FA W FA Cup 5th Round

Blackburn Rovers 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 February 2017

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Sloppy game but to be expected with the players we were using, Carrick, Lingard and Darmian all had really poor games today.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Very impressed with Young, other than him it was very very poor all round today. Even Mkhitaryan who looked good at times in the first 20 minutes completely disappeared.

Darmian again making O'Shea look like Cafu.
:lol:
Yeah he's seriously bad

DevilRed

Good performance. Lacking the cutting edge until Ibra came on of course. Just an elite matchwinner. Our youngsters really need to take note. Martial and Rashford have alot more to develop but Ibra is the perfect example for them.

We were by far the better team even with a makeshift team out there. Great to see us go from strength to strength now. The missing piece of the puzzle is an in form and fit again Luke Shaw. Darmian and Blind are just not good enough. I trust Mourinho to bring Luke back at the right time.

Onwards and upwards.

0161_UNITED

With the draw coming up, I surely can't be the only one thinking, "Just not Chelsea."

VP

We're onto something good.

Hopefully another away game in the next round just for our away fans.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Professional performance. Looks like a team that wins without playing well again.

Peanut Butter

Used to see loads of gritty away games in the cup under Fergie like that.

Knew we'd win and we did. Lincoln at Old Trafford in the QF please.

Hed Zitin

Sloppy. That midfield did not work at all. Pogba looked miles better.

Didn't like the lack of width on the right. Young did a good job considering his lack of support.

Darmian is pretty much bad at everything.

Emnes will never play better without scoring.

space

Solid win. Darmian and Lingard very poor. But horrible weather and away from home against a very up for it championship side.. not bad at all.

Jazz

Gonna be Millwall at home in the draw

the hea

Not a good game but at least we got the job done. Herrera, Martial and Carrick where well below their usual level and can do a lot better than this. Darmian and Lingard are nowhere near good enough and that showed once again today, both will probably be moved on in the summer.
Zlatan, Pogba and Mkhitaryan yet again showed they are the stars of this team and got us through to the next round.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
FA cup ties are always tricky. They raise their game to inhuman levels, and we rotate a lot. So all said and done, pleased with the win. We march on. Not fussed about the performance at all.

wolvored

Piss poor performance. Thought I was watching a game from last season at times. Lets hope these last 2 games have been our 'blip' that every team has, as we havent played very well but still won. If we had got another midfielder with the forward runs and energy of Pogba we would be winning these types of games easily.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Credit to Blackburn, they gave it all and made it difficult. We could have played better but good to see players not panicking after going behind.

togg

Piss poor performance. Thought I was watching a game from last season at times. Lets hope these last 2 games have been our 'blip' that every team has, as we havent played very well but still won. If we had got another midfielder with the forward runs and energy of Pogba we would be winning these types of games easily.
ahhhh shurrup....

Jazz

Solid win. Darmian and Lingard very poor. But horrible weather and away from home against a very up for it championship side.. not bad at all.
Yep.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What were you expecting???? The match was always going to be tough.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
It seemed to me like we tried to win with minimal effort because of the schedule we have.

Worked I guess.

Of course it could be we were just plain shit.

Jose's got us playing the way, that United should. We avoided adding a replay to our already full schedule and took care of business. Those subs of Pogba and Zlatan assured the win for us. We're looking pretty good in the hunt for trophies.

stepic

Out of interest, what does Ibra have to do to show he is premiership class? I have been critical of him from time-to-time but to say he isn't PL class is a bold statement.
No it just shows that guy doesn't know what the hell hes talking about

Litch

FA cup ties are always tricky. They raise their game to inhuman levels, and we rotate a lot. So all said and done, pleased with the win. We march on. Not fussed about the performance at all.
Spot on. This time of the season, it's all about winning.

SuperiorXI

Games like these are always tough and we never seem to turn up for them. Winning while playing shite is a good trait to have though, moving on. Hope we get a decent tie against a good team next round.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Good win. Blackburn had nothing to lose and threw everything at us. Their intensity matched us much more than their ability. No surprise to see both their wide players go off as subs, as they were everywhere. We didn't match their intensity at all, so to come out with the win away from home without having to force a replay is a good result.

Not arsed about performance. We've had some cracking performances earlier in the season but just couldn't put the ball in the net in a good few of them. Happy to see us grind it a bit and get a win. Would be happy to see a totally lacklustre 0-0 on Wednesday in France as well. A bit of soul-destroying LvG hogball would actually be wonderful.

Raw

Yeah these games can always be tough. Chelsea struggled against Wolves away yesterday who are currently 19th in the Championship, and they had a pretty strong side too.

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Meh. Shame we had to rely on Pogba and Zlatan off the bench to save us the replay.

Darmian did nothing to impress. Martial, well I really wanted him to take this game on as a chance to dominate. Meh

Nathan

Looked sluggish for long periods, but we are through to the next round - happy we still in he competition. Bring it on

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Let's face it. This is the time of year when most clubs/players are knackered. We did well to get out of there with a win and avoid the replay. Now on to the next one.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Job done. Was never going to be easy today. Blackburn's biggest game of the season considering their league campaign is miserable and no derbies against Burnley, and they certainly played like it.

Any sort of home tie in the next round, please.

Oscie

Nice to end on a win for Romero's last game of the season.

wolvored

What were you expecting???? The match was always going to be tough.
We were playing a team bottom of the championship I was expecting better than that! Chelsea beat Wolves away. Spurs beat Fulham 3-0 away. We hadnt picked 6 kids out of our reserve team and played them, we played players who have been playing regularly over the last couple of years.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 503 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Blackburn win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 34% Blackburn 0:2 Man Utd
  • 22% Blackburn 0:3 Man Utd