[Poll] Who do you think will be United's #1 next season?

Who will be United's #1 next season ?

• De Gea

• Valdes

• Cillessen

• Lloris

• Cech

• Handanovic

• Lindegaard

• Oblack

• Begovic

• Leno

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Until he is officially gone then I am not thinking about anyone apart from De Gea

manutddjw

De Gea.

I'm starting to think Real are just going to wait another year and take him for free. If they desperately wanted and needed him right now, they'd just pay what they needed to. They're not the type to mess around over price and I'm sure De Gea has told them that he wants to join.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
I'm starting to think we might as well keep De Gea for another season, you never know Casillas might become world class again and..................

NK86

Hardly! It's the main reason your current goalkeeper is leaving. Manchester isn't attractive to foreign wags and Cech already has a young family in London. Why would he choose to go to United over Arsenal at this moment?
London is the ONLY advantage you lot have over us. ONLY!

Our GK has his head turned because Real Madrid have come calling and he is a Madrid lad. You lot lost your foreign captain to us just 3 seasons back, despite us being in Manchester even then. Wonder why that happened?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hardly! It's the main reason your current goalkeeper is leaving. Manchester isn't attractive to foreign wags and Cech already has a young family in London. Why would he choose to go to United over Arsenal at this moment?
London is a hole, populated by people who think the world ends at the m25, talking of which there needs to be a 10000 ft wall built around the m25 with no gates in it.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
London is the ONLY advantage you lot have over us. ONLY!

Our GK has his head turned because Real Madrid have come calling and he is a Madrid lad. You lot lost your foreign captain to us just 3 seasons back, despite us being in Manchester even then. Wonder why that happened?
Sure it is, mate.

The only advantage you have over us right now is money. I have no doubt United will be back in the mix sooner rather than later (too much money from commercial deals not to be!) but we are currently the better team.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
You think if Manchester United were based in London then De Gea wouldn't be leaving this summer? I think not.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
You think if Manchester United were based in London then De Gea wouldn't be leaving this summer? I think not.
Fair point. The pulling power of Madrid is higher than any team in the Prem, unfortunately. Maybe his girlfriend's refusal to live in Manchester alerted Madrid that he might be available but, in the current situation, it doesn't matter what team he'd play for in our league; he'd probably leave.

Anyway, I didn't sign up here to insult United; rather to have discussions with your fans so don't want to go any further in this thread.

Flying_Heckfish

We haven't made any statement so at the moment it still looks like DDG. Once Real make a bid, we will know our intentions - if they really are going to make derisory bids then I doubt we will sell.

Valdes and Lloris are the alternatives, depending on how highly LvG rates Valdes.

NK86

Sure it is, mate.

The only advantage you have over us right now is money. I have no doubt United will be back in the mix sooner rather than later (too much money from commercial deals not to be!) but we are currently the better team.
You are CURRENTLY the more stable team and hence have performed marginally bettwr than us. But if you can see that we will be up there soon again, I am sure players can too. Cech will chose you in all probability but it will be because of his unwillingness to uproot his young family from a city he alreqdt lives in.

The Purist

Supports
Arsenal
You are CURRENTLY the more stable team and hence have performed marginally bettwr than us. But if you can see that we will be up there soon again, I am sure players can too. Cech will chose you in all probability but it will be because of his unwillingness to uproot his young family from a city he alreqdt lives in.
I disagree, but we'll leave it at that.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If we're in for Cech he won't go to Manchester. He's got a young family and Manchester is often viewed (rightly, in my opinion) as a dump by most players.
Not that I'm saying you're right, but most of the players don't even live in Manchester. They live in Cheshire, which is quite the opposite of a dump.

Roboc7

It s going to be Valdes no doubt about that, I think the question will be how long he can last as number one and who will come on as his backup. Will we bring in an up and coming keeper, stick with lindegaard or bring in genuine competition.

Two big concerns with Valdes are if his knee will be up to playing regularly and he is a keeper who will make lots and lots of errors just a question of whether or not he will get away with them or not. Personally I really don't think we should be relying on Valdes because he could be a disaster and would love to see someone like oblak come in but i think Valdes will be given a chance by LVG.

RK

Of the big hitters (de Gea, Valdes, Cech, Lloris) I think Valdes is the most likely.

De Gea I'm not sure will leave, but I doubt we'll keep him for 1 year and let him go, and he probably wants to go.
Cech has various options, and I think he's looked weak for the last 3 seasons, particularly at his near post and general agility.
Lloris is decent but not worth the £30m+ Levy would hold out for.
I'm not sold on Valdes but good enough to give us reason not to panic buy.

So I think Valdes or a more unknown quantity.

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Only 159 of us so far? Dissapointing.

Knowing the Real Madrid circus that ensues after a signing, this would have been announced already. We have a little over 3 weeks to go till pre-season doubt he will be going anywhere.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
People still voting for De Gea: let it go.

Just... let it go.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
just for the record, it's Oblak, not Oblack.
Oh and I still think De Gea's gonna stay, if that doesn't happen though, then I'll think about what next.

LitterBug

No-one likes (a) litterbug
Only 159 of us so far? Dissapointing.

Knowing the Real Madrid circus that ensues after a signing, this would have been announced already. We have a little over 3 weeks to go till pre-season doubt he will be going anywhere.
I'd like to bring this to everyone's attention since pre-season is upon us. Do people still think he will leave?