[Poll] Next permanent United manager

Who do you think should be the next permanent manager of Manchester United?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

In Rainbows

I would be pissed if it's Allegri. I want someone who will integrate the youth and get us playing attacking football. And I'm not one of those fans who just wants to shoehorn youngsters into the squad (hence my past criticisms of Blackett and Mctominay). If they're not good enough they need to prove themselves elsewhere on loan. I just feel that with the current up and coming young talent, we need a manager that will give these specific players a chance due to the quality and potential they have shown. Best group we've had in a while.

And the reason for attacking football isn't just for show. It's the fact that our players have had 3 managers in Moyes, LVG, and Mourinho. None of them looked like they could get them to play anything resembling a side that has attacking chemistry. This is why we had threads in the past dedicated to our lack of movement and impetus. An attacking manager that is known for getting his sides rocking should be the first person and most trusted person to solve that problem. So far it's only been 2 matches, but Ole has already achieved that basic fundamental. There's a chance that it doesn't last so we need to make sure it's an attacking manager that gets the job if Ole doesn't prove himself worthy of the job.

Rocknrolla69er

Bit of a strange situation my head says we go for Allegri as I’ve previously posted, that doesn’t mean I agree with the choice. I think we could be about to make the same mistake as when we appointed Mourinho if the press reports are true, by gambling a coach will change his philosophy if appointed as our coach, simply because he’s in the boards blinkered opinion the best/only option available.

Hopefully the board see sense , but I’m starting to think Woodward has big name obsession.

If this is the case Woodward needs removing ASAP from all footballing decisions, and a sporting director needs appointing ASAP to assist with the coaching decision.

As some have stated, see how Solskjaer does, he’s motivated the squad can he keep them motivated down the line if so and he can get results against the stronger teams give the guy the job as he’s proven he can get us playing good football and he gets and applys the United way

Last edited by a moderator:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Which young player has come through in four years under Allegri? Ed Woodward is a fool.

Bestietom

We will go all out to try and get Poch this summer, but It will be down to him. Zidane will be next in line.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
It won't be Allegri; that's all paper talk. I doubt that our board has sounded out any potential managers. Potchettino and Zidane are obvious candidates but they will hire a DOF first and then do the shortlisting with the DOF accordingly.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Allegri and the 500 other names we'll hear before hiring a DOF will be just paper talk. I think the obvious choice is Potch but that is down to circumstances.

It's interesting to see how OGS will do with his chance - he may force the board to hire him. Who knows.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I like this bit;

Hopefully the truth and not a PR charm offensive.
"The Glazers are huge United traditionalists"...?

Who on Earth could even entertain such utter dross?

These are the people who have run the last 5 years of the club! Employed Moyes (at Fergie's request or not, they employed the fecker and gave him that daft contract), employed LvG and kept him for too long with that awful, dreary football, and then employed Mourinho - the King of cynical football, and gave him a fecking extension...

Yeah, they are clearly "huge United traditionalists..."

Allegri could easily be a Glazer/Woodward pick. Hopefully Ole and the fanbase let them know the way United should play.

WPMUFC

I've got a spark of hope that the early sacking of Jose, the club insisting that Ole is only a caretaker, are positive steps in an "ethos" change within the club hierarchy. However let's be honest, unless there is some interview by woodward highlighting this change, and he suggests there has been a fundamental shift in approach to club management, zidane will always been the likely option. 3 time CL winning manager that is available with out breaking a massive contract fee, it fits Woodward's M.O. to a tee.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
These are the people who have run the last 5 years of the club! Employed Moyes (at Fergie's request or not, they employed the fecker and gave him that daft contract), employed LvG and kept him for too long with that awful, dreary football, and then employed Mourinho - the King of cynical football, and gave him a fecking extension...

Yeah, they are clearly "huge United traditionalists...
It could be argued that trying their best to trust the manager more than any other top club would do is somewhat a Utd tradition.

Not that I believe that article is anything other than rubbish.

Unitedssss

I would want Poch but if Ole takes us in the right direction and we qualify for Champions League. If he has proven that he is worthy to take over on a permanent basis I would more than gladly take Ole as a permanent manager.

Kapardin

Calling Ed a tosser, idiot etc because of a lousy romour. Oh red cafe
After the 3 idiots we hired, you should excuse people if they get worked up over seeing the name of a defensive manager linked to us.

I'm just worried by one thing all the Allegri articles say, that the club "accepts it will be difficult to take Poch from Spurs if he guides them to a consecutive top 4 finish" -- I just hope this doesn't mean Ed is penny pinching. Poch will cost about as much as Fred did, but I'm sure it's only a question of how much Levy wants.

Of course, even i'm sceptical about the article that we would move from Poch to Allegri, who have completely different playing styles. Even Ed isn't that stupid to repeat the LvG-to-Jose transition again. But, I'm just worried the Glazers may start counting coins over Poch instead of paying whatever is needed to get him.

Mr PG

Everyone told woody to appoint Mourinho and look how that ended. I hope he ignores the Poch and gives it to ole if he’s successful here.

Judas

Open to offers
The place wouldn't become as toxic as it has been if we hired Allegri, but the football wouldn't be a whole lot better. I'd hope that Jose will have taught the decision makers a lesson that we require a certain kind of football from now on, and nothing else will do.

Anders Agnalt

Zidane. Build the perfect team and he'll accept managing it! If he thinks the team is unable to win a season he'll quit and run back to France!

Allegri, who?

Poch. Bring him, pay a lot. He'll stay a couple of years and when he gets an offer from Real Madrid or PSG he'll move on.

I really don't see any of those 3 as a lasting manager for the next 10-20 years. Big names will result in big changes and we'll have the past 5 years all over again. We need a manager that is able to adapt to the club and not the other way around.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedIan

I voted for Ollie, to early to decide really but he is a breath of fresh air and 100% loyal to the cause - ive really enjoyed the last 2 games and so looking forward to the next match. Under Jose that wasn't happening, the enjoyment had gone.
So for me if Ollies team do well and get a high % match win from now until season end, why change it??

Keefy18

Zidane. Build the perfect team and he'll accept managing it! If he thinks the team is unable to win a season he'll quit and run back to France!

Allegri, who?

Poch. Bring him, pay a lot. He'll stay a couple of years and when he gets an offer from Real Madrid or PSG he'll move on.

I really don't see any of those 3 as a lasting manager for the next 10-20 years. Big names will result in big changes and we'll have the past 5 years all over again. We need a manager that is able to adapt to the club and not the other way around.
You're not going to get managers sticking at a club for 10-20 years anymore mate, it just won't happen. Wenger & Fergie were the last of a dying breed. There's far too much pressure on managers to deliver instantly from the media and fans a like.

If we get 5-6 seasons from a manager and are successful (win a league or two or possibly a CL) then that'll be a miracle return pretty much.

cfkane

"The Glazers are huge United traditionalists"...?

Who on Earth could even entertain such utter dross?

Yeah, they are clearly "huge United traditionalists..."

Allegri could easily be a Glazer/Woodward pick. Hopefully Ole and the fanbase let them know the way United should play.
I don't know if they are HUGE United traditionalists, but to be fair, it's still Old Trafford and not Kohler or TAG Heuer Stadium.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don't know if they are HUGE United traditionalists, but to be fair, it's still Old Trafford and not Kohler or TAG Heuer Stadium.
They floated the idea of selling the stadium naming rights to PepsiCo a few years back. Fortunately, they thought better of it.

How does Pepsi Cola Old Trafford sound?

Trizy

I still can't believe Zidane is second in the poll. Thus far he's proven himself as a well respected motivator in a team of super talented drama queens. From a sqaud building and tactical point of view he's shown nothing more than your average manager. And average managers just don't cut it at the highest level (Moyes).

Of course you could use the same argument we used on Pep before coming here but Pep has a style and system in place. A fanatic for perfection and structure. In hindsight with his budget he was always gonna succeed.

Zidane wasn't impressive at Madrid and luck mixed with a prime best in the world 11 while other big guns fell off in Europe was the main factors to their CL glory.

cfkane

They floated the idea of selling the stadium naming rights to PepsiCo a few years back. Fortunately, they thought better of it.

How does Pepsi Cola Old Trafford sound?
As a Coca-Cola shareowner, I can't say the thought pleases me. :)

Any business would consider such a thing if a company made the approach, but at least they a smart enough to know it isn't worth it in the end.

L1nk

Anyone who's voted OGS is living in a fantasy dream land currently, it's no wonder we are where we are as a club, I love the man but it's been 2 games, even if he got us into 4th I would still take Pochettino.

GM K

I wish Ole will get it right and get the job. Jose is one of the best in the business and he struggled here. That says something. United has a unique DNA. It's almost like a British should be the British PM kind of thing. There's a spirit in the club. Let's stick to those who understand and share it if they are good enough.

Pochettino is the one for me,yet knowing our luck he'll come onboard and be a absolute disaster for us.
I dont know anything about Fonseca,Gasperini,Setien,Gallardo,Hag and Rose.
And Favre has only come to my attention due to his management of BVB this season.

Alabaster Codify7

Anyone who's voted OGS is living in a fantasy dream land currently, it's no wonder we are where we are as a club, I love the man but it's been 2 games, even if he got us into 4th I would still take Pochettino.

I have to agree. We need to make this decision with our heads, not our hearts.

red thru&thru

Does this guy speak English ? Very exciting option. Would need a Carrick type midfielder though.
Marco Rose and Rene Maric would be my choice if we don't get Poch. These two fit our club ethos like a glove. We should not get duped into big name management appointments again. We need to evolve our squad, rather than try and revolutionise it.

Adisa

Nail on head from Gary Neville. Winning titles at the moment is not this club's priority. This club needs a reorientation. I've been saying it for a year now.

Yakuza_devils

The last 5-6 years was really so bad that I would be contented with Ole. Forget about big name or established epl manager like Poch, success isn't guarantee.

Ole brought back the joy of watching Man Utd again. I just want to watch the club play attacking football again above everything else.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
This article seems genuine given the direct quotes from the man himself.

"I have a contract with Juventus and I am happy here," he said to reporters. "We are doing a great job together with the fans. There are many games to win before the end of the season, there is time before June.

"Italian football is fascinating, I am not tired of it. I want to stay to improve Italian football.

Which begs the question, why hasn't Poch made a similar statement of intent?

@GlastonSpur

Cardozo

Zidane isn’t the guy for the job and neither is Allegri. Neither have any connection with United and the same goes for Pochettino to be honest.

I genuinely think Ole could be the guy to lead this club for 10+ years with his attitude and the right assistants.

Maybe I’m old school but keeping our identity means a lot to me and even if you look at Liverpool now, nothing about them is really that scouse.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream

Adisa

Poch is not as good as Pep or Klopp. We are sssmoky not going to hire a better coach than those two.
However, it doesn't mean we should hire someone who does not fit our ethos because he's won a few trophies.
Hire the best fit available and focus on improving the squad. See where that takes us. We don't have to win the title next season. We need to build. If in the next years, someone even better becomes available, hire the man.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Why on earth would Aleggri come to United??? He's already done the hard yards at Milan and is chasing the CL with Juventus. We aren't gonna give him a platform to win the CL.

We either go for an up and coming manager, or we go for a manager looking for a new project. Both must be willing to work with a DoF. This excludes Poch as he has taken a liking to controlling Spurs long term planning (but the caftards have been ignoring this).

sugar_kane

Poch is not as good as Pep or Klopp. We are sssmoky not going to hire a better coach than those two.
However, it doesn't mean we should hire someone who does not fit our ethos because he's won a few trophies.
Hire the best fit available and focus on improving the squad. See where that takes us. We don't have to win the title next season. We need to build. If in the next years, someone even better becomes available, hire the man.
It's still a bit unfair to compare Poch to either of those two given the relative investment each manager has been allowed to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.