[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redzombie

so, after six years of different formations, styles and "philosophies", the trick to managing us was just allowing the players to play like Manchester United. Football is shockingly simple at times.

Tony247

half the team injured. played with academy kids. architect of the greatest comeback in united history.

Every goddam club now will be ringing Ole.

Scholsey2004

52.4% of respondents on this poll still don't think ole is our best option? Is RAWK linked in on this poll?

cyril C

If Poch had come in when Ole did, there is no way he would have achieved anything even close to what Sir Ole has done.

Would love to hear what the skeptics think now. When's our true test again again sorry?
Arsenal game? If we win that doesn't count.....

Tony247

I am sure and I hope the board has already decided and announcement is just a formality. If there is slightest hint or rumor that the board is in market for permanent manager then there will be mutiny, fans will go berserk, massive protest will break out in and outside of OT. Fans will toast the board.

Abizzz

At what point can I become annoyed with Ed for not having done the obvious yet? From post match interviews it's clear Ole wouldn't need to think long and at this point about 50% of the questions he faces are concerning this... questions he can't answer because it's not his decision. At some point that's gotta be annoying and we don't want our smiling miracle to be annoyed in any way!

An Irish Red

He's pretty much guaranteed to be the next manager now. The only question mark is whether or not he can build a great squad, as we already know he has everything else.

If he can get things right in the summer then we're onto a real winner here. And he's one of our own, which makes so much times better as I'd rather see us win one title with Ole than two with Poch etc.

Perth Reds

he probably signed on the dotted line weeks ago, keeping the speculation going takes the heat off the team, it would have to go down as the greatest mistake MU ever made not getting him as the new boss, Mmmm...even bigger than keeping Anderson for 8 long years :lol::lol:

Tiber

Neville is certain that Ole will be announced during the international break ... If not today, but he thinks that could distraction from Arsenal

minoo-utd

We gave it to Moyes, LVG and that Jose and all failed to find a clue or a plan, now we have Ole and regardless that win over PSG and these performances, he always maintains his ideas and seem like a man who don't go fight like Jose said with players, above all that he knows and letting everyone aware what team they play for. He unintended players staff fans and everyone in such unbelievable small time, sticking with his ideas.

Worth a try?
Absofeckinglutely.

Tony247

Almost 800 still want Poch. :rolleyes:

And 1 voter defected from Arsene Wenger camp. :D

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I can see the club waiting a bit longer. On one hand, it is clear, on the other hand, they might do not want to distract anything

Brightonian

How the eff Poch is only 15% behind Solskjaer is beyond me. This thread is a joke now.
People with lives not going back to change their votes in football polls on internet forums? Enemies of the regime, signing their names for execution.

DBT85

Man just close the poll and redo it now. There's no way a third of people still want Poch. Its clear many have not revisited the thread and changed their poll.

21 people still want Arsene Wenger?

5 Still want Marco Silva?

19 want Gareth fecking Southgate?

Teja

I'm wondering if Ed got into a sneaky pre-contract agreement with Zidane / Poch before Ole was hired. Makes no sense to not give him the job at this point.

purgethefallen

They've appointed nearly 3 times as many managers in their history as United have. In many instances, most have had less than 50 games in charge (a season). I do agree to an extent about what you are saying in that I don't buy into the "we are not a sacking club", we are when it suits.

Real sack their top managers for little or no reason, look at ZZ recently. Three CL wins on the bounce a La Liga and the rest. He isn't alone in this respect either, Carlo was another successful manager relieved of his duties for being a success. There are other examples in recent history as well.

This is the difference, would United sack a manager winning leagues and Champions leagues? Not a chance they would, Real on the other hand?

The problem in recent times is that this has all stemmed from one bad appointment in Moyes and we've struggled to steady the ship since. The options available at times of sacking / hiring new manager haven't been great either. We had a chance at Pep but we ballsed that one up royally due to miscommunication from all reports. Klopp turned us down and most other top candidates at the time were committed elsewhere.

We need to get the DoF right, our transfer and scouting set up in place and hire a manager who will adhere to our ideals. Ole, Poch or ZZ are probably the 3 best candidates it seems.
This is very reminiscent of when Sir Matt left, it took years and years to find the right manager (Fergie).

I sincerely hope it doesn't take that long again.

purgethefallen

Three months ago I couldn't wait for season to end. No I don't want it to end. Playing great stuff. On great run. In with shout of top 4 , still in CL and Fa cup. More of the same next season,ole in please :devil: this is what following a team is about,ENJOYMENT .
I've been a United supporter since '68 (when I was six), but the last few years have been really painful and my interest waned.

Since Ole has come back the interest has re-ignited and now I can't wait for the next United game.

Reactions: Sultan

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
Even if he weren't offered the united job, he would be offered so many top jobs.
You ever heard of Roberto Di Matteo? Just because a club icon works for your club does not mean they are an elite level manager.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Man just close the poll and redo it now. There's no way a third of people still want Poch. Its clear many have not revisited the thread and changed their poll.

21 people still want Arsene Wenger?

5 Still want Marco Silva?

19 want Gareth fecking Southgate?
Either opposition fans or complete idiots.

shaky

You ever heard of Roberto Di Matteo? Just because a club icon works for your club does not mean they are an elite level manager.
Alternatively, just because Roberto Di Matteo turned out to be a lemon, it doesn't mean that every ex-player who starts off well when managing their old club is destined to follow the same career trajectory.

Anustart89

And if we're going to be doing this judgment by common denominator thing, have you heard of Zinedine Zidane and Pep Guardiola? It could swing both ways, but on current evidence Ole's performing at the level of an elite level manager with a below elite level team.

I'm fairly certain that if we went for Pochettino then Spurs would be all over Ole, and they'd be as well off as us for it.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
And if we're going to be doing this judgment by common denominator thing, have you heard of Zinedine Zidane and Pep Guardiola? It could swing both ways, but on current evidence Ole's performing at the level of an elite level manager with a below elite level team.

I'm fairly certain that if we went for Pochettino then Spurs would be all over Ole, and they'd be as well off as us for it.

Your sample size of 17 games in order to judge Ole is banter.

RDM won us the CL, FA cup and had us in 3rd, 4 points off top despite 2 wins in our last 8 games when he was sacked the following season. He wasn’t beating away offers with a stick from elite clubs, that’s all my initial post was saying to the guy I quoted.

Agree he can go both ways but for people to think if he doesn’t get the United job (he will) he will be inundated with offers from elite clubs is just plain delusional as football doesn’t work like that.

FFK Norway

Supports
Fredrikstad FK and Brighton
Your sample size of 17 games in order to judge Ole is banter.

RDM won us the CL, FA cup and had us in 3rd, 4 points off top despite 2 wins in our last 8 games when he was sacked the following season. He wasn’t beating away offers with a stick from elite clubs, that’s all my initial post was saying to the guy I quoted.

Agree he can go both ways but for people to think if he doesn’t get the United job (he will) he will be inundated with offers from elite clubs is just plain delusional as football doesn’t work like that.
How much experience did RDM have when he took over Chelsea?? Solskjær has already been a manager for more than 10 year's.

So it's not his first rodeo. He won two year's in a row first time in Molde. When he came home again he started out making a fresh team with young players.

He almost won it last season. This season they will win. For Ole it will be Molde or United nothing else

Tony247

Spurs lost. hahaaaahahahahahhaahaha. Now they too are fighting to avoid 5th place. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.