FA W FA Cup 5th Round

Blackburn Rovers 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 19 February 2017

Al-T

Job done. No 'glorious uncertainty of the cup' rubbish. Millwall or Lincoln at home please.

VP

Our glory years with Ferguson were littered with games like these - scrappy, hard-fought affairs which were only memorable for the result. It's how you win trophies - I don't know how people can complain so much.

Sylar

Odds on:
Spurs vs Arsenal (Sutton)
City (huddersfield) vs United
Millwall vs Chelsea
Boro vs Lincoln?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Great to get the result, rather than go to a replay. Two top goals to boot.

Shaky at the back at times, Romero gives me kittens! Thank God we have De Gea and co. to come back in.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We were playing a team bottom of the championship I was expecting better than that! Chelsea beat Wolves away. Spurs beat Fulham 3-0 away. We hadnt picked 6 kids out of our reserve team and played them, we played players who have been playing regularly over the last couple of years.
Away from home it was always going to be tough. I watched the Chelsea game yesterday and it was the same. They had to grind out a win.

We did well to come back from a goal down to win.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Not a nice watch, but job done. As an advocate of rotation I'm glad we came through this having made a few changes. To be honest it wasn't a great advert for our strength in depth, having been bailed out by two superstar subs, but you have to be satisfied with progression regardless of how you achieve it.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It was an ugly game in poor conditions and we won 2-1.

Jose is doing exactly what he was brought in to do. Get us winning again.
No more fancy philosophies or moaning that we need to buy a totally brand new team. Just work with the players and get the wins.
The last time we lost was to Hull, in a 2 leg fixture, which we won. Before that I think it was Fenerbahce who beat us, many months ago.
This is as close to unbeatable as we have been in several years. Nobody has any right to complain.

Cantona_Forever

Job done. Shit all around. Pitch is shit. Players are shit. Too arrogant maybe? MotM = Romero. He seemed to catch every ball from corners.

Worst player of the match.. Damian no doubt with Lingard coming close second.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Just glad for the win. Shame it needed Pogba and Zlatan to get us over the line, but the win was the most important thing.

Biggest disappointment was Martial's performance. Darmian was awful, but at this point you expect it. Martial should be doing more. There were times in the match when he was just strolling around at a snail's pace looking disinterested.

Now let's hope for a favourable draw. (My money's on City or Chelsea away)

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Robbie savage is so shit

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Weird seeing Paul Scholes smile, kinda like Rex Banner
Well, normally when P.Scholes was a pundit, MUFC ALWAYS used to lose/draw. The presenter actually joked about it in the studio.
These days, we don't lose.

NoLookPasser

The players looked exhausted in the second half. Poor performance in the match after a Europa League match has been the general trend this season and it was apparent today. Thankfully the quality of our players showed through.

Good to see Pogba getting a much deserved assist as he was has been putting these kind of passes all season long. Zlatan again proving he is a goalscoring machine. Hopefully goal for Rashford helps his confidence in front of goal. Mkhitaryan delivered one of the assist of the season today.

It is weird that Smalling plays best alongside Bailly; and Rojo alongside Jones but both looked shaky when played together in this match. Darmian has demonstrated with his performance today why Blind has been preferred over him recently.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Is this the default thread for the draw?

wolvored

Away from home it was always going to be tough. I watched the Chelsea game yesterday and it was the same. They had to grind out a win.

We did well to come back from a goal down to win.
I was just disappointed as I thought especially after Rashfords goal we would of kicked on and not had to rely on Pogba and Ibra to get us out of the shit. Shows how poor some of the reserves are.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
That lad Conor Mahoney looks class. Interesting he's a free agent this summer. We should definitely sign him up.

dannofdawn

Yet another example of Pogba's talent being showcased today. It is not the first time he made these accurate and direct long range passes. He definitely pull these off many times, I'm glad finally someone convert them into a goal.

As for the game. Wasn't easy, which could be worrying, however all we needed was a win, so jobs done, all is well.

Waywestofthere

Supports
three kids
Honestly, a little arsenal for me. Trying to be too clever in the final third. But, a win. I like that Jose wants to win everything.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just what was needed performance wise. Enough to get through without too much drama, plenty of rotations, and the big 2 only playing for 30.

Roll on Lincoln or Millwall away!

wolvored

Job done. Shit all around. Pitch is shit. Players are shit. Too arrogant maybe? MotM = Romero. He seemed to catch every ball from corners.

Worst player of the match.. Damian no doubt with Lingard coming close second.
No one on at first deserves a 5 and agree with your picks as the worst. Pogba 7 and Ibra 6.5

MullerUtd

I'm just so glad and relieved we got a win. Don't need a reply to pile up our fixture list. LOL City.
Thought that we were pretty sloppy but we did enough to get the win. Oh and how would we survive without Zlatan? :(

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Thank feck for Jose's subs again. What channel is the draw on?

MataFanatic

Wasn't pretty at all from us today. Bit sloppy in the first half but you can't expect anymore with so many changes to the side. We looked really disjointed today. Some players like Jesse, Mkhi and Darmian all over the place. But at this stage it's about progressing through these dodgy ties and putting ourselves in positions to win trophies. Park the bus on Wednesday now.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
When you play Lingard and Darmian it's always gonna be shit.

I was well impressed with Young's performance today.

Player Ratings

6.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 503 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Blackburn win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 34% Blackburn 0:2 Man Utd
  • 22% Blackburn 0:3 Man Utd