PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:2 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 28 February 2016

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Louis said we didn't even have a training session for this game because he rested the players. It was just meetings.

Wow. More of that please!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Today reminded me as to why I SHOULD NEVER HAVE WISHED for Arsenal to win the title. They can feck off, a club of crybabies from top to bottom. What Gabriel try to do on Adnan, what Ozil did on Varela, what El Neny did on I don't remember who were signs of the cnuts they truly are and always will be.

Devil may care

I'm buzzing, one of the most exciting performances I've seen from us in my whole time supporting, just amazing feeling!

ants7

Can't remember the last time I was so happy about us.

Kids were freakin amazing. Rashford - get the feck in lad!! Fantastic to see Memphis finally showing what we expected from him when we signed him.

I admin, I lost all hope once we got early yellow cards. But at the moment I'm over the moon. Fantastic result.

Can't wait to see AFT/FTD reactions.

Norris

Yesssss..... So delighted with that win. The team that finished that game was almost an U21 side.

Varela was incredible. Love the kids energy and drive. Thought he may struggle after that early yellow. But Him and Lingard did a fantastic job keeping Sanchez quiet (He was almost anonymous). Blind was good too.

And that midfield duo of Herrera and Schneiderlin :drool:.. People have been clamouring for the two of them to start and look at how they dominated in the 2nd half. Fantastic displays. Lots of tackles, good interceptions and kept the ball well.

Mata and Memphis were great. Memphis finally used his brain and kept the ball in the corner. Mata with that insane skill too.

Rashford rashford rashford.... we need a new chant for you! love this lad ....
And damn Mensah too. What a tank. He should play at CB next game and Blind at LB.
Nice to see Weir get a few seconds too.

And Oh, van Gaal you beauty. How can you hate this man. :drool:

waza7111

Pace out wide and upfront is something we have been missing all season

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Textbook Arsenal-in-February performance. Why do they have zero mental strength at this stage of the season, every season?

Take nothing away from United, we deserved that, but we were there for the taking. Not a single centre back on the pitch, probably our least defensively robust midfield pair with Mata just ahead. No protection there. They didn't even come and have a go at us. They seemed scared of us, even though we put out a side bordering on being the "third string". They had no belief.

3 well worked goals. Rashford's positioning is superb, his runs and anticipation also. Herrera's best game for us in ages. Memphis, Varela and Blind were excellent too. Fosu Mensah looked nervy, but did plenty of good. How can a teenager be built like that? He's built like Antonio Valencia. Glad to see Januzaj back too. Great game.

prateik

Can trust Arsenal to beat themselves.
edit: That doesnt mean we didnt play well.. We were great..
But Arsenal couldnt step up against a weakened side..

Esquire

Felt really good watching. Played like UNITED. And LVG falling to the ground. Classic.

Someone

Something
I haven't been this happy and excited about a united win in a long long time.

The kids are alright.

Triple.Threat

I was never as sure as I was we were going to loose a game as today.

Arsenal with another bottle job. We beat them and hopefully ended/dented their title hopes with two midfielders in defense and a bunch of kids all over the place.

We've had very few feel good matches this season. Today I don't see how anyone can fault LVG. All those injuries, all those young players given debuts and we deserved that win against a top level team. They played with no fear and that was great to see. It's what we all remember Man Utd for being famous for.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
fecking hell, this past week, I've actually enjoyed football again. What a result, what a performance.
This. I've actually enjoyed the last three matches, three excellent results and this is the best of the lot.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Blimey, Souness absolutely tearing into Arsenal, " tippy-tappy football" :lol:.

With the team we had out, they should have gone for the jugular...was Walcott even on the pitch?

Esquire

Today reminded me as to why I SHOULD NEVER HAVE WISHED for Arsenal to win the title. They can feck off, a club of crybabies from top to bottom. What Gabriel try to do on Adnan, what Ozil did on Varela, what El Neny did on I don't remember who were signs of the cnuts they truly are and always will be.
Come on mate, cheer for Leicester this year if not United winning the league.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
What a performance! Those fecking kids....

God, I can stop smiling.

Loved VG on the sideline. The playacting was great. :lol: Will not a speak a word against him the whole of March, that's how fecking happy I am.

Glory glory Man united, glory glory Man United...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That was great to watch. Varela, Rashford and Memphis the stand outs. Confidence is growing and towards the business end of the season for us! Fecking hate arsenal

Gasolin

The kids just did it... normally, it was 2:8 for Arsenal. Instead, they just won 3:2, and could have scored more. It's unbelievable. And I love the fact that at 85mn, Lindgard, Memphis, Mata or Januaz were smart enough to not reproduce the Chelsea mistake and keep the ball near Arsenal's touch line. I mean, if that's not footballing progress, what is it? Oh Christ they made me shed a tear today.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
We now know the formula for success. Just give a load of debuts.

I hope we have enough players in the academy.

Man of the Match

Marcus Rashford image Marcus Rashford 86% of 915 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 715 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw