PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 5:2 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 04 July 2020

Morpheus 7

Created so much, quality goals and broke them down properly. Flattering score line for them. Mason is going to be a superstar.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Brilliant in attack, a mess in defence, but it doesn't matter much, we are brilliant.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Defense scared the shit out of me at times but we have some serious firepower to make up for it. On to the next one!

pablo__p

Bruno is unbelievable.

Mason is a natural. Right there with Haaland.

Tony & Rash energetic.

Central halves were not good, though.

DDG needs dropping. He's not in a good place atm.

Jev

The camaraderie between Rashford and Martial, and especially the sudden, constant smiling from the latter (did you see his reaction to Greenwood's second?), shows that this team just enjoy playing, and playing together. It was what was always lacking under van Gaal and Mourinho. Even when we were winning and playing well, the players never looked like they were enjoying themselves. It's so great to see.

Revan

Assumptionman
Come on our defence has been solid for 90% of the season.. They had an off game today but overall it's much improved.
I wouldn't say so. We have already conceded more goals than in either of first two Mourinho seasons, just 2 less than in LVG's final season, and 4 less than in LVG's first season (while in each case, having to play 5 extra matches). Considering the investment, there ain't much improvement on it.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Brilliant entertainment, great attacking (with some awful defending to make it extra exciting). We're really good to watch right now, haven't felt like saying that in a long time :drool:

MonkeysMagic

Not that I am greedy...but after being 5-2 up after 59min we should have got another couple. Leic 3 points and 9 goals ahead, and we play them last game, could come down to GD!

always_hoping

Such a joy to watch this United team in action in the last 16 games and i'm really looking forward to the next game already. Only disappointed was the goals conceded both easily preventable. No joke to say United could or should have won that game 7 or 8-0 this afternoon.

PoTMS

Our captain and vice captain are shite. Besides that, we are a joy to watch again. Well done Ole.

RedDevilRoshi

That was a thoroughly enjoyable game of football. It virtually had everything and it was one of those games you didn’t want to end

Defensively we were a fecking shambles but offensively, particularly in the 2nd half we were simply mesmerising. Every time we attacked you just sensed we were going to score.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Greenwood was quite brilliant today, not only for two sensational strikes but his general play,awareness and position. I don't think he wasted a single pass.

Krits

It just goes to show what instilling a confident, attacking mentality can do to a team. Mostly the same players, but just enjoying playing football, taking risks.

what a performance. I don’t think Bournemouth defender that badly till about the 4th goal. We were just too good.

We just might be ready for a tittle challenge. But even if we aren’t, at least I’ll enjoy watching us play. Which is what should be important first.

sport2793

Bailly giving the trademark heart attack moment and Maguire had a shit game but the attack was supreme.
I completely blame Matic for the pen, the pass was atrociously bad. Want to think that Ole subbed him off soon after that in recognition of that.

Ainu

That was fun! It's a joy to watch United again, with Fernandes and Greenwood the brightest sparks. Having a motivated Pogba back helps of course. Might be harsh to complain with this score but Maguire and De Gea are a major worry. In games were goals are hard to come by, we'll need much better from them.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Attack on fire. Shambolic defence. If our attack and midfield wasn't so good, we lose that match today. HMS Maguire needs to wake up, getting nutmegged inside his own box is embarrassing. We need to get an elite CB if we're to challenge for the top trophies in the future.

bsCallout

Have a feeling our defence isn't up to speed due to us controlling games since being back.

I'd like Henderson to replace DeGea who gives no confidence.

We played a very open expansive game (hence 5 goals) which left us a little more vulnerable to having BOU run at our defence.

Exciting stuff again. What we grew used to as United fans.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Have a feeling our defence isn't up to speed due to us controlling games since being back.

I'd like Henderson to replace DeGea who gives no confidence.

We played a very open expansive game (hence 5 goals) which left us a little more vulnerable to having BOU run at our defence.

Exciting stuff again. What we grew used to as United fans.
Yet people were calling out Henderson the other night as being a liability???

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Must mention the baffling messes we got ourselves into at the back. Maguire needs to sort himself out and De Gea must be on thin ice now, he looked jittery all day.

All that said we've scored some great goals and made even more good chances. Bruno with a great freekick, Martial with a beautiful finish and Mason Greenwood throwing a marker down to Ole for a starting place going forward. He's a super player.

So, if we arse around like that at the back we're in danger of getting punished but when the football is free-flowing and the finishing is as good as it was today you have to be satisfied.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I'm so pleased to see us getting through a game like this. Every time we've had the opportunity to go 4th or get close to 4th, we've bottled it. Nice to see us break that nasty habit. Let's hope it's permanent.

Goals were excellent. Mason MOTM. 3 points. On to the next game.

Oh and defence needs a kick up the backside.

The Real Treble 99

Fantastic performance from the lads. A bit on the dodgy side from Harry & DDG need to sort it out but otherwise a thoroughly deserved win. Really enjoyed it & our midfield & strike look really strong. MOTM no doubt is Mason with high quality finishing. Super strike by martial too & the quality of Bruno keeps us going. Good times.

RedDevilUnited369

Oleeeeeees at the wheel
Tell me how goooood does it feel
We got Fernandes, Paul Pogba and Fred
Marcus Rashford a Manc born n bred
The greatest in English football
We’ve won it all!

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Besides the goals and our attack looking so dangerous, it finally looks like we're having fun again. That's what makes me hopeful. :devil:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Thought we lacked a bit in defensive midfield, but going forward was excellent. We started the game strolling about, and when we play like that we seem to struggle when opponents play at pace. Thought Bournemouth competed very well, but defensively were awful.

Amarsdd

We are becoming enjoyable to watch for the neutrals as well these days.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We look so much more complete being balanced.

Loved seeing AWB with many quality crosses today.

Charlie Foley

We are 3 points off Leicester. And we play them in the last game. Meaning - if we win all remaining games (and depending on what Chelsea does), we could finish 3rd. Just think about that! Who would think about it being even a remote possibility, before Bruno's arrival?

Obviously, I don't know a single fan who wouldn't be ecstatic with 4th, as well, and that also requires a lot of work and luck, but just saying - 3rd place is still theoretically possible!

Awesome game today.
Leicester still have to play Sheffield United, Spurs, and Arsenal too.

siw2007

That was a crazy game of football, it could have ended 10-4!

Possibly Maguire's worst game of the season, Bailly almost cost us the game and De Gea's distribution got us in trouble a few times. However we did score 5 goals, our attack was superb today, Rashford is getting sharper and had a good game, Martial scored a beauty and Greenwood was unbelievable. Greenwood didn't just score twice but it was two very important goals, the last of which was very much an individual effort, this kid is destined for glory.

Very positive game going forwards but at the back we made it hard work, if we played a better team we might have been caught out today. We will need to take this on board going forwards.

Icemav

Some lovely finishing and attacking play. Bruno’s an absolute god. Mason’s brilliant. Somehow I just knew he was going to score when he found himself with the ball for his second one.

DDG’s still a busted flush. Under a different manager, he could find himself as the new Joe Hart. He’s had a lot of slack.
He should be canned. 6 months of poor form is fine considering his class and past performances. 2 years is not.

We are becoming known as a team with lethal attack, pretty good but immobile defense, and a shit keeper. Seriously. A shit keeper.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What a lovely game of football. I know the defence was suspect but that's okay and expected once in a while.

We could have scored 8 or 9 today. Let that sink in. Ole has taught us to be an attacking side again.

Greenwood is a superstar in the making.

Man of the Match

Mason Greenwood image Mason Greenwood 81% of 383 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 371 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win