Positives for the coming season - things to look for.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Moaners can please stay away. Fecking Sick of all the negativity happening around.

- looking forward how Ole will implement a high pressing side.
- if Lukaku is sold, i really like look forward to yedder and how he turns up for us.
- with a new strong ball playing CB who is aerially dominant our full backs will be more involved and think AWB will be a surprise package in attack.
- there is a reason why Fred was considered as a replacement for Fernandinho. Think he will be much better this year.
- with Pogba leaving, Sanchez can own that whole left wing and show some decent form for us.
- excited about young players - Tuanzube, Longstaff,Greenwood,James all will have breakthrough seasons.

Other points ?

MrBest

Moaners can please stay away. Fecking Sick of all the negativity happening around.

- if Lukaku is sold, i really like look forward to yedder and how he turns up for us.
- with a new strong ball playing CB who is aerially dominant our full backs will be more involved and think AWB will be a surprise package in attack.
- there is a reason why Fred was considered as a replacement for Fernandinho. Think he will be much better this year.
- with Pogba leaving, Sanchez can own that whole left wing and show some decent form for us.
- excited about young players - Tuanzube, Longstaff,Greenwood,James all will have breakthrough seasons.

Other points ?
Im looking forward
To potentially winning a cup! I think Ole will put a lot of emphasis on Europa and league cups. Just
Adding to the post, i am most excited by James who i think has bags of potential, could be a steel. Also Greenwood Chong Tuanzabe and Gomes will be fun. Moreover, looking forward to the team working hard.

frookydinho

Excited about Greenwood. And also James pace will get us on the edge of our seats.

Oh and I'm looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe! I hope he gets a lot of minutes.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Our team could easily end up being fitter and harder working if pre-season is done properly and/or Lukaku (with his fitness issues) and Pogba (with his shall we say languid approach) leave.

Also, we're going to see the beginnining of a new team being built. Maybe that team will end up being crap too but it's a fresh start at least.

Finally, Ashley Young won't be our starting RB.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing James, Wan-Bissaka, Greenwood, Gomes, Chong, Axel etc get into the squad.
I'm just looking forward to football again too, we'll probably be rubbish but it's boring in the summer with no football.

AJ10

Molde played some decent football so hoping to see Ole implement that and Youngsters.

Jacob

My dream XI for peace of mind and enjoyment:

HENDERSON

AWB LINDELÖF TUANZEBE SHAW

FRED

PEREIRA McTOMINAY

RASHFORD GREENWOOD JAMES​

IrishRedDevil

- with a new strong ball playing CB who is aerially dominant
So you are looking forward to things that haven’t even been resolved yet?
I really thought we would have signed at CB by now.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Looking forward to see Greenwood, James and AWD in our team.

mancuniano

Hi all,
Sorry for my bad english, but I think you'll understand me. What I really think is United always need sign good starter players.
United spend a lot of Millions every year in normal players.

We need some consolidated players. I like Koulibaly or Maguire. But not to pay 75M€ or more.

In Spain is appearing Saul - Atlético Madrid 150M€. OMG. No please.
Bale no Please. Always injured.
But I prefer another players like Bruno Fernandes, AWB.

Also Dani Olmo will be a great player.
And we need a great ST.

mancuniano

And always, every day Paul Pogba in spanish newspapers. Every day, every moment.

I'd like he stay but if he don't want I understand, but I don't understand rebels players.

United is paying you a lot of money.
Respect the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red Royal

Love the idea of this thread.

Remember the days in December/January when Ole took over. Our unbeaten run,scoring 5 at Cardiff those away FA Cup nights in London? That was with THESE players (minus Herrera and Valencia).

I truly think it is our attitude that needs fixing moe than 6/7 signings. Half the caf think we are relegation fodder - simply not true. If we hit the ground running, againsts Franks Chelski we could take off.

SaintMuppet

I want to be entertained. I always played to entertain, I watch for the same reasons.

You don’t have to conquer the world guys. Put in 100% and entertain me.

That’s what I’m hoping for

steve88

Looking forward to a high press engertic team that play exciting football. I think james will surprise us as how good he can be not just attacking but pitting a shift in, I think AWB will be all good defensive and attacking wise as he has a good cross convertion when he attacks but at palace he didnt get to attack loads.

AgentP

I hope to see some good football with the team finally playing with some passion and chemistry. Also, hoping some of the youngsters will start delivering on their potential. Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, McT, James, AWB, Pereira, Tuanzebe and Shaw are the players I'll be rooting for this season.

AKDevil

Some new players and a team unit to try and get behind. Am really sick of seeing a lot of the players we had to watch last season. You’d see the teamsheet and know they were about to ruin your day.

Crashoutcassius

I do think 1 or 2 more signings will give us something more to look forward to. Other than that we do have the makings of a golden generation in the youth team that I hope ole makes something of starting right away.

Bestietom

I do think 1 or 2 more signings will give us something more to look forward to. Other than that we do have the makings of a golden generation in the youth team that I hope ole makes something of starting right away.
I agree with the young generation of youth getting their chance, but we badly need to build a strong midfield this season, and we certainly need more than 2 more players for this team.
If Pogba goes and Matic also, we will need 3 midfielders alone.
A CB is needed, and a replacement for Lukaku if he goes.

frookydinho

Forgot to add, really looking forward to AWB. Think hes a top top talent and a very good buy. Will add to our right hand side

Gordon S

Get the feeling Ole is working hard to get the players properly fit. Hopefully we will be able to press more and harder next season. Looking forward to that.
What can James do in the premier league?
Gomes and Greenwood, can they step up next season?
Maybe Shaw can take another step in his development?
Can Tuanzebe improve and perhaps even claim a starting position?

Things are not looking overly bright at the moment but there are definitely things to look forward to!

wolvored

Im eagerly awaiting to see who else we bring in and how the new training regime will impact on the players.
I have a feeling Greenwood will have a breakthrough season, maybe one or two others as well.
With Wan we have some genuine defence on the right side and this will help no end. With Dalot and James ( and maybe we might buy for there as well) we could have a good attack on that side as well, instead of it all coming from the left.

Lentwood

I am hoping to see a team that starts to out-run, out-battle and out-work opponents. I am sick to death of Utd being so predictable in rolling over to sides who want it more.

I would also like to see us coming together as some kind of cohesive unit. I would like to see players utilised in their proper positions and partnerships start to be formed on the pitch.

I would also like to see XI players on the pitch who are all capable of pressing and playing high-energy football. It would be nice to see at least one player on each flank who can get to the byline and deliver a decent cross.

Most of all, I would really like to see Juan Mata sat in the stands

Josep Dowling

My dream XI for peace of mind and enjoyment:

HENDERSON

AWB LINDELÖF TUANZEBE SHAW

FRED

PEREIRA McTOMINAY

RASHFORD GREENWOOD JAMES​
You never know we might win the Championship with that squad.

manunited1919

1- looking forward how Ole will implement a high pressing side.
2- if Lukaku is sold, i really like look forward to yedder and how he turns up for us.
3- with a new strong ball playing CB who is aerially dominant our full backs will be more involved and think AWB will be a surprise package in attack.
4- there is a reason why Fred was considered as a replacement for Fernandinho. Think he will be much better this year.
5- with Pogba leaving, Sanchez can own that whole left wing and show some decent form for us.
6- excited about young players - Tuanzube, Longstaff,Greenwood,James all will have breakthrough seasons.

Other points ?
1. Let’s hope it lasts more than a month and a half before injuries kill our season.
2. If, if, if. Have we signed Yedder? Most likely it will be Rashford.
3. If, if, if. We haven’t signed any CBs yet, but we did give an extension to Phil Jones. Surely you don’t mean him, do you?
4. There’s nothing wrong with hoping Fred improves, just don’t compare him to Fernandhino.
5. Pogba hasn’t left, and he will only leave if we get what we want for him, not what RM want to pay. Alexis will own the left side of our bench, he is completely done, no hope there.
6. The ideal situation would be to put these youngsters into low pressure situations. Instead, it looks like our season will depend on them making a real step up in class. Even if they do have some talent, they will come into difficult situations. Remember, our other young players such as Rashford and Lingard will be first choice, and the other youngsters will likely come in after them.

If you think I am moaning, perhaps you need just don’t like reality.

thesheriffjw

Only positives i can hope are,,,,,,

Pogba, sanchez, lukaku and matic go. Martial and lingard too. Holding other clubs to ransom for a change. Citehs record signing £62.5m!!!! Yet they have a team that good

Ole is given time to gel a team.

Youngsters and new signings are not berated at earliest opportunity.

Someone takes control of transfers

shiranaiotoko

Ole really cares, he tries and we can see it. He has vision. Is that vision correct or does he have this thing in himself to succeed - that's another story.
Also more transfers incoming, so maybe squad won't be that bad.

Irwin99

Assuming the Maguire transfer happens, I like the look of this defence:

AWB Maguire Lindelof Shaw

I'm still a bit undecided on Shaw but last season was an improvement and having two young full backs with a lot of potential is exciting, especially if they mature as players and stay at the club for years to come. Maguire and Lindelof are both comfortable in possession which should give us more passing options (PLEASE let these two be first choice). Hopefully De Gea will work on his kicking over the summer too which makes us a team that can play out from the back.

I still have hope that either McTom or Fred can make steps forward. I don't think Greenwood or James will be more than squad players this season but it'll be nice to see them get the odd game.

Looking forward to seeing Yedder and Fernandes if we get them and I think they'll complement the team ethic more than Pogba and Lukaku.

Most of all, some good high energy pressing and lightning counter attacks that we saw in Ole's first 10/12 games or so :drool:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

Other points ?
A lot of your Points are big "IF's" personally I think Lukaku and Pogba will be here next season, and getting a "a new strong ball playing CB who is aerially dominant" is very much not a done deal.

Things i'm positive about:
  • Ole seems to be try to address something that has probably been a problem of our team all decade that been the slow tempo we play at, he seems to really be prioritizing energy in his recruitment, which i'm delighted about.
  • Our full backs, Shaw by all accounts has been working really hard on his fittness in the off season and with wan bissaka and Dalot we have a lot of energy in these positions.
  • Tuanzube - 5 of the 6 centerbacks in our first team squad where her last season, none of them really excelled, and with it proving hard to bring a new centreback in or sell any of the ones we've got, Tuanzube maybe our best hope of an upgrade at the position, and going from his Villa form this is possible.

Eric's Seagull

Looking forward to seeing Daniel James hittig the defenders wuth hius blistering pace. also looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe getting a decent amount of minutes and hopefully showing he can mix it with the top teams :devil:

Rusholme Ruffian

Seen a few people mention how hard Shaw has been working this summer, and what good shape he's in. Sure that's a positive in one way, but doesn't it worry people how quickly he seems to go out of shape - or how hard he seemingly has to work just to get to the same level of fitness that seems to come naturally to others? Wasn't it last summer that he did all that work and came back looking really trim? He weirdly seemed to get bigger and less fit as the season progressed - really odd.