Post match v Liverpool

Delano

Madness. The refs need to check whether Liverpool players had magnets in their feet. Was like watching FIFA at times.

Utter shambles though, regardless of how ludicrous it was.

Nick7

I feel like we’ve had a game like that in our recent past. Whereas everybody said it flattered us, I suspect that won’t be the narrative here.
Yeah we do. We’re not totally consistent yet due to the depth of the squad and the amount of play time our important players get. There are games where just everything falls against us. It is what it is. Even the Brentford game earlier in the season, just felt like everything went against us. I don’t feel this game was worse than the City game at the Etihad earlier in the season, but the score line says differently.

miked99

Career defining moment for some of these players today. Truly shameful. We could win three Champions Leagues on the spin but it still won't change the fact that we lost seven fecking nil to Liverpool. This game will go down in history.

For the first time in a good while we seemed to have a bit of aura about us as a serious team that was gaining respect. All gone now, just like that.

I've been a United fan since the 70s. This is surely the worst performance I've ever seen.

eire-red

Has to be up there as one of the worst days as a United fan. Actually, one of the worst days supporting any team.

The measure of this team will be the reaction to it - but this should never be forgotten. EtH should have that scoreboard posted at the entrance to Carrington. A reminder of what happens when you let standards slip on the pitch.

BuzzKillington

No amount of fatigue would explain us getting trounced 7-0. Lose with 1-0 or even 3-0, but 7-0 is a fecking disgrace. Period. I can't be bothered to look, but it's probably our worst loss in PL history in terms of a result and certainly our worst loss given that we lost to our arch rival. It's beyond disgusting what happened today and there's no two ways about it.
Not just of the premier league era but of all time.

Lifted from google:

“Man United's biggest loss of all time is 7-0. They have suffered a 7-0 defeat on three occasions, to Blackburn Rovers on 10 April 1926, to Aston Villa on 27 December 1930 and Wolves on 26 December 1931. These games all represent Man Utd's biggest ever league defeats.”

Our biggest loss in nearly 100 years. Let that shit sink in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We have just returned these mugs confidence and they are going to go and hammer Real Madrid before going on to lift the Champions League.
They're not going to overturn a 3 goal deficit away at Madrid.

Almost any other club I'd worry they still had a chance, especially at Anfield, but Madrid have a proper winner's mentality.

SER19

Some players have put themselves on the transfer list today and have 3 months to save their United careers.

Bending over for harvey Elliott and 2 ageing midfielders.

By far and away the worst performance I've ever seen as a fan

sugar_kane

We looked good after the WC and beat Barcelona. We didn't buy our hype, we were (and hopefully still are) good. One unprecedented hammering doesn't change that
I’m referring to the hype generated by beating Barca and winning the league cup and our general decent run of results since the turn of the year.

It was a complacent, naive and at times borderline arrogant display.

Betson

Work with a lot of Liverpool supporters , in terms of slagging I can give as good as I get. But what the fcuk can you say after a match like that. Phone is already hopping , many txts/messages from people I would not hear from one end of the year to the other.Beyond embarrassing.

Roy Keane has just said if he was part if a team that surrendered like that he would hide for a month , of course that is not an option for team or supporters.

A lot of the good will built up has been destroyed today.

But ETH is still the best man to take us forward , he will be as seething as any of us and will leave no stone un-turned to right this some day. But the next few days are not going to be easy.

Lost bear

Apparently they ran something like 6/7km more than us today, too many matches in a short stretch of time. Need to dust off now and actually play some of the supposedly second players in the Europa to give players a well needed rest. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, incomings and outgoings still needed.
You’re living dangerously on here with all this reasonableness!

RG 11

I wasn’t too fussed till it was 4 goals (I mean all things considered). Players were clearly shot and we could just chalk it up to fatigue and bounce back quickly.

But a history making loss and our crazy fixture list means that we might just not recover from this.

Will take a lot of effort for Ten Hag to get the players out of this. Some of them have absolutely 0 mettle.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
None of this "tiredness" "too many games" nonsense.

7-0 is an utterly disgrace

al tuna

This should kill off the folks who keep ranting that "we're back" and we can compete for the league. It's a bitter pill to swallow losing like that at Anfield. They were clearly up for it, United were not.

Did I want United to lose 7-0? Of course not. BUT EtH can look at whoever the new owners are in the summer and tell them who he needs and hopefully he gets a few more of the players in he needs. All he'll have to mention is getting embarrassed at Anfield on a Sunday evening while the entire world watched. If the new owners want to correct it, they'll be able to.

Our squad depth is horrendous, it won't just be starters United should be looking for, the bench needs a lot of additions as well.

I'm upset but fair play to them. United needed to come crashing down to Earth. Still competing in two competitions and top 4 still firmly in our grasp though. I'm gutted, but I'll get over it. The team can either fold or keep scrapping until (hopefully) the team and bench get an injection over the summer. We'd have folded under everyone else after SAF. Anxious to see how the season progresses now after this dreadful result.

Genuinely have no idea how EtH goes about fixing it though. Been watching United since 95 and woof...worst half of football I can remember off the top of my head watching from them.

Heinzesight

Some players have put themselves on the transfer list today and have 3 months to save their United careers.

Bending over for harvey Elliott and 2 ageing midfielders.

By far and away the worst performance I've ever seen as a fan
Worst 45 minutes I have ever seen from us. What the feck happened in the dressing room at half time? We did ok first half.

madzo2007

Shambolic. Everyone had an off game, defensive errors all over the place. Hopefully this is just an epic off day and we reset and come back on Thursday.

To think we were quite good in the first half.

delerium

I wonder how many extra kilometers ETH needs to run with the boys this time.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
We were actually the better side in the first half. Completely lost it when that second goal went in.
If you believe the first part then there's no hope for you, in no way shape or form were we the better side at any point in that match

Von Mistelroum

Honestly expect this to be the start of a shocking run. Many of these are the same players from previous seasons and they will be nervous in the next games.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Incredibly naive performance. We tried to go toe-to-toe with them for the entire match which was suicide. If we'd taken any of the chances we created before they scored it could have been different. But once it went to 2:0 then 3:0 so quickly in the second-half we should have gone into damage limitation mode.

You cannot try to outscore Liverpool in a situation like that at Anfield. We just kept pushing forward leaving acres of space behind. They will pick you off and destroy you, which they did. Pack the midfield, knuckle down and limit the damage so you don't end up on the end of a hiding.

Poor game management from Ten Hag today. He should have seen the writing on the wall early in the second-half and avoided a record breaking rout.

I will say though, crazy number of breaks went Liverpool's way today for some of those goals. One of those days really.

We've been due a bad defeat so let's hope we bounce back on Thursday. At least we don't have to wait long to get back on the pitch and put it right.
Yea totally agree. With Ferguson it was always keep it tight and win one nil. I think of O Sheas goal in injury time to win it for us years ago.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If Rashford and Bruno bury those chances at 0-0, its a different game entirely.

We're not fecking clinical at all, need countless chances to score.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
If you believe the first part then there's no hope for you, in no way shape or form were we the better side at any point in that match
We had more and better chances than them until they took the lead. They dominated ball and play throughout, though

Ralaks

There are a couple who have to be questioned
Indeed. The captain should be an example for the rest, when the captain gives up after 3-0, questions should definitely be pointed that way.

Bruno has been the main culprit recently, but other than him we have had such a rotten attitude since SAF

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I have mates who can rarely bring themselves to say anything good about us say that we were decent for 40 minutes. It was a freak scoreline, largely of our own making.

Dissect it. Give them a bollocking. Move on

MUFC OK

Players lost their heads but I’m blaming the manager. Laughable how he’s been built up to god-like status for winning an easy league cup and having us in 3rd.

this can never happen. Inability to go for damage limitation at 3/4-0 has given them the best scoreline in their history. Amateurish and unacceptable.

Lecland07

Fatigue. Just watch it and you will see half of our players cannot run anywhere near their top speed; they all seem to be slowing down.

I think they have just run out of fuel and couldn't do much towards the end. Even Casemiro looked completely off it; he had no energy at all to get around.

Fernandes - when was the last time he didn't play? We are just too short on depth to give players a sufficient break and today was a culmination of the built up fatigue. It was always going to have a big bearing on a game, eventually.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Didn't see the game, but the result seems to highlight several things. Firstly we have to be more clinical in our finishing, it seems we had three very good chances. Secondly ETH appears to have tried to play players out of their natural position, which I applaud him for doing, this is how he will find out what will and what will not work, today it patently did not work. Thirdly, it seems that some of our players have hit a bit of a fatigue barrier, both physically and mentally, this is worrying as we potentially could have around 20 games still left this season, and with fatigue can come injuries, so, unfortunately, some are our squad who constantly are being harangued because apparently they are 'rubbish' will be needed. Shaw, Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Bruno and Rashford will all need resting sometime soon, or we could lose them for much longer with muscle injuries.

Rusholme Ruffian

Everything they touched went in. The first 3 goals were scored at literally the perfect time for them. In that respect it was just one of those days where everything goes right for one team.

At the same time though, our forward play was absolutely woeful, and our defence literally lost its collective mind in the second half.

Felt like all of those extra games finally caught up with us.