviously bad timing and I don't want to stir the pot more than necessary.

And I think the club will go for Poch if they can get him.
You know, I think thats a really interesting perspective. With respect, those of us questioning Ole's tactical nous (I've done it in the past myself) know next to nothing about tactics to begin with.

Minimalist

I on the other hand, while having as little expertise on tactics as the rest of you online weirdos, think Ole's tactics are fine.

Just for the record.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
You know, I think thats a really interesting perspective. With respect, those of us questioning Ole's tactical nous (I've done it in the past myself) know next to nothing about tactics to begin with.
So you've woken up since then or what?
I'm clearly rooting for Ole and the team, but I also think it's a good idea to put emotions a side for the ones that will make the final decision

SteveW

How are people still questioning his tactics? One bad result when sucker punched by 2 sudden injuries hardly makes him a bad tactician.

Today was a masterclass. Thought we'd struggle without any fast wide players but he found a new system and managed to get them to master it in under a week.

We now have 3 different systems he's used successfully. We've beaten Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away and the tactics were perfect and different in each game. Think what he could do if he could sign some players.

Reddevil1978

Ole is about to pass Poch in the vote now. Let's beat Liverpool hopefully with Lingard, Martial or both playing a part.

DBT85

3 votes in it.

Maybe if the 3 tits who voted for bloody Paulo Fonseca changed their vote.

gajender

That's the table since Ole took over.

Look at it.

He deserves the job.
Ole has done wonderful job so far if we finish in top 4 and win Fa cup he should certainly get the job , Pochettino is a good manager but my gut instinct is he would fail at United and I just don't find Tottenham that good to watch either they are more Like Chelsea 1.0 under Mourinho efficient methodical but not that inspiring and also interested to see how United would play under Ole once our obvious weaknesses are hopefully sorted out in summer.

Reddy Rederson

Not really sure at this point what questions ole has left to answer to show he should get the job. Hes a had a great start. The players play for him. The players trust him. The brand of football he brings is entertaining. His tactics have been sound for the most part. The biggest one was how would we look after a lose, well, we know that too now. The answer being very very well. We lost two speedsters and he wasnt just able to change how he played to get the job done, he managed to still make us look good. Give Ole a transfer window and who knows what he might achieve here. Only a fool would think the grass was greener at this point.

Ole for manager!

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
11W 1D 1L this season so far, away win to Spur, Arsenal and Chelsea. Can you not give him the job?

Maxin

I come to your team n I feck things up, I'm Moyes
Is this still even a question ?
Should only be one option.

So what if he fails next year? Give Ole time. Like no other club gives. Time to build his squad. He breathes United.

Maxin

If he managed to win against Liverpool, I can't think anyone better than him.

Sign him Ed.
So if he loose against Liverpool, you think he should not get the job?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was listening to the podcast from Phil Brown earlier where he had Neil Custis on. Custis thinks the board have already given Ole the job. The Podcast was done before the game against Chelsea.

I think the sensible thing to do is give Ole the job. The players seem to be giving their all for him and bringing in someone else seems a huge risk right now. Just think back to where we were under Mourinho and how alot of people completely wrote us off even making top 4. Many even argued that our team was a midtable team with mediocre players to absolve Mourinho. Ole not only has us back in the top 4, he also has the team showing championship winning form and is getting the best out of our players.

Rozski

At this point I can’t see how the risks that would come with signing Ole permanently wouldn’t be much smaller than the risks of bringing in anyone else. The club is performing in exactly that way all fans would hope right now. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush and all that. Especially when that bird is a club legend!

I also don’t get those doubting Ole’s tactical chops. He’s coming in to big games with clear tactical plans that are logical and with only one exception have been successful. What more can be done?

And is Poch really any better tactically? I feel like he isn’t being scrutinized the same way and people are just assuming he’s better without really looking at it.

DBT85

Should only be one option.

So what if he fails next year? Give Ole time. Like no other club gives. Time to build his squad. He breathes United.
If we're playing shite by xmas next year and are 10th or something I don't expect him to be given much more time. Not that I think anyone else would either.

Sign him up and go get a RB, CB and Sancho. Whats £300m between friends?

Maxin

If we're playing shite by xmas next year and are 10th or something I don't expect him to be given much more time. Not that I think anyone else would either.

Sign him up and go get a RB, CB and Sancho. Whats £300m between friends?
Thats the problem with today’s football. Managers don’t get time. So what if we don’t win anything in 2-3 year. Let him build! And like others say, United plays like everyone wants them to play. Harmony!

TheLord

Up until the Chelsea match, I'd have said Poch.

There's a big case in giving Ole a two-year deal now rather than forking out millions for Levy et al.

DBT85

Thats the problem with today’s football. Managers don’t get time. So what if we don’t win anything in 2-3 year. Let him build! And like others say, United plays like everyone wants them to play. Harmony!
Not winning anything is not the same as being 10th at xmas.

United aren't going to sack Ole if he gets 4th 3 years running if we are playing good football and its just not coming off (a la Arsenal for example).

Status
Not open for further replies.