[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries

OldRed1

Just in the local library and saw the international Express where somebody, whose name I've forgotten, gave a scathing report on those who want Ole as manager. Basically said they'd only played midtable teams apart from Paris and how Poch would have done a lot better. He never mentioned Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool or maybe he thinks those teams are midtable. Worth a look if you can find it.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I still think I’m in some kind of coma.... mid December who would have believed Ole would appear on a white charger? Even with talk that JM should go, who considered Ole?

TRUERED89

OGS the Mayor of London! he's more than earned his shot. I'm still buzzing off the Palace win! Roll on Southampton we need revenge for the 2-2 earlier in the season, which funnily enough got Mark Hughes sacked, that's how rubbish we were thought of under Jose, that even relegation clubs thought drawing with us was unacceptable :lol:

Honest John

I still think I’m in some kind of coma.... mid December who would have believed Ole would appear on a white charger? Even with talk that JM should go, who considered Ole?
Let's face it Liv, he's saved the day for us on numerous occasions.

redmanx

What if Spur want OGS as their manager in exchange of Pochettino ?

Do you accept this exchange?
NO! Poccettino has done nothing, apart from make Spurs regular top 4 contenders, not title challengers, or even runners up, just top 4. Its not as if Spurs were a smaller club like Leicester, no offense intended, Spurs should expect to be challenging for at least top 4 and other trophies. Yes, his teams play attractive football, but they don't win trophies. Ive never seen the appeal of him unless there was absolutely no other decent choice. Ole has turned our season on its head, we're playing football at least as attractive as Spurs and are winning games while Spurs flounder. Next season, under Ole, we'll continue to improve, will Spurs under Pocchettino I wonder?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
How do you guys reckon Zidane would have handled this job? Do you think he could get the squad firing like ole?

Paul_Scholes18

How do you guys reckon Zidane would have handled this job? Do you think he could get the squad firing like ole?
I think he could have got Pogba and Martial going too speaking some french with them if needed. I think he could also have been tactically better against PSG. Not sure he would lift players like Lindelöf, Rashford,Shaw and Lingard as much though. Would probably have dropped more points in the league.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

Paul InceUlt

Now you've done it you swine, I've a mental picture of Ole doing an Imran Khan and leaving us to become prime minister of Norway.
I think Ole will aim higher and go for the position as His Royal Highness the King of Norway, if he were to leave.

Then again, if he became prime minister he’d probably would go to a state meeting in the US and actually make Trump perform on an international level. Sound unlikely, but he managed to sort out Jose’s mess. Nothing is impossible.

Last edited:

OleTheGreat

there will be riots at OT if not
Rightly so! He deserves at least one year contract to show how much he can improve this squad. I can already see this team on a high with the additions of Koulibay, Win-Bassaka and a decent winger on the right. We will get rid of a few players and then our march towards the 21st title will begin.

JMack1234

I think he would of done okay but his lack of English would be an issue. Not in a Brexit sort of way, but Ole has shown just how important it is to get the fans onside and develop that emotional connection between the fans and the team and there's no way that Zidane would be able to do that.

Still, I don't subscribe to the Zidane is a Pep Guardiola is my idol school of thought.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No. Likewise I don't think Ole could go to Real Madrid and do as well as he has done at United.

Zidane is a legend of world football and his words would have carried weight, even via a translator. However, Ole's been helped hugely by the fact that he's a United legend. He speaks from experience when he talks about the United way and his success as a player can be used as proof it works. If he was anyone else he'd have been trying to import an external culture into the club and that's always touch and go.

Zidane would have done well but I am not sure anyone could've done as well as Ole, at this club, in this setting.

Tiber

I'm not suggesting that those who still haven't switched their vote to Ole should be dragged outside and flogged.

But I have heard worse ideas....

Revan

Assumptionman
No fecking way. In long term, it is very likely that he might have done better than Ole, but initially no. He doesn't even speak English, doesn't have a rapport with anyone at United, and likely wouldn't know abilities of half of our players.

Mr Smith

Officially changed my vote to Ole, and am now 100% behind giving him the United job. He's done everything I could have expected of him, and dealt with the challenges he's faced admirably, including a demoralising defeat against PSG and a serious injury crisis. Best man for the job, and I'm fairly certain the board will agree.

cantonaldo

No brainer given his record so far. He will cost very little compared to Poch, and the money saved can go towards improving the squad. What's there not to like if he becomes permanent.

JMack1234

Changed my vote to Ole.

I thought that'd be the last man standing, i'd be like the Japanese soldier fighting the battle for Poch when the war is over but the job Ole has done has made his case for the job indisputable.

I can't wait to see what Ole can do with a transfer window and the time to shape and mould his squad.

dove

Surely it's gonna be Ole and rightly so. I was waiting to see how we bounce back from defeat against PSG and I think we did well. At this point it's just impossible not to give a job to him.

Tony247

I don't think Ole will go for big signings during summer. It would be just 1 or best case 2 max key signings. Looking at the things there will be either a RW or RB. And a number 10 possibly.

I would like to see a good quality CB but I doubt that will happen.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Let's face it Liv, he's saved the day for us on numerous occasions.
Exactly.

I remember arguing his case many a time and getting abuse for it. Because Fergie preferred Cole and Yorke, the United unfaithful decreed that Ole was only any good as a sub - which was garbage and I don't think Fergie ever said as much, or thought it. He started and scored in many games, went on to partner Ruud in United's most successful pairing since the early 60s, then replaced Beckham on the right wing and was pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.