PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:1 Arsenal

Post-match discussion

Sun, 01 November 2020

Kopral Jono

We could have gone on to play for another hour and still we wouldn't score because that's how bad we were. Pogba will get all the criticism but McTominay was horrendous, the less said about him the better. I hope I'll never see him start for us again.

Shaw was our best player tonight.

Josh 76

We must be the most inconsistent team ever...looked dynamite mid week and rudderless tonight. Other than the Greenwood shot in the first half I can’t recall us testing Leno. That one will take some time getting over!
We looked crap for long periods in midweek too.

youngrell

Arsenal have been like a thorn in Ole’s side since he took over. It’s a bit strange considering how mediocre they are.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Begs the question; are Leipzig that bad or are United that inconsistent?
Don't know about Leipzig but United are inconsistent. Fred, Pogba, Bruno, McTominay, Greenwood were all bad today. Not just Arsenal playing well and stopping United but they were bad. Poor passing and poor touches led to a lot of lost balls and therefor our attack never got going. Obviously the stupid penalty was the difference between a draw an a loss which is similar to the Chelsea game where Chelsea should have gotten a stupid penalty as well.

OleTheGreat

Much better than Chelsea so some progress IMO. No need to panic. Ole will turn it round. Back him 100%
Either you are blind or you just blatantly support our manager. Some sort of criticism must be put forth or we'll never learn. That was a pure shit show out there.

Xaviboy

Another defeat next weekend to Everton, Ole might be saved by another international weekend of fixtures.

Woodenlung

It's glaringly obvious that we can't break down teams with a well organised defence and who won't give us the space to counterattack.

I have a lot of respect for the job Solksjaer has done. We were going nowhere under Mourinho and the players were sick of him. He came in and revitalised the side football wise and led a decent recruitment drive. But it's clear that he doesn't have the tactical acumen to being the side on any further.

RyRoc

Other then the final 10 minutes where they protected what they had and dropped a little too deep , Arsenal were in total control of that game.

space

Rubbish, bad selection, bad subs, not one single player stood up today or showed any initiative. I guess Donny was okay when he came on.

Bruno looked tired but he barely got the ball because of how terrible Fred, McTominay, Shaw and Aaron were. My word they were shite . Pogba was rubbish aswell but at least he tried one of two things and wasn't totally anonymous

Kuba

We need DM that can make a forward pass neither Fred nor McTominay are able to do that, we are not able to create sth with those 2 in a team, we need to Play Rashford on the left he is garbage playing with his back to goal. Without Martial we are not a team he is The only one that can bring sth upfront with his one touxh play. We need someone like Partey to Play instead of Fred and McT. Pogba needs to be dropped and earn his place. Van de beek Was supossed to be able.to play any positions in central midfield but when he come in Bruno is being moved around or being taken off. We have no clue nie to attack when its not counter attacks. Ole is limited and I am sure we gonna lose some points against that Turkish side in CL unless they gonna attack us. Sick of it

Schmeichel=God

I can see a Bruno and Ole bust up to be honest. He strikes me as opinionated and it may well be the nail in the coffin when it happens.

Everyone thought it was going to be Paul that ousted a manager....it could be Bruno.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
We barely had a chance against a centre back combo of Gabriel and Holding.
I think that is criminal.
Arsenal are solid this season so all it takes for them to win at Old Trafford is get a penalty from our brainless “talisman” Pogba. Today was absolutely fecking depressing. We have a mentality problem in our squad despite obvious quality.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Excellent performance from Arsenal.
Painful - We simply cannot pass between lines out of the back 4.

The glaring issues IS The Fridge that is Maguire.
If you want to play out from the back your CBs have to be able to pass over or between the lines.

I guarantee if you analyse the full match, the sheer amount of time Maguire and to a lesser extent Lindelof spent on the ball with no end product was astonishing. Like treacle.

Put simply, Tuanzebe better get his boots strapped up because he's the only one that can break this impasse when we are pressed high.

The final surge failure is down to the above and Ole's reluctance to do away with teh double pivot. Keep McTominay on and Greenwood on, Matic was redundant.

Again: Maguire sadly is the root of our issues. Ball goes back and he cannot be quick enough in thought, vision or passing.
How the heck have you put that tumescent display down to Maguire!?

Pogba giving a stupid ball away. Plus we still haven't found a way to get the best out of him.
Mad tactic of 4 centre mids when our full backs offer the least attacking width in the league.
No Martial meaning no-one can even vaguely hold it up front.
Fred and McTom have no creativity.

croadyman

Thanks for just disgracing the memory of Nobby,you need to absolutely hang your bloody heads in shame after that.

I said when Arsenal signed Partey he would run the show when they came to Old Trafford and sadly I was spot on.

Unfortunately Gabriel was solid at the back as well and he has shown that there was value in the market too.

Last edited:

Tapori

We cannot break down teams at all. We press and then either pass the ball backwards or faff around with it and lose possession.
This. It's painful. No bravery and vision from the back and picots.

I saw so many good channel and line runs and the bravery should be there to pass through. Nope, slow in thought.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arsenal are solid this season so all it takes for them to win at Old Trafford is get a penalty from our brainless “talisman” Pogba. Today was absolutely fecking depressing. We have a mentality problem in our squad despite obvious quality.
They're pretty average this season, hence their position before today.
But they had the best of the game even before that.

Orange Tree

I'm more annoyed by Chelsea's match tbh, they were there for the taking and United did feck all.

Arsenal were up to today, not spectacular, just got the job done.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Am almost 35 years a United fan and this is up there with the worst I have seen.

When I saw Pogba Phone was starting I feared the worst. The sooner he is kicked out of the club the better.
Screw you. He's great with emojis and has dozens of youtube highlights clips. You're not a real fan.

/s

tomaldinho1

Not acceptable, simple as that. We don't setup to win and we are paying the price and dropping points.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Although we were poor, does anyone think Neville was way over the top in saying “Arsenal absolutely deserve the win”?

Their only goal was a penalty in which Bellerin was going nowhere, and apart from that they hit the bar from outside the box and had a couple of half chances.

Arsenal didn’t create enough chances for that kind of praise. Disappointing performance from us but a point would’ve been fair based on chances created.
They had other chances, that was just reward for them out thinking us.

Cloud7

Grim. There's no huge shame in actually losing to Arsenal, but the performance was horrific. The way this team flip-flops between the sublime and the ridiculous never fails to amaze.
They haven't won at Old Trafford in almost 15 years and on paper this Arsenal team is one of the worst this millennium. There's plenty to be ashamed of here.

Farfetched

What’s the old adage, ‘the table never lies’; we spent a lot of last season hovering around 5th before pushing on. Are we to hover around 15th for most of this season before pushing on? I hope not. It was like watching a game of subbuteo at times, no movement and poor passing.

Riz

We looked crap for long periods in midweek too.
Yeh I think the late implosion by Leipzig has papered over that performance where we were even if not second best for large parts of the match.

Coops73

I’m sorry to say it but that was on Ole. It seemed obvious within 20 minutes it wasn’t working and yet he still waited till half time to change it tactically and a further 10 minutes to make the substitute and that was for Matic. Pogba, Fred and Bruno should of been replaced for Beek.

I want Ole to succeed but I just don’t think it’s going to happen for him when he’s seemingly shooting him self in the foot with that sort of in game management.

Shaw our best player and that’s a stretch.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Another defeat next weekend to Everton, Ole might be saved by another international weekend of fixtures.
We'll lose a few games and Ole's job will be in doubt.
We'll win a few games and his job will be secure.
And it'll continue like this.
No consistency.

hobbers

Another awful league performance.

The diamond doesn't work. The change in formation after HT worked to an extent by we kept Pogba on the left wing for the entire second half and that has to go down as awful brainless management on Ole's part.

How Pogba stayed on the pitch for 90 minutes... taking Bruno off when we're chasing the game... waiting so long to introduce Cavani while we were resorting to Maguire lumping the ball up the pitch and Greenwood looking totally gassed...

Playing Pogba is going to be a major factor in costing Ole his job.

OrcaFat

Other then the final 10 minutes where they protected what they had and dropped a little too deep , Arsenal were in total control of that game.
Other than the penalty Utd were in total control of that game.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Another weekend ruined! :mad: I'm off social media tonight.

Have a nice evening guys!

Irwin99

Well Arteta clearly won that battle. Haven't seen an Arsenal midfield that dominant since 2003; just got bullied and outfought at times. Technically they looked way better in terms of passing their way out of trouble but they didn't have that much quality attacking wise.

No space to counter attack+poor formation+ another brainless challenge from Pogba = another bad day :(

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Why cant we get some consistency for fecks sake. Except the good patch post covid last season, it's been 7 years of a couple of good games followed by turd after turd, and no lanager has been able to fix that

r0663664

Worships Man City
4 home game and 1 point. Everyone can see that we are struggling. Put the points aside, the tactics is crap. Why Cavani isn't starting? Who is the focus point of attack?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Don't know about Leipzig but United are inconsistent. Fred, Pogba, Bruno, McTominay, Greenwood were all bad today. Not just Arsenal playing well and stopping United but they were bad. Poor passing and poor touches led to a lot of lost balls and therefor our attack never got going. Obviously the stupid penalty was the difference between a draw an a loss which is similar to the Chelsea game where Chelsea should have gotten a stupid penalty as well.
Yeah fair enough, I just saw the second half, but the difference between the second half against Leipzig was huge. And honestly, I think Leipzig are at least as good as Arsenal.

Steven7290

Apart from technical/ability point of view, why are our players such a bunch of soft fannies? Arsenal players were pressing, harrassing, kicking everyone out of the game and we gave them all the space they need. No contest for 1st ball, 2nd ball, 3rd ball, none.

Player Ratings

4.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 316 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 22% Man Utd 2:0 Arsenal
  • 22% Man Utd 2:1 Arsenal