PL W FA Premier League

Bournemouth 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 18 April 2018

prath92

Now for a couple of days of ‘martial wants to stay’ stories before the next game

Swift Football

A good game. But not happy with our insistence on hoofing balls to fellaini rather than building game from behind.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Mourinho on the game
Speaking to BT Sport:

Yes, the players were good. I think good team performance, professional, controlled, good effort, good responsibility, desire to play to have the ball and score and desire to cope with defensive responsibilities against a fast team. It’s not easy to play against and part of collective good individual performances all of them and with the first ambition which is to finish top four, now I think one point probably enough maximum two.

Everything was different, everything was faster and simple the players running without the ball to be in the right position defensively and attacking not running with the ball and trying to have one more touch and flick.

MEN

VanGaalyTime

Mourinho on the game
Speaking to BT Sport:

Yes, the players were good. I think good team performance, professional, controlled, good effort, good responsibility, desire to play to have the ball and score and desire to cope with defensive responsibilities against a fast team. It’s not easy to play against and part of collective good individual performances all of them and with the first ambition which is to finish top four, now I think one point probably enough maximum two.

Everything was different, everything was faster and simple the players running without the ball to be in the right position defensively and attacking not running with the ball and trying to have one more touch and flick.

MEN
Yes, when you play faster players, that generally happens.

Flytan

Thank you Bournemouth for playing the game and not just sitting back. We play so much better when that happens.

Pogba played well. Herrera too. Martial had good runs but little/no end product.

Darmian defended well despite having less attacking contribution than De Gea

Trizy

2 decent goals and a clean sheet. They're the only positives.

We kicked and fouled the other team when they attacked. terrible game.

Fully Fledged

You just want to enjoy your win and they come out with this. It's after every game. Sickening.
I didn't mention the pen we should have got against WBA. I'm not bothered by this one either. The thing is the media focus on the ones against us never on the ones we should get so feck 'em.

No Idea For Nickname

Mourinho on Pogba
He was asked by BT Sport if Pogba deserved his man of the match accolade:

I’m not very good on Man of the match especially because I am a team manager I’m not a big fan of it. But he played very well, against Manchester City he was phenomenal, also because of the goals, but also today he was very very good today so I would say good choice.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
There's negativity everywhere on that opening page. What's wrong with some people on here?

Play Martial, play Rashford, play Fellaini, Blind, Damian etc etc...

José is a member of the café.

Pogba is a God, won't be sold, and Martial neither, balance is restored..

Paul Scholes, literally applauding Shaw's negative play, negativity breeds negativity.

GGMU.

alsabi

With four games left to play, we've all but mathematically guaranteed a top-four finish for the first time in three years.

Ban

Mourinho praised the team and Pogba. I'm sure that will go unnoticed until he 'throws someone under the bus'.

He'lmurderyah15

We won after a horrible run of games and bad results. Onwards and upwards.
A horrible run of games and bad results???? we've been beaten twice In the last 11 and in that run of 11 games we have beaten City Chelsea and Liverpool .. Hardly consists of a horrible run of games and bad results... Do you remember 2014 and Moyeseh ?????????

No Idea For Nickname

Scholes on Sanchez
He wouldn’t start him on Saturday:

I don’t think his form has been good enough, he’s been quite predictable. We all know how good he can be but he’s just not shown it at United yet and Martial and Rashford are better.

No Idea For Nickname

A horrible run of games and bad results???? we've been beaten twice In the last 11 and in that run of 11 games we have beaten City Chelsea and Liverpool .. Hardly consists of a horrible run of games and bad results... Do you remember 2014 and Moyeseh ?????????
:lol:

@Ban, you caught some nice fishes in your net tonight, congrats.

Tosicsleftpeg

Good win with some lovely pieces of play at times. Happy that we got a solid and progressional win, the while team worked hard but the stand out players were Herrera, Pogba and Jones who were all great.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Sarcasm on here is sometimes hard to read, but obvious is obvious.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Utd's starting lineup only included one player bought by Jose and four left by Ferguson. Both goals were well created and taken. Shaw got away with it on the penalty issue. Utd showing good squad strength.

Devil may care

Not great but an improvement over the shower of shit performance at the weekend. Pogba, Herrera, Smalling and Martial all played well.

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Bournemouth 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Bournemouth 1:2 Man Utd