PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 December 2023

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I thought the first half was actually one of our better performances of the season despite losing 1-0, which is more an indication of how bad we've been most of this season than anything else. Then we came out in the second half and were utterly shit.
No clinical striker is killing us. We have wasted so much money.

OrcaFat

Had enough now.

I genuinely would sack him tomorrow and put Keane in charge until June - he won't win feck all but hopefully he would identify the 80% of the playing staff that need to be jettisoned.

How could this idea be worse? Get rid and build again. We might lose a few hundred million doing it but it's not like we don't do that every year.

Keane is the surgeon we need.
I would have no problem with this at all.

Roboc7

Back to reality after the freak performance against Chelsea, lineup and tactics are just a joke at this point. Season is a write off, manager is finished but will get dragged out as long as possible. Monumental task for INEOS to sort this shit out, no quick or easy fix.

ThemanGiggsy

Why we don’t play varane is insane. Also persisting with mctominay is so dumb and we have no midfield. Why even bother starting martial.
I’m not into sack ETH yet but the stubbornness is alarming.

ShinjiNinja26

I didn’t see the game but what the feck happened here? Losing 3-0 at home to Bournemouth is an absolute disgrace! After putting in our best performance of the season against Chelsea midweek. It’s unacceptable, simple as. This team always lull you in and make you think we’ve finally turned a corner just to shite on your cornflakes the week after.

SirMattlives

It's hard t see any positives today but I do think we actually played alright for much of it. Worrying lack of strength at the back though and moments of stray passing brought pressure on ourselves. I assume ETH has at least the rest of season to sort something out but looking at the next 4 games, it is possible we lose them all, at which point the narrative writes itself.

Earth Wind and McGuire

Woeful, horrible, embarrassing. I’ve been pro ETH up until now but I’ve had enough. We are approaching the 2 year mark and we are shit. Zero consistency, zero midfield, zero effort from half the players.

His signings have been mostly shit and at a huge financial loss as we won’t shift them on to another club. ETH and the majority of the players need to go. This club needs a complete reset.

Approaching the 2 year mark and we have no identity as a team other than being shit. See ya Eric.

LawmanMan

One of the worst performances I have ever seen. ETH looks out of ideas and seems to have alienated the whole squad.

Ironically, Moyes would be ideal now as he could come in, get the players unitedl (if you pardon the pun) and instill some structure. Unfortunately we’ll probably continue down the trendy foreign coach route and continue our inexorable decline.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Absolutely fuming.

Not good enough ETH, was fully behind you but this is indefensible.

Disgraceful.

daveskimufc

I don't know why week after week the management team can't see the gaping hole in MF. Easy to hide behind manager of the month but the performances were awful and in every game we were cut open at will. If you can't get new players in surely you try different players.
Amrabat was ok today, nothing special. mctominay, if you took away goals would be close to the worst player in the top half of the prem.
Just bad
Get Hannibal mainoo in there. They won't hide and will bring more energy At least.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Woeful, horrible, embarrassing. I’ve been pro ETH up until now but I’ve had enough. We are approaching the 2 year mark and we are shit. Zero consistency, zero midfield, zero effort from half the players.

His signings have been mostly shit and at a huge financial loss as we won’t shift them on to another club. ETH and the majority of the players need to go. This club needs a complete reset.

Approaching the 2 year mark and we have no identity as a team other than being shit. See ya Eric.
When Simon Jordan said ETH, I think he said looked like a small man in an ill fitting suit. I was annoyed when he said it, but looking at him at the end of that game that is exactly how he looked.

Banana Republic

Another 3 or 4 seasons in the wilderness, if a new manager has to start from scratch with this lot.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It's hard t see any positives today but I do think we actually played alright for much of it. Worrying lack of strength at the back though and moments of stray passing brought pressure on ourselves. I assume ETH has at least the rest of season to sort something out but looking at the next 4 games, it is possible we lose them all, at which point the narrative writes itself.
even the supposed reliable players like Shaw are guilty of cheap giveaways. Shambles really

tjb

It's not good complaining about the game without assessing the reason.

The truth is, I actually didn't think we played bad for the most part, but our mistakes were duly punished whenever they were exposed. Our build up and play prior to the final third were in large parts pretty good today. Our movement in midfield was good as well .Plus, despite the fact that I'd be fine with Ten Haag being sacked, I am more positive about him actually trying to play football than going through the dire football that got him the Manager of the Month.

In saying all that, key deficiencies were also exposed. Mctominay scoring these goals for us is detrimental, as Ten Haag has shown that he things based on perceived performance rather than systemic success. Mctominay wasn't good against Chelsea outside of scoring, and he hampers our team significantly in games due to this. He doesn't provide enough touches to the team and leaves us exposed. For the first goal, his inability to get to the ball quickly enough for Bruno's pass led to the goal. People will blame Bruno for it, but as a team looking to be break the opposition press, passes like that are common place. Mctominay should have been more alert. With him in the team, we are losing battles like that because he doesn't have the touch to win individual duels that require getting first to the ball. Even when he uses physicality, he doesn't have the control or balance to keep us in possession. His goals have been masking this weakness and have also created another weakness as now, he's not even trying to have a defensive impact on games.

The second issue is our attack. It's always been an issue but it's getting more exposed with each game. We looked dangerous on Wednesday because Hojlund was making himself a nuisance and his physicality and touch opened up avenues through the middle, which is why we were creating chances. Martial has almost no impact in attack. He doesn't drift wide to support the flanks for an overload. He doesn't hold up the ball well in the middle. He doesn't make off ball runs and he doesn't anticipate goal scoring opportunities. We also don't have talented scorers like Salah on our flanks.

cj_sparky

Same old shite, shows how unorganized that Chelsea are as a team. We come up against anyone who show a bit organization and competence we struggle.

Too many wasters in this squad, back to the drawing board. Open heart surgery...more like multiple organ replacement.

ten Hag's tactical set up is suicide, we get run straight through in midfield and he will stubbornly not change anything.

Sigh

Ekeke

Mark Sullivan on MUTV asking why we are shipping goals. Any ideas? Keep it clean.
The way we set up and with the personnel we use it makes breaking against us devastating. When teams break we dont have enough men behind the ball and in positions to slow or foul to stop the attacks and reset. It isnt new or the first time we've been punished for it.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Completely done with this team, group of players and manager. Probably the manager more so than anyone else. Fed up to the back teeth of hearing trust the process.....

A stubron manager with principals and all that bollocks. Yet the other side of the coin he's playing two LBs while you got Varane on the bench. Lunacy, utter madness.

DDG needed replacing so we sign a 'footballing GK' Who very rarely plays football and is worse at Goalkeeping than DDG. Ah yes but trust the process. Don't even get me started onDalot.

I swear once SJR comes in, get Ole back because I would be 99% confident he could get more out of Hojlund up front with a supporting cast.

Need to get back to basics of defenders who can defend, midfielders who can play ball and wingers who create. This is not. Man Utd, Feckin LVG in new clothes, horrible horrible horrible

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
The players just don't give a feck and ETH does not have the ability to get players to be positive and/or he's incapable of influencing players to make a positive change. His only consistency has been pissing players off. There's no spirit. He's managed to drain the little left completely out of the team. Some of the players are shit but a good manager can get the best out of any player at a professional level.

Wing Attack Plan R

Had enough now.

I genuinely would sack him tomorrow and put Keane in charge until June - he won't win feck all but hopefully he would identify the 80% of the playing staff that need to be jettisoned.

How could this idea be worse? Get rid and build again. We might lose a few hundred million doing it but it's not like we don't do that every year.

Keane is the surgeon we need.
This isn't the worst idea. I wonder how EtH continues to not see the game as it is unfolding around him. When shit's clearly not working, why doesn't he switch it up? No subs at half time a few times now when it was clear the opponents completely had us in their pocket. I like EtH's press conferences, he seems to be saying the right things, but the team just does not execute. Even without our first choice XI we shouldn't be getting rinsed like this.

Glorio

I actually thought we were a lot better in most parts of the game than we've been this season. The issue was in both boxes

Unam333

I dont blame ETH whatsover.

I have said since Jose was sacked, we wont win a fecking thing with a core squad of:

Dalot
Shaw
Mctominay
Rashford
Martial
Bruno - Can throw in there now aswell.

All crap players, individual errors.

We actually played good controlled football for long periods but stupid mistakes, lazy passes and bad final balls again cost us.

It will always be the above players getting managers sacked here. Until that core group are moved on Manchester United wont win shit.
Shaw is a proper United player I have to say.

We controlled the game well, but Bournemouth were ruthless on the counter. Silly, silly individual mistakes and awful final balls.

Heinzesight

Positives:

1. We didn’t draw.

2. Impressive boos from the crowd considering there was only a few fans left.

Nogbadthebad

More than anything else, we need someone to control the middle, and someone to score goals.

Which exactly what we needed in April, but instead bought mount and a possibly may be good in 3 years striker.

That is down to the manager.

Fts 74

It's getting harder and harder to defend what we're seeing.I don't know what else to say.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Bournemouth
  • 19% Man Utd 2:1 Bournemouth