PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 December 2023

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Sell the club just embarrassing. 10 years of failure.

djhooley

I dunno, I had such high hopes again. Can't play Chelsea every week unfortunately

PoTMS

Just when I thought we would finally go into positive goal difference for the first time this season.

Appletonred

Cannot defend this anymore, the club is dead, unrecognisable, Ten Hag has nowhere to hide though after today, but the players are at best average.

Manny

Grammar Police
Players thinking they could live of that Chelsea performance.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Have we reached rock bottom yet? Being taken for a ride by Bournemouth must be pretty low down, right?

For all the possession we had, it never really felt like we were going anywhere.

Bournemouth were happy to let us have the ball, knowing we'd eventually misplace a pass and let them in.

You could see their strategy a mile off. However, we're such a low quality side, we couldn't do anything about it.

Very Van Gaal in the way the opposition just let us play about a lot, then picked us off without much effort.

This team has hit the wall.

MonkeysMagic

The most sad indictment I can make of this team is that we just don't look like a team! There are so many issues at every area of the pitch I cannot excuse that any Utd manager can be so utterly clueless to correct. I do blame the players, they take most of the blame but we know that the manager has to take the flak.

always_hoping

In form and well structured Bournemouth with a deserved win. First two goals came from United foolishly giving the ball away and it was basically game won by then. 3rd goal from corner the usually hopeless defending from a set piece.

United had loads of possession but attacks regularly broke down with poor passing and decision making. Looking like tough December ahead and by the end of this month will could well be midtable.

BarstoolProphet

It's allright lads, let's ban some more journalists so that we can pretend everything is ok

stevoc

When you regularly start with Martial, McTominay and the likes of Dalot. What do we really expect to happen?

BTG

Gonna be impossible to turn my grandson in to a United fan with these performances.

DickDastardly

I feel bad for Maguire. He’s in the form of his life playing for his future and the rest of them are checked out
How the tables have turned.

One day you're the one dragging us down with dumb ass decisions, now he's the one watching others make dumb mistakes.

Afraid no one is near good enough for this club.

Cloud7

Seems par for the course that after beating Chelsea, on a weekend where we can make up ground on our rivals, that we get smashed at home to Bournemouth. Half step forward, one step back. I don't know why I felt a little optimistic after Chelsea :lol: I suppose you could say it does put into perspective just how awful they were

tomaldinho1

Keep the ball and we just have zero cutting edge and teams can pick us off. Really poor goals to concede. Back to the crisis we go.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Hard to get annoyed anymore. We simply aren't very good.

Only positive is I decided against going to the game today so would currently be sat in my car, soaking, driving home.

AngliaRed

I dont blame ETH whatsover.

I have said since Jose was sacked, we wont win a fecking thing with a core squad of:

Dalot
Shaw
Mctominay
Rashford
Martial
Bruno - Can throw in there now aswell.

All crap players, individual errors.

We actually played good controlled football for long periods but stupid mistakes, lazy passes and bad final balls again cost us.

It will always be the above players getting managers sacked here. Until that core group are moved on Manchester United wont win shit.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Bournemouth's first ever win at Old Trafford. Thanks Erik!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Seems par for the course that after beating Chelsea, on a weekend where we can make up ground on our rivals, that we get smashed at home to Bournemouth. Half step forward, one step back. I don't know why I felt a little optimistic after Chelsea :lol: I suppose you could say it does put into perspective just how awful they were
What is wrong with us and Chelsea? Billions spent and can’t get up for games?

Quinze

We lost against ourselves. All their goals were soft and could have been prevented.

The teamwork is nonexistent. We have a squad, but the team is gone. Maybe the only way to rebuild it is to cut the head.

nazanto

Warning this is probably a kneejerk reaction after 3-0 lost at fecking home

Eric is looking more likely a shite manager rather than a decent one.

Onana is shite keeper. He's producing more shite performance than a decent one. You have a another keeper waiting in line. When the main one is shite, you'll have tried the other one to give him a chance. You don't need to keep playing the shite one which is Onana currently is. Nobody going to do any harm to your family if you drop Onana which you should do.

Bruno is a shite captain. Lackluster, uninspiring performance. Shite all around. Good that he missed Liverpool's game because he's gonna be shite in that game too.

When the manager insisting in playing Mctominay in the 1st eleven because he might score a goal or two while doing feck all as a midfielder, what's the point then? Play him up top if you trust him so much and put another body in midfield who you know going to do a midfielder job.

Martial. Shite.

Shaw looks like a clown today as a CB. Cut all this bullshit left footed player should playing as left sided CB. You have a a natural CB who you know has been playing CB their whole career. Play a fecking CB in a CB position or feck off.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Our midfield is in shambles as we’ve got no cohesion when transitioning from attack to defence and vice versa. This team is being forced to play in a way that it simply can’t. The only solution is for a new style of play to be introduced but that means sacking the manager which we won’t do.

sparx99

You don’t win matches if the team is full of brain dead emotional players.

It wasn’t great the whole game but if Dalot plays that square pass to Hojlund and we score it’s 1-1. That’s as big a mistake as Shaw giving the ball away and getting beaten in the air.

Until we make better chances and look for each other in attack instead of wild shooting and aimless passes we’re never going to go anywhere.

ETH seems to just want to create wild end to end football. That plays into the hands of ‘lesser’ teams. We got away with it against Chelsea but they could easily have scored 3-4 with their counter attacks. Bournemouth took their chances.

We are a low-scoring team. We need to play low scoring games. Keep it tight and try to win 1-0 because we don’t score enough to win games 4-3.

slored1

Might be the worst post-Fergie performance. Completely outplayed by a mediocre side at home, even the Anfield destruction last season was better. I cannot remember a single passage of play today where we looked threatening, let alone a sequence of attacks.

Not a single player playing above a 5/10 game, captain being a twat, CBs were terrible, wingers non-threatening, fullbacks constantly making poor decisions and the strikers haven't even shown up. Ten Hag might as well pack his bags tonight, because next week is already a forfeit in my eyes. Awful, awful, awful.

Cloud7

What is wrong with us and Chelsea? Billions spent and can’t get up for games?
Lots of money spent on not very good players. It's not that hard. Also managers who haven't been getting up to much. We're good case studies in how to squander huge amounts of money.

Dudu

As it stands, a win against Bournemouth and we're 4 points behind this lot (who are 2nd)

:wenger:
When Palace were winning 1-0..

A bannable offense. What an absolute clown. :smirk:

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw