PL W FA Premier League

Bournemouth 0:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Wed, 18 April 2018

Alabaster Codify7

Thought it was alright. An away win is an away win. Martial does exactly the same thing that all of 'left wingers' do - charges into the box, stops, pulls it back to his right foot, delays, tries to pass it into the box, cut out, rinse and repeat.

We are ridiculously predictable down the left-hand side (Sanchez, Martial and Rashford all employ this tactic every single time) and non-existent on the right.......is it any wonder we are struggling with attacking football?

Anyway, some of the rotation options did well, enjoyed the front three and their energy for the most part. Herrera MOTM.

edgar allan

We got the win but thought that was pretty poor really. Don't think any of the players who haven't played recently did themselves any favours.
De Gea, Smalling and Lingard were good ... and thats about it. Thought Hererra was mostly good but needing a couple of chances to clear the ball early in the first half and playing too deep and other really small, nitpicking stuff (like his shooting) just dragged his performance down a bit to ok for me. Pogba also good in parts but still overcomplicating and making life difficult for himself in others. Fellaini was anonymous. Rashford was ok. Martial was awful, that performance would put him to the back of the queue for me. He improved towards the end of the game but his energy and workrate weren't good enough and his touch was off most of the night. Shaw was awful, Darmian was marginally better. Jones still looks like he'll cough up the odd chance from nothing. I felt sorry for Blind ...
I think we'll play pretty much the same team as we did against City. No one did enough to push players ahead of them out of the team.
It didn't all work out for Martial last night and he fluffed his final ball at points but he offered far more than Sanchez has in the vast majority of games.
The speed and attacking thrust of martial and Rashford was a contrast to the pedestrian approach of many games.
It seemed to me that it also opened up space for lukaku and especially Pogba to run into.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
we need to sign to truly attacking fullbacks for either flank still
Absolutely.
I would want to cash in on Shaw, as he enters the final year of his contract.
I'd say the same about Valencia, but due to his age, we won't get much for him, so best to keep him.
And as for Darmian. Every time their right winger attacked, Darmian got skinned. It was as if we were playing without a RB. Absolutely shocking how bad this guy is.

Bestietom

Nice to see 2 natural full backs play. But hey, Saturday is a different game and Mourinho will be back to the usual suspects. I hope he won't have any excuses.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I was impressed. Bournemouth really tried to throw everything at us but United were there with full effort. I’m impressed Mourinho manages to still get that out of them at this stage

Marcky411

Absolutely.
I would want to cash in on Shaw, as he enters the final year of his contract.
I'd say the same about Valencia, but due to his age, we won't get much for him, so best to keep him.
And as for Darmian. Every time their right winger attacked, Darmian got skinned. It was as if we were playing without a RB. Absolutely shocking how bad this guy is.
Well I can believe that seeing Shaw was responsible for the RW. :lol:
Every time Darmian gets a few minutes people are all over his case, I really hope he leaves this summer to salvage his career. No one deserves to sit on the bench as much as he has this year without injuries, you can't expect a player to perform in a match when he is never played and only gets to take training sessions.

Shark

@NotShark
I was impressed. Bournemouth really tried to throw everything at us but United were there with full effort. I’m impressed Mourinho manages to still get that out of them at this stage
Yet there were people in the matchday thread saying that Bourmouth didn’t give a feck about the result. We can literally never win a match without either the other team not trying or us being lucky.

Mihai

Nice to see 2 natural full backs play. But hey, Saturday is a different game and Mourinho will be back to the usual suspects. I hope he won't have any excuses.
Do you think Jose should start Shaw and Darmian against Spurs?

R o o K

i loved the game and really enjoyed it. 2 superb goals, jose spot on with his tactics.

Last edited by a moderator:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Yet there were people in the matchday thread saying that Bourmouth didn’t give a feck about the result. We can literally never win a match without either the other team not trying or us being lucky.
I can see that sometimes, but ffs they tried everything. They never stopped attacking - they actually put together collective passes in our 1/3 and really tried to take the game to us. They even tried a formation change mid second half (with a note!) but Mourinho completely outclassed them responding with Lukaku.

It was a proper win for us and no matter how anyone spins it, the lads really tried.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The first goal is a great team goal. The kinda stuff we should hopefully doing more in time but we need players who make intelligent runs inside the box and that is why Lingard will have a place for me in the team. Neither Martial nor Rashford display that level of movement on a regular basis

backtowhiteside

I see! The press are the ones to blame for some really tepid performances.

Plus I'd like to know exactly how many titles he's won us?
Mr or Mrs Montoya wants to know how many titles we won since Jose´s management. Feckin Europa League is a walk in the park she/he thinks. English league cup is rubbish. What the feck do mean by your question?

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 282 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 21% Bournemouth 0:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Bournemouth 1:2 Man Utd