PL D FA Premier League

Manchester United 1:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sat, 19 November 2016

TrueRed79

Can't believe that shit. Terrible goal to give away. Rashford should've hacked Chamberlain down. Another disappointing result at OT. Our fault. Arsenal were absolutely dire. We should have been out of sight and Girouds goal should've been a mere consolation.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Another game we should've put to bed and didn't.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Sickening, but you could almost tell it was coming. I don't want to turn it in to a Rooney bashing thread, but the amount of times I saw Arsenal comfortably bringing the ball out before they got the goal I just knew they'd make us pay. Rooney made almost zero effort to close them down and hurry them into making passes.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
feck that. We were excellent for 87 minutes. That goal was so undeserved, but it happens in football.

Might be the most Mourinho type performance we've had so far (Liverpool aside). I'm far more optimistic about the team after that performance.

We might miss out on top four, but Mourinho is going to get this right -- the signs are there. Give him whatever he wants.

rpitchfo

That's on Jose today. The front 6 picks itself and it worked well. Our weak point was our defence and Jose invited pressure on them in the last 5 minutes. Cost us 2 points. Should of stuck to our strengths. Really simple stuff.

binary bot
You can't let players float crosses in like that if you're sitting back. The substitution caught us out. One mistake has cost us from being in a completely different position, same as Stoke.

Rashford shouldn't be letting someone get past him like that, somewhat understandable considering the fresh legs.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Mou likes to fall back after scoring 1 against good opposition. If only United would've just kept playing football.....

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Very unlucky.
We dominate the match and get the usual 1 point.

BTW, another negative record.
3 home draws in a row. Last time that happened was in the 90s.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Sitting deep on a 1-0 lead is one of the stupidest things you can do in football. Especially when its our 3rd choice CB pairing back there. Keep the ball, go for a second. Arsenal had nothing on the counter. Giroud is slow, Sanchez was isolated and Ozil was sulking all game. There was just no need to stop playing against the most pathetic Arsenal performance I can remember.

OneUnited24

Typical performance by us. Dominate the game, make chances but only put one of them away... for the opposition to nick a goal.

On the bright side we are playing good but i'd give anything to have Hernandez or someone to put the fracking ball into the net

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I've said it countless times, this team cannot finish matches. They're so poor at finishing and creating clear cut chances when we're in full control of a match. How many times will the 'we played well but...' or 'one of those games' spiel be used?

IhabX7

We wiped the floor with them. Can't believe how unlucky we've been. Sad for Mourinho, deserves much more.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal deserved negative points from this game. I thought you were fairly good but mainly we were just fecking awful. I haven't seen us play this poorly in possession and going forward in a long time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
This wasn't the players fault. It was José's with his parking of the bus after scoring. It never works for us and it was stupid to do.

jetlee

That fecking ref with his two "advantage" plays at 1-0 was embarassing. One of the most undeserved points ever got at OT by an opposition team.

AndyJ1985

People will blame the ref and say we were unlucky, but at the end of the day if we dominate and can't score we don't deserve anything. We done it against Stoke, Burnley, and now Arsenal; it's not bad luck, we're just shite at putting the ball in the back of the net.

r0663664

Worships Man City
How can we win the title? When Giroud is on, Arsenal just 1 delivery to score. I am very disappointed with Jose's tactic. 6 would be the best Utd can finish. Just focus on Europe League to get to Champion League, I don't see it any other way.

Sylar

Biggest annoyance of a result this season (even more so than Burnley and Stoke). More dropped points at home. An absolute give away.

Man of the Match

Juan Mata image Juan Mata 38% of 645 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 463 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw