Post match v Liverpool

Chicharo

Sheer embarrassment.
We could've expected that the tough schedule would take its toll, but this is just inexcusable.
This is definitely gonna be a huge boost for them. As for us... we'll see

HookedOnAPhelan

They were unlucky at times today, but they ended up embarrassing the club. What the actual feck was that? Liverpool weren't even good. We just completely fecking crumbled.

hobbers

Also the end of any notion Antony might work out long term.

So bad it's laughable.

ObscureBaguette

The way we reacted to the Barca win and the Carabao Cup win always felt to me like it could come back to bite us. Some of those players played like they were on a comedown. The whole winning mentality thing we used to have where you react to victory by focusing on getting more of it just isn't there yet.

That said, we've been pulverised today. Torn apart. Embarrassed. The question is why these results keep happening. I thought on balance we'd lose today, but more like we did at Arsenal than like this. Liverpool were superb but we had no answers. The parts of our team that generally function best didn't function at all. A narrow defeat and you take it on the chin and accept we're not quite there yet, and that Anfield is a tough place to go. But this is shameful.

Alemar

Is it considered acceptable to give every player a rating of 1? None deserves more

dalriada

Seriously, difficult to explain this one. You could see some players getting a bit frayed around the edges in recent games and I guessed this would be a game where we were most likely to drop points, but didn't see this coming. Have players become a bit careless because we're on a good run, is it mental weakness that we haven't seen for a while? Or are there some games in the EPL that ETH doesn't get yet? Anyway, we'll never hear the last of this.

Eric_the_Red99

I guess Liverpool managed to find their inhalers for their cup final this season. Seriously, have you seen them run that hard at chasing down every loose ball since they won the league?

We just gave up though. Defence and midfield were non-existent in that second half. Absolute disgrace.

Levi1

At least we won the FA cup 5th round or whatever. Glad we didn't rotate

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Even the online user count is rubbing it in...

SB16

We've definitely got a lot of players nursing Anfield trauma from the past couple of seasons. Looked frightened from the first minute.

Mailo

No fight, no play in us today. I'm baffled why these were lacking to begin with, before the total collapse. No one winning 1st balls or 2nd balls at all. We were never in this today from the get go, and I will never understand this. The subs were horrible as well.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Just forget 2nd half and move on. Think its more a mental block for us rather than a lack of quality. The scoreline is not the true reflection of the game. We were good for a good 45 mins*. We managed their high tempo at start of 1st half, but failed to manage their high tempo in the 2nd half. Thats all.
*Maybe 38 minutes

Paul778

Worked ourselves into the game well after a shaky first 15 mins. Brain fart before half time cost us going in level and the game would have been different then.

Second half was extremely sloppying. Lots of blind passes from us trying to play out just inside our half. They

No need to talk about after 3-0 down. Whole team collectively switched off which is a problem but one I'm sure ETH will cover in detail.

Before that Casemiro seemed like he never fully run off his injury in the first half. Anthony i just don't get though - stayed on the whole 90 mins without providing any sort of threat and just slowed down that side. Would really have liked to have seen him subbed at half time with either Sancho or Sabitzer coming on.

So many of our goals come from the counter press and catching teams in transition. We need to get better at making the most of our chances that aren't these.

RuudTom83

We Are Back...just not the "back" we want to be!

What a disaster, but feck it! don't go overboard with the doom and gloom...just a very very bad game.

Zen

Makes me wish we weren't so nice when we've criminally outplayed them in the past and just ran up the score. But it's more of a thing now to be smashed - it's not massively exclusive to us, but were as bad as Barcelona in the CL for it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Any recent goodwill vanished today.

Our biggest humiliation ever. Feck the lot of them. Run off to do interviews with Sky and Rio Ferdinand now. Clowns.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I actually don’t feel that bad. Yes it was humiliating but we matched them in the first half. We just conceded a silly goal at the start of the second half and lost discipline as we tried to get back into the game by pumping players up front.

We played badly yes but only after the second goal. We should build on the first half positives. It’s only ETH first season and the rebuilding will continue.
Yea i concur. Best move on to the next one on thursday. As ferguson used always say you need to respond to lossess.

The one thing i would say is we are wrecked tired. And probably the celebrations from winning the Carabao took its toll.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apparently they ran something like 6/7km more than us today, too many matches in a short stretch of time. Need to dust off now and actually play some of the supposedly second players in the Europa to give players a well needed rest. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, incomings and outgoings still needed.

Appletonred

No excuses for throwing the towel in, abject, horrendous, and a reality check, Antony quite possibly Ten Hags worst signing, and Bruno is not
someone I would want next to me in the trenches, regardless of how good Utd have been recently this just undermines everything, unacceptable.