PL W FA Premier League

Bournemouth 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 18 April 2018

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Lot better performance compared to West Brom. Tbf it is hardly an achievement but today players were ready to work hard, show urgency in transitions to attack and remain focused. So attitude wise it was much better. Playing quality wise it was bit irritating as we lacked final ball or had it intercepted when successfully finding team mate was easier. Still, a professional performance in a tricky away game.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
That was pretty good performance, much better in attacking sense.

Don't think there are many doubts about starting 11 against Spurs. Probably who will partner Smalling and who is going on the RW. Although, I would personally drop Sanchez and go with the front three that just finished the match.

lysglimt

Scout
Herrera motm - Jones shows why he is our best defender. Generally every player did ok or better - even Darmien after a shaky start.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Herrera was class, rest were all pretty good. Lingard meh, hoping he doesn't start vs Spurs as I don't think he is any good as a right winger or as part of a front 3. Very good as a 10, but we probably won't play with one vs Spurs. Smalling really been amongst the goals lately. Nothing else really noteworthy. Both Rashford and Martial have been alright, nothing special, neither got a goal or assist which they won't be happy about and will feel like it's a chance wasted.

Performance wise, comfortable enough, solid throughout and functional but lacking creativity and excitement. Standard Mourinho basically. Don't think we commit enough players in attack and we probably start too deep to begin with, which leads to our players needing to create a moment of magic to really create any chances, rather then having a proper system that just has the normal play unsettle the opposition and create chances.

Toni's Left Foot

Good stuff, pretty controlled throughout in a tricky away fixture.

(BT Sport are all over the penalty/sending off not awarded)

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Here's something interesting.
In the last 7 league games, we have won 6.
That's not bad.

Full bodied red

Nothing spectacular....Probably not even a match I'll remember in a few months time.

Bit very, very solid.

30+ performances like that next season would make us genuine contenders and not just Top 4 candidates.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Still too narrow. Our wingers need to stretch the defence and make runs inside when marked tight. Shaw didn't do himself any favours tonight. I thought he was awful. Offered nothing going forward and didn't mark his winger tight enough. Most of Bournemouth's crosses came from his side. I see Darmien is the lowest rated player today so far. I think that's pretty harsh. I thought he had a decent match. I was really hoping Martial would play like a man who had a point to prove, but he looked disinterested to me other than a couple of good runs when he had the ball. When he didn't have the ball he was pretty stagnant. All in all, a good away win and another clean sheet for De Gea...

edcunited1878

Herrera motm - Jones shows why he is our best defender. Generally every player did ok or better - even Darmien after a shaky start.
If Jones was the best defender, he would have been integrated straight into the team, but he wasn't. Part of being the best defender is being available to play week in week out. He had more shaky moments today than Smalling.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Wilson should get a ban for his post match comments on the internaional feed. Accused the officials of “passing the buck” on nobody being willing to give him a pen.

NinjaFletch

Maybe I'm biased as feck, but I can't see how thats anywhere near as certain a penalty as BT sport are trying to make out.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Zombie football part 2....at this rate we will have to reduce capacity at Old trafford.

Game was boring, final ball from Rashford, Lingard was poor so wasn't overly impressed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
21:51
Shaw foul on Wilson being debated
Bournemouth wanted a penalty and the discussion in the studio is that Shaw should have been sent off and a spot kick should have been given.

‘A perfect reason why VAR is needed’ says Graham Poll on BT Sport.

el3mel

21:51
Shaw foul on Wilson being debated
Bournemouth wanted a penalty and the discussion in the studio is that Shaw should have been sent off and a spot kick should have been given.

‘A perfect reason why VAR is needed’ says Graham Poll on BT Sport.

We didn't hear anything about City pen against Spurs so far but here comes this. Well, not surprised anymore.

Jeffthered

Just pleased we won. A defeat would have really been a perceived problem. Never get too carried away with a Jose win. V functional.

Bournemouth looked very open, so not sure what happened to them, tactically. Pogs, Herrera ran the game. Good to see Shaw and Rash. Lukaku grabbing a goal is good news, and Smalling (again) shows his character (as he is so often criticised).

Seemed an easy-ish game, so players should take credit for good game management .... good warm up for weekend. No idea what team he will pick.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Bournemouth 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Bournemouth 1:2 Man Utd