Post-match discussion

Sat, 13 August 2022

Martial

I Blame Ole

for seeing the expectations too high

Last edited:

The Oracle

De Gea is a MAJOR problem in our team.

He simply can't play the ball out from the back.

That effectively means that De Gea cannot play the style of football that Ten Hag wants.

Something has to give.

It is time for De Gea to move on, because I'm backing the manager.

Thom Merrilin

Evolution instead of revolution will not work with this group of players. At least half of the players who started should be squad players at best. Adding 2-3 starters each summer is not enough I'm afraid.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
MEN starting 11 ratings:

DDG - 1
Dalot- 2
Maguire - 1
Martinez - 0
Shaw - 0
Eriksen - 1
Fred - 0
Sancho - 1
Bruno - 1
Rashford - 1
CR - 3

Zen

What do you expect when you go from McFred to.... Fred.

Playing more 10's ain't fixing the issues, otherwise Mata would of been playing more in the past couple years. The jump from Holland is too big, he can't be doing casual experiments with what he perceives as 'lower' oppisition here. Still no system in sight.

Addled

De Gea, Maguire, Shaw, Sancho, Rashford, Ronaldo, Fernandez, Fred & Dalot should be fecked straight out the door. In the words of Roy Keane, these pricks shouldn’t be allowed back on the bus. Now that I think of it they should have enough pride to know that they were shite and should find their own way home. ( I am hoping they get lost and are never seen again) What a shit show. Step up ETH and drop the lot of these useless fecks. We are all behind you. Absolutely fecking disgusted. cnuts.all of them.Bastards. Wankers.
these muppets have no pride, no fight and feck all football nous. feck em. All of em

Last edited:

Ole'sattheWheel

Liverpool at Old Trafford next week is gonna be double digits. Watch this space.

Crisis mode

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
De Gea is a MAJOR problem in our team.

He simply can't play the ball out from the back.

That effectively means that De Gea cannot play the style of football that Ten Hag wants.

Something has to give.

It is time for De Gea to move on, because I'm backing the manager.
Agreed. His blunder started the whole rout.

Kopral Jono

I genuinely don't see the point in persisting with these guys:
  • De Gea
  • Maguire
  • Shaw
  • McTominay
No point in talking about them. We know they are garbage footballers. We know they should be nowhere near the club anymore. Just stop playing them.

Martinez is too small to be CB in the Prem in a back 4. Needs to be part of a back 3 if we want him to be successful. Sancho is jogging around not trying anything. Eriksen as a signing, what was the point? No plan on how to use him and Bruno together. On Bruno, also shite.

Thought Ronaldo, Dalot and Rashford weren't absolute garbage at the very least. Still shit, just not as bad as the rest for me.

Malacia actually did well. Should be starting every week. Just a far better player than Shaw.
Good summary.

Longshanks

De gea gives Brentford a two goal start, then the Ten Hag has compleatly underestimated the physicality of the PL came to roost, who thought playing Martinez and Fred in vital defensive posistions against the notoriously physical Brentford would be a a complete shitshow.

Actually thought we looked reasonably bright at times going forward, probably a little unlucky not to get a goal or two.

But we really can't set up to high press but gives team such an easy route one get out by playing small players in vital defence side posistions. Compleatly naivety from ETH there.

And De gea? I will leave that for his performance thread it think. Absolutley dreadful.

always_hoping

Thankfully that's over.

3 decades and a bit following United and this is the most unlikeable group of group of players the club have had. SKY so annoying I'll be hitting the mute button anymore. Calling Brentford outstanding with a stunning performance in truth they didn't have to play that well at all and was gifted the 3 points within 30 minutes.

Next up Liverpool i can't think of one solid reason to sit down and watch that but the sucker that i am I'll probably will. I feel sorry for the United supporters that travel to games and are served up that shite.

Dobba

Yea Ole who left us this mess is > all, sure.
The only chance we've got of coming close to finishing second this season is if half the league join the Super League before Christmas.

Rangnick was handed a squad that comfortably finished top four and had added Varane, Ronaldo and Sancho and he managed 35 minutes of making them look remotely like a football team.

Pscholes18

Freak result.

3 completely avoidable goals, and then our heads are gonna completely for the fourth.

DDG needs binning off. As does Maguire.

Lisandro Martinez looks like a waste of money- but then again so did a certain Serbian CB at the start of his career.
This...he just needs time to adapt.

mu4c_20le

What do you expect when you go from McFred to.... Fred.

Playing more 10's ain't fixing the issues, otherwise Mata would of been playing more in the past couple years. The jump from Holland is too big, he can't be doing casual experiments with what he perceives as 'lower' oppisition here. Still no system in sight.
McT was our shield all all long

Shiva87

No words. Worst day as a United fan hands down. Can't even be hopeful that we may turn it around, or that the club will do anything worthwhile in the window to resolve this mess.

If it were any other big club with the season they had last season, they would have 5-6 new signings in before pre season starts. We are still mucking about offering money to whoever is willing to come to this horror show.

RepardReece

Does anyone want 2 tickets to Liverpool next week? I don't think I want them anymore:lol:

redom

Not sure what else we can do apart from dust ourselves off and go again.

First half was just a litany of errors and everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. At least we didn't capitulate in the second half but our inability to break them down and score was frustrating too.

EtH has one hell of a job on his hands and I just hope we can do something to make his life a bit easier with the remaining time we have in the transfer window, both ins and outs.

city-puma

De gea is an issue but... the whole team, back the manager and do what needs to be done
Those two goals DDG gave them let the whole team down. The winning mentality is built on winning and confidence, not by giving away cheap goals like that. It’s two cheap goals not one.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
From starting 11

Players who can help a functional team win the game

Ronaldo
Martinez (benefit of the doubt, no seen enough yet)
Eriksen

Players who have proved they are mentally weak/crumble under pressure/generally shit

DDG
Dalot
Maguire
Shaw
Fred
Bruno
Sancho
Rashford

Its very simple. the above 3 cannot carry the below 8 players to win a football game.

At the highest level, you'd get away with 1, maybe 2 sub-par players in the team. Expecting to win a football by starting the above 8 players is suicide.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I always say it after one of these defeats - the result doesn't bother me.

The performances and frequency of them (like this) just takes all the enjoyment away from football.

Was hoping Ten Hag could find a tune out of a few of these and teach them not to fold at the first sign of trouble, but Rangnick was right. Open heart surgery, no more plasters. Another summer wasted.

Can't wait for some rushed deals for players he doesn't even want.

Ted Lasso

For years our rivals have built skyscrapers and we've just been concealing cracks with lead paint on a crumbling palace where we've also stuffed the old foundations with plastic bags filled with cat shit. Yes I wrote this instead of watching the last few minutes so it's overly dramatic but still ffs.
This is exactly it. Look at the shrewd business moves City have made: youth development, international presence , new stadium. Laugh at them, scorn them. But that's a well run club.

We are owned by selfish, money minded leeches that have destroyed everything built over three decades by brilliant leaders.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Almost every player got a 1 from me .... blame them completely. Malacia MOTM for us.

DDG needs immediate binning. All the club's fault for coddling him and not recognising he needed changing a long ass time ago.

Hope Malacia keeps his place. Shaw can stay in the canteen for the foreseeable future. Bruno needs a spell on the bench.

Feel bad for ETH but he needs to urgently root out the ones not listening to instructions or just unable to carry out these instructions on match days. Needs to be brave as well and use other players. Can't keep selecting the same players expecting different results. They're shot mentally and won't recover anytime soon.

RuudTom83

There comes a point where you park the fecking bus for 10 minutes and gather your heads.

This team has zero football sense.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I genuinely don't see the point in persisting with these guys:
  • De Gea
  • Maguire
  • Shaw
  • McTominay
No point in talking about them. We know they are garbage footballers. We know they should be nowhere near the club anymore. Just stop playing them.

[B}Martinez is too small to be CB in the Prem in a back 4.[/B] Needs to be part of a back 3 if we want him to be successful. Sancho is jogging around not trying anything. Eriksen as a signing, what was the point? No plan on how to use him and Bruno together. On Bruno, also shite.

Thought Ronaldo, Dalot and Rashford weren't absolute garbage at the very least. Still shit, just not as bad as the rest for me.

Malacia actually did well. Should be starting every week. Just a far better player than Shaw.
No this needs to stop. It's the fecking sunday league midfield in front of him and an absolute fecking cart horse of a left back next to him. Plenty of decent, good quality CB's around his size. Other than Kane, Nunez and Haaland, the Prem is not blessed with fecking giants tbf.

Im hoping we send Shaw off to Greggs for a six month loan, utter gobshite and coward of a footballer.

Ted Lasso

Except Ronaldo, Eriksen, and Martinez (from those who started), the remaining 8 players that started have 0 mental attributes. Crumble if a throw in doesn't go their way. I hate this squad.
Gotta give a huge pat on the back to Malacia. He is the lone silver lining from today.

VP

Highest-paid squad in the league. Case studies will be written about this: how not to run a football club.

siw2007

Absolutely dejected. This group of players are going nowhere, it’s frightening just how bad it can still get and tonight was pretty awful. I don’t think this group (I refuse to call them a team because they don’t deserve to be called one) could beat any other team in the league at the moment.

Malacia did ok but the rest are completely lost and don’t have the character to play for the club.

At this moment I don’t think it is far fetched to imagine that the game on Monday will go ahead, I reckon the protests will be focused on getting the game cancelled.

Player Ratings

2.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 434 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brentford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% Brentford 1:2 Man Utd
  • 14% Brentford 1:1 Man Utd