PL L FA Premier League

Manchester United 0:3 Bournemouth

Post-match discussion

Sat, 09 December 2023

freddie the red

Well, United huffed and puffed and Bournemouth blew their house down.
Only one team out there and it wasn't the home lot.
If today proved one thing it's that Chelsea must be absolutely terrible to allow themselves to be beaten by this side.
Followed the club since '67, not many sustained poor periods like this in that time.......much preferred watching The Doc's lads.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Personally I would stick with EtH even if it means relegation zone. But rationally that's not going to happen.

Jamie Shawcross

Surely nobody here is surprised by that today? I'm not. Club will let Ten Hag take the fall for the battering we will get from Munich and Liverpool, and then MIGHT act and get rid of him thereafter. They wouldn't get shut of him before those batterings, they need someone to blame for them. They are coming. Then again, do the club care enough to even sack him at all? Never seen such regression in a football club before. He's just done. Bye bye. If Ten Hag is still United manager by Christmas, thats your Christmas miracle folks.

Terrific Tangerine

Supports
Blackpool
Ironically, Moyes would be ideal now as he could come in, get the players unitedl (if you pardon the pun) and instill some structure.
You cannot be serious. This is no more sensible than to continue sacking whoever is the next manager punt.

Law of contrary says United win at Anfield and everybody changes their tune for a month.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
If today proved one thing it's that Chelsea must be absolutely terrible to allow themselves to be beaten by this side.
Followed the club since '67, not many sustained poor periods like this in that time.......much preferred watching The Doc's lads.
The Doc was a good manager, ETH is a fraud.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I think we've tried our best, and dominate possession throughout. End of the day, quality of pass is lacking there, and we've made some mistakes at the back.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Club needs a clear out. I actually think facing the threat of relegation might do us a world of good in shocking the board to sell and/or invest in a proper restructure. Sadly, we’re too good to be horrendously struggling at the bottom of the league and too poor to make any impact on the top half. It’s the worst position to be in.

MrBest

Just immune to losing now. We are truly on the way to be mid table, expect minimum 12 losses a year.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Need to play 4-2-3-1 with amrabat and mainoo as the two. That would improve our defense and passing game. we need to look for 1-0 and 2-1 wins against everyone.

Von Mistelroum

I chose Maguire as MOTM and he's our best player at the moment. This isn't a positive thing. He's not the joke that he looked, but should never be Manchester United's best player over a prolonged period because he's just not very good.

This really shows the state we're in. I still think that it comes from the top down and will not change until the structure of the club changes from that of a comedy club, to that of a football club, but something needs to be done short term. I see EtH saying that we're not looking to make new signings in Jan, and whether that's because we're skint or not, it's an absolute disaster that we're in this situation with a mid-table level squad at best and no way of changing things.

Pjisared

Shaw is a proper United player I have to say.

We controlled the game well, but Bournemouth were ruthless on the counter. Silly, silly individual mistakes and awful final balls.
Shaw was close to being the worst player on the pitch, continually giving the ball away, outjumped for there second goal.....Or are you taking the p...s?

Hughie77

Agree huffed and puffed and conceded poor easy goals... they took all there chances.. it shows how poor the players that are at Utd can't open up a clear chance.. Chelsea game was open because both teams think there better than they are...

DON’T PANIC ™

Need to play 4-2-3-1 with amrabat and mainoo as the two. That would improve our defense and passing game. we need to look for 1-0 and 2-1 wins against everyone.
Did you watch Amrabat today? The lad couldn’t pass wind. Yes he does pull off the odd worldie pass but 90% his passes are off target or under hit putting us on the back foot all the time. He is not the answer.

freddie the red

The Doc was a good manager, ETH is a fraud.
The Doc certainly was but I'm not sure about EtH.
A trophy and CL spot in his first season suggests otherwise and I agree with what he did with Ronaldo and Sancho but other stuff just makes you wonder what's going through his mind.
I really wanted him to be the one, a proper up and coming manager who'd take the job by the horns but it's all gone to crap inside 18 months.
Spectacularly poor at the moment and you don't see it improving over the next few fixtures.

kerrygold

Supports
united
Shameful if true but i doubt it, it was just frustration, he was lucky not to get a second yellow.
I’m looking forward to him not playing. He infuriates me and it can’t get any worse.

Moriarty

I swear once SJR comes in, get Ole back because I would be 99% confident he could get more out of Hojlund up front with a supporting cast.
I'm not that confident he will. All we get is paper talk about how INEOS is going to muck out the stables and get us playing football again but they are still on the outside looking in while the Glazers keep quiet and continue to rake in the money. It's just my opinion - hunch if you like - but I don't think INEOS or Ratcliffe will get a seat at the high table. The Glazers won't cede control.

Handsome Devil

Here was me foolishly thinking we could do something about that goal difference statistic! We could easily end the season with a negative difference, something that's never happened in the Premiership era. Another record broken!

always_hoping

Can't play out from the back. Gave the ball away for the 1st,2nd goals. Disallowed goal in added time came from that as did the corner for the 3rd goal. Three goals from 4 shots on target and did so with 31% possession and passing accuracy of just 69% that once again highlights that team doesn't have to play overly well to win against United team who aren't hard to score against or beat.

Ronaldo's Love Child

The way we set up and with the personnel we use it makes breaking against us devastating. When teams break we dont have enough men behind the ball and in positions to slow or foul to stop the attacks and reset. It isnt new or the first time we've been punished for it.
We lost two goals today from simple crosses into our box not as the result of us being stretched from a counter attack.

I've already made the comment earlier but I don't understand why United have become so wedded to this 4-2-3-1 system. Let's get proper wingers who attack the flanks and get to the byline. Drill crosses into the box and lets' create some panic and confusion in the opposition's penalty box.

We pass the ball around like we are prime Barcelona but have Fernanded as our main "creator" rather than Xavi or Iniesta

black country red

I went to Bournemouth when they beat us 2 0 in the cup 84 at least we had the pleasure of wrecking the ground and looting the town I come back with a lovely Pringle jumper ps I brought it off a fellow red at a service station didn’t nick it I reckon he did though

Ekeke

We lost two goals today from simple crosses into our box not as the result of us being stretched from a counter attack.

I've already made the comment earlier but I don't understand why United have become so wedded to this 4-2-3-1 system. Let's get proper wingers who attack the flanks and get to the byline. Drill crosses into the box and lets' create some panic and confusion in the opposition's penalty box.

We pass the ball around like we are prime Barcelona but have Fernanded as our main "creator" rather than Xavi or Iniesta
And we could have conceded a bunch more from their easy counters. They missed chances too

UpWithRivers

I'm more depressed by this result. It was if we were the smaller team and just got outdone by a bigger team. It's how Bournemouth should feel not us.

MonkeysMagic

Cue the post match apologies from the players on how it was an unacceptable performance! Yes we know, shame collectively you lot realised this after the game!

We dont want pathetic apologies, we want effort and commitment on the pitch. Sadly these players are too brain dead or just dint skive a shit, to do anything about it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was watching my other shte team in the flesh but was shocked seeing the goal updates come through..

Is that arguably the crappest team we've ever taken a 3 nil home defeat to in the last 20 years?!

Ronaldo's Love Child

I don't peruse our fixtures list anymore calculating how many points I think we can muster as we are easily capable of losing against any team.

We're lucky the FA Cup hasn't started yet......

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Liverpool away in the league next.
We might honestly be better off just not turning up and taking a 3-0 defeat and fine.

davidmichael

Do we play the dippers on Saturday or Sunday ? I work Saturdays so have an easy way out of having to watch the slaughter, I’ll have to make myself busy if it’s on the Sunday.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Bournemouth played us superbly. Gave us no space, pressed hard and hit our soft centre on the break With clinical finishing
we never looked like scoring.
and just like that we are back in crisis..
That is what you get when you have a clear strategy and the players know exactly what is expected of them and exactly what their job is. And have the ability to execute.

Football is a reasonably easy game when you get the basics right.

Glorio

Which is a bit of a problem.
I know!!! :lol:

It's probably because I'm in the midst of an urgent project, but I'm experiencing something really weird today. It's the first time I'm genuinely not in the least annoyed by a bad result. I was for a short moment during the game at 2-0, but then I had a word with myself and actually surprised myself by turning the game off with a fair bit of time left (again something I haven't done prior to now) and getting on with the project.
Maybe it will sink it later, I hope it doesn't though as it's not worth it.

Player Ratings

3.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 214 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Bournemouth win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 28% Man Utd 2:0 Bournemouth
  • 19% Man Utd 2:1 Bournemouth