PL L FA Premier League

Brighton & Hove Albion 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Fri, 04 May 2018

redmanx

But if the WHOLE team was collectively doing it, maybe it's not the players.
So they don't like the manager? Or is it the grass they play on, or maybe their shorts are too rough? Or is it that maybe they're overpaid divas who don't give a stuff about anything but their own egos?

redmanx

Thank God we're playing Chelsea in the FA Cup final and not Southampton then! Can you imagine this team coming out on to the pitch thinking that the game's already won?

Only in 99 did I know and hear it from the inside that the team that day knew that Newcastle Utd had no chance.That team played for each other
Don't know if anybody else picked up on this before yesterday's shambles, but the body langauge between Pogba and Mouriho was very interesting during the pre-match warm ups.

You could tell after 30-35 minutes that it was going to be another "West Brom". We made Brighton look like world-beaters.

Attitude of the players selected was 100% to blame for what happened.

I know I was quick in the past to want Moyes and LVG out but 3 managers (2 of whom were/are what I would consider to be top-tier) all producing the same results? For me it's the players this time. Jose can only do so much.

I worry for the futures of Rashford and Martial though. If Jose sells them then his days are well and truly numbered. This isn't the same situation as when Fergie sold Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince.
If I did my job like Rashford did his on Friday I would expect to at least be on the receiving end of a tongue lashing from my boss; Jose cant play for him or think for him, and he shouldn't have to carry the can for him either. Marcus Rashford wont be the first player blessed with skill and talent to fail to reach his potential, and if he decides to leave United he will undoubtedly end up abroad where he will probably fade into memory, like others before him. Maybe the boy should worry about that!

Marcky411

So they don't like the manager? Or is it the grass they play on, or maybe their shorts are too rough? Or is it that maybe they're overpaid divas who don't give a stuff about anything but their own egos?
Or maybe this dire football is down to the has been one's tactics and team selection. This isn't the first time he has set up the team to fail with his strange team selection and obviously everyone and everything is to blame except him and to strengthen his argument he points to his history.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do you really believe that, when almost half of them were the manager's signings?

redmanx

Do you really believe that, when almost half of them were the manager's signings?
The way Rashford totally ignored the fact that Martial was in a far better position to score, with Pogba trying flicks and tricks when the simple thing was what was needed, the way too many of them were strolling around, not wanting to take any responsibility or take command of the match, yes. Football is a team game, too often we see a bunch of individuals some of whom clearly have their own agendas and are playing for themselves and the gallery of watching international managers, not for their team mates, supporters or Manchester United, and whoever is responsible, be it the manager or the players, it has to stop; this is Manchester United, not a local pub team, or Chelsea for that matter.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
The way Rashford totally ignored the fact that Martial was in a far better position to score, with Pogba trying flicks and tricks when the simple thing was what was needed, the way too many of them were strolling around, not wanting to take any responsibility or take command of the match, yes. Football is a team game, too often we see a bunch of individuals some of whom clearly have their own agendas and are playing for themselves and the gallery of watching international managers, not for their team mates, supporters or Manchester United, and whoever is responsible, be it the manager or the players, it has to stop; this is Manchester United, not a local pub team, or Chelsea for that matter.
That failure to square to it Martial would be in instant substitution if I was manager. I can appreciate a forward being a bit greedy at times because he is supposed to have that shooting instinct, but that was just pathetic.

Swift Football

I think he was, the 3 CM's were utter dogshit both defensively and offensively IMO, it doesn't mean Rashford played well but he wasn't as bad as the 3 CM's in my view.
Agree. Whole midfield and attack were poor. But if I have to compare who were worse, I would say all 3 of midfield were worse than our 3 attacking players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That performance last night instantly takes a backseat after hearing news of Sir Alex being rushed in to hospital. Perspective.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Do you think these players performed differently during training, and at the game?
And these things are still showing in the game because the players would act differently between training and games in the last two years the manager in charge?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I have not seen a single second of action from this game... which is the first non-friendly United game that I can recall not seeing anything from.

I don't intend on doing so either it should be said.

Acole9

Outstanding
I have not seen a single second of action from this game... which is the first non-friendly United game that I can recall not seeing anything from.

I don't intend on doing so either it should be said.
Wish I could say the same, I'd been away for work and hurried back to see it.

Player Ratings

4.0 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 303 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Brighton win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 43% Brighton 0:2 Man Utd
  • 13% Brighton 0:3 Man Utd