[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLord

^ I wrote that post assuming Poch is easily gettable if we dish out a few millions, which may not be the case

RasTiaGba

In all of the BBC One positive stuff about United yesterday, they were showing Ole to be like a new Sir Alex Ferguson who learned from him.

There is a danger that signing Poch would remove a better manager that we already have, in Ole. And put us back to 2013.

Scholsey2004

If we hired pochetino he'd want to bring in his own backroom staff so ole, phelan and some of the others would be leaving. We'd be right back to the moyes appointment shake up. Not hiring ole now would be a huge mistake.

Peter Brewer

Sorry, misread your post. But tbh I only support United and not really any team from Norway. I have however followed Ole's work somewhat since he came to Molde.
Allright. Anyhow, if you followed Ole, you've noticed that his results are better, the better teams he manages.
He even develops and sells players in Molde at a 1:4 earnings ratio in Norway.
And he got tactics spot on towards big clubs in Europe League as well, making the most out of his inferior players.
Imagine what he is capable of doing with a club not demandng to sell his best players all the time, but even buying top top players.
Ole got exactly what it takes to carry the true United legacy on. He has been a stellar student of all what makes our club special, off and on the pitch. Values that are so evidently shining through already. And he is not a bit intimidated for this big task, Ole only feels blessed and commited. Just like when he played here. His lack of nerves rubs off on his team. Ole is as close to a Messiah we can get imo. He has the potentual to fill the gap after Sir Alex.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveJ

Sterling Archer

It's approaching the stage where appointing anyone else will do more harm than good.
That's my feeling as well. Ole''s short time here has been such an overwhelming success, compared not just to the early part of this season but literally the entire period after Sir Alex retired. You get the sense that maybe we really did need a manager that was United at heart.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
@Peter Brewer I hope you're right and if he gets the job that's exactly what happens. He must be living the dream right now, for the second time in his life.

It's not the right time to be aruing with fellow posters and not something I normally do.

Peter Brewer

@Peter Brewer I hope you're right and if he gets the job that's exactly what happens. He must be living the dream right now, for the second time in his life.

It's not the right time to be aruing with fellow posters and not something I normally do.
Everyone are entitled to their opinions, I got carried away and initially mistakenly assumed you were a Norwegian United supporter and didn't support Ole for the wrong reasons. My apologies.

Vadim

Ole please. I'm sold. Back him with money, let him buy a right winger, a right back and maybe a CB. We're golden, he gets United and what it means to try and win every single match.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Everyone are entitled to their opinions, I got carried away and initially mistakenly assumed you were a Norwegian United supporter and didn't support Ole for the wrong reasons. My apologies.
That's alright, we're good now ;)

Vagene

How can anyone still be voting for anyone else but Ole after the past two months is beyond me.

The change in form, mood, results has been quite something. Beat Liverpool on Sunday and I think the jobs his if it isn’t already.

He’s so god dam positive, he oozes respect. After two negative and miserable managers in Jose and Van Gaal this has been a breath of fresh air.

Hiring anyone but Ole would be a mistake in my opinion, just hope his name can lure the players we need this summer

Last edited by a moderator:

Masskh

Anyway, Ole would not back to molde, United or not he will get a job in PL.

Peter Brewer

Massive swing in the % after the Chelsea game.
Yes, that last game ticked all the boxes and had massive impact on supporters and pundits.:D

There's also been concerns if Ole has a name big enough to attract top top players.
Well, it seems like it's movement in that direction too. And frankly, why shouldn't it? Most players crave playing attacking free flow football with a solid defence. And if they can improve as players as well under Ole, which they see happens now in United? It's a no brainer. This last game was the tipping point for fans, pundits and professional players I guess. May it last long:D

Bale wants United

http://sportwitness.co.uk/la-liga-player-wants-transfer-manchester-united-club-prefer-sell-chelsea/

TRUERED89

How can anyone still be voting for anyone else but Ole after the past two months is beyond me.

The change in form, mood, results has been quite something. Beat Liverpool on Sunday and I think the jobs his if it isn’t already.

He’s so god dam positive, he oozes respect. After two negative and miserable managers in Jose and Van Gaal this has been a breath of fresh air.

Hiring anyone but Ole would be a mistake in my opinion, just hope his name can lure the players we need this summer
I don't see why not, with the direction Ole is taking the team, the world can see joining United now would be one hell of an exciting prospect. Plus we offer insane wages and don't shy away from offering huge transfer fee's either, we are willing to out bid anyone. The stadium, the fans, the few world class players we do already have here, I don't see why we can't attract elite players.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I have no doubt Ole Gunnar Solskjær will be United's next manager. Of interest will be how his team plays when he gets a pre season to bed down his idea's and a summer transfer window to bring in his own players. Here he's done a fine job of making best use of what he has inherited.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I have no doubt Ole Gunnar Solskjær will be United's next manager. Of interest will be how his team plays when he gets a pre season to bed down his idea's and a summer transfer window to bring in his own players. Here he's done a fine job of making best use of what he has inherited.
If Solskjaer is given job, one more interesting thing is how much fitness will improve. As it is, our players' fitness levels is poor/average (God knows what we did in last 2 years) and players are gassed out by 60-65th min.

Scholsey2004

Yes, that last game ticked all the boxes and had massive impact on supporters and pundits.:D

There's also been concerns if Ole has a name big enough to attract top top players.
Well, it seems like it's movement in that direction too. And frankly, why shouldn't it? Most players crave playing attacking free flow football with a solid defence. And if they can improve as players as well under Ole, which they see happens now in United? It's a no brainer. This last game was the tipping point for fans, pundits and professional players I guess. May it last long:D

Bale wants United

http://sportwitness.co.uk/la-liga-player-wants-transfer-manchester-united-club-prefer-sell-chelsea/
Do we really want Bale now Sancho is on the scene?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Maybe not really, at least until he's a lot cheaper. But that's beside the point Bale suggesting his preference for United ;)
Never really wanted Bale at OT, but if he now wants to come, that in itself speaks volumes. If he was really cheap, or a straight swap with Sanchez or Lukaku (all very unlikely), then I would welcome him here, but would be injured for half the season. Sancho certainly ticks a lot of boxes, Felix looks very skilful, and could be a world star, so someone will make the right decision, I hope, to get one of these players here.

Scholsey2004

Never really wanted Bale at OT, but if he now wants to come, that in itself speaks volumes. If he was really cheap, or a straight swap with Sanchez or Lukaku (all very unlikely), then I would welcome him here, but would be injured for half the season. Sancho certainly ticks a lot of boxes, Felix looks very skilful, and could be a world star, so someone will make the right decision, I hope, to get one of these players here.
My worry is Woodward sees bale available for £70m and decides we've got to have him. 29 year old bale would probably be as bad a signing as 29 year old Sanchez.

432JuanMata

Feck Poch, most of us don't want him, I never did.. The guy who says "winning trophies is for ego's" that's a sackable offence in my eyes...
Oh give it over, I don't like this if I'm for Ole I'm against Poch vice versa it's like the reashford Martial thing under mourinho all over again.
Poch has made Spurs into a top 3 side season after season on a tight budget which is incredible impressive and is my favourite choice. I'll be happy with ole with how things are going so it's a win win to me.
But Poch is right a FA cup might be a trophy but he wants better I love the ambition which would fit in excellent here as Arsenal won the FA cup a few times but Wenger was crucified as top 4 is better and at United fa cup is not that great without a title challenge or CL.

Anyway this is a win win Ole gets top 4 and keeps the job or Poch gets it I don't mind I feel like we are getting back to the old United exciting times

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think United need to hire a DoF before even deciding if Ole should get the job or not.

Adebesi

I think United need to hire a DoF before even deciding if Ole should get the job or not.
That's one seriously big bloody call they'd have to make, very, very quickly after they arrived.

I think we left it too late. Unless the decision on a DOF has already been made but hasn't been announced, which is possible but doubtful, any incoming DOF will have an advisory role in this, and in our summer acquisitions, at best. The decision will have to be made by Woodward.

Which is disappointing.

Joestlaachmkr

Supports
Arsenal
I have never understood why Man Utd went for candidates like Moyes, LvG and Mourinho.. when there clearly was better candidates available.

Status
Not open for further replies.